Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by trumpy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4A57718A-0BC1-4509-A8E4-34A6CEDB70D1 (resized).jpeg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

I’m trying a little something different with my Top 5 list on The Pinball Players Podcast. Instead of me coming up with the list, I’m asking players to give their answer on a topic.

Care to contribute? What do you think is the hardest shot in pinball? Enter the game, then the shot on this Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/pjXnC5fezeexto3D2

I’ll count the results and the 5 most popular responses will make up the list to be announced on the next episode.

#2 6 years ago

I find the Gem shot in Tron to be pretty hard to find.

#3 6 years ago

Hands down, the Hole in One shot on No Good Gofers! Not as hard as a real hole in one, but still pretty hard to hit on a regular basis...

#4 6 years ago

I can pretty much never hit the left orbit on WOZ that goes through the pops intentionally. Not sure if it's the angle on it or what, but that thing feels impossible when I'm trying to hit it. There's lots of other hard shots in pinball but that one takes the cake for me.

#5 6 years ago

Hitting the extra ball target on Fish Tales is not that easy... at least for me.

#6 6 years ago

The Jet Stream on Supersonic with a fresh set of rubbers.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Hitting the extra ball target on Fish Tales is not that easy.

It's extremely easy if you backhand it from the right flipper. Don't waste your time trying with the left.

The hardest shot in pinball that I know from all the games I have ever played is on Maverick, the captive ball under the Lauren Bell. Nothing feeds the shot to the upper right flipper well, the only way you can even try to shoot it is off a full speed orbit from the left orbit. This shot is so valuable, but so small and difficult. I'm not talking about a shot you only hit once or twice a game difficult. I've gotten to the Poker Championship wizard mode, scored over 4.4 billion on it and owned Maverick for years and I think I probably only hit it a handful of times. If you don't think this shot is the most difficult, then you probably haven't played Maverick or tried shooting for it if you did.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

It's extremely easy if you backhand it from the right flipper. Don't waste your time trying with the left.

I guess it depends on how your flippers are set up. Back hand on mine is still difficult.

#9 6 years ago

Getting the "Dirty Pool" shot on Addams is tough. Only done it a couple times in 16+ years.

#10 6 years ago

While I agree with some mentioned above. The captive ball jackpot shot under the boat in Maverick is quite tricky.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Hitting the extra ball target on Fish Tales is not that easy... at least for me.

Backhand from the right flipper, piece of cake.

#13 6 years ago

Whichever one is lit for the biggest reward.

#14 6 years ago

The Hyperloop shot on SW Premium/LE

#15 6 years ago

Tales from the crypt right ramp.

#16 6 years ago

I agree with the GEM shot. Another really tough one is the milkcan on Houdini.

#17 6 years ago

The one I need to make most at any given time.

#18 6 years ago

Sim shot on dialed in

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Tales from the crypt right ramp.

This one is understated. I don't know how many times I hit this and just don't have enough steam to get the ball up. I like a challenge but this is sort of a design flaw.

#20 6 years ago

If anyone has played Cheetah. That skinny left lane is a doozie! How bout Surfer for an EM. When you have all your saucer lights lit, it's impossible to get into that saucer!

#21 6 years ago

Triple loop/3way combo on Whirlwind has to be one of the hardest...left orbit through the pops, then left inner loop then ramp with the upper flipper....

#22 6 years ago

WH20 Extra ball shot.- Mostly because it's a sucker shot that leads to a SDTM drain.

Hitting the IJ Mode shot when a Cliffy is installed. - bounce out city!

#23 6 years ago

That's easy.......whichever shot I have to hit next during league play for me to win the match!!!!

Last Tuesday it was the right ramp on AC/DC Pro with Jam & Album MB both lit!!!! I was beating the hell out of the to lightning targets, and when I finally got it going up the ramp, it wasn't strong enough and came back SDTM!!!!!! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

#24 6 years ago

SIM card on Dialed in.

#25 6 years ago

5x on paragon?

#26 6 years ago

WCS94 TV scoop hole shot.

#27 6 years ago

I concur with previous votes for the Gem shot in Tron. That’s also what makes Tron such an awesome game. Due to placement of a post you can’t really hit it with the upper flipper unless the ball dribbles some separation from the ball glide, which is hard to achieve.

So it takes bizarre alternate strategies to make it. My play is a billiards bounce off of the drop targets to purposefully target Gem, with an accuracy of about 10 wasted shots per actual hit. There are plunge strategies which are lower percentage and some luck from a multiball ricochet.

#28 6 years ago

Yeah I saw that from 3 years ago and another from 6 years ago, but thought it was time for a fresh take with new games to choose from since then.

#29 6 years ago

Knocking out the captive ball on strange science when there’s only one loaded. My game can do it but it has to be perfect.

4A57718A-0BC1-4509-A8E4-34A6CEDB70D1 (resized).jpeg4A57718A-0BC1-4509-A8E4-34A6CEDB70D1 (resized).jpeg

#30 6 years ago

How about shot I have at getting approval from my wife to buy another pinball machine?

#31 6 years ago

TWD Tunnel shot.

#32 6 years ago

Mode start shot on The Shadow.

#33 6 years ago

Houdini .... Ball lock to catapult , under the milkcan on the left . And when a mode is engaged any shot to get it !
    Frustratingly fun!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffparsons:

Yeah I saw that from 3 years ago and another from 6 years ago, but thought it was time for a fresh take with new games to choose from since then.

And time for a fresh batch of clever "the shot I need to make" responses, I see!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And time for a fresh batch of clever "the shot I need to make" responses, I see!

Well, it's still the truth

#36 6 years ago

Professor X shot on my x-men pro.

#37 6 years ago

Any shot that has Tequila in it. That stuff is NOT the aiming fluid they said it would be.

1 year later
    #38 4 years ago

Snikt shot on Deadpool is my new favorite hardest shot in pinball. So tough, so satisfying.

#39 4 years ago

Striker Xtreme Left Ramp. Actually nearly impossible. Even after a flipper rebuild.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Mode start shot on The Shadow.

Agree, I go through many games not hitting it once.

#41 4 years ago

What about the stupid right orbit on stupid RZ? Don't think I've ever put a ball up there and thanks to league, I'm exposed to that stupid game and stupid orbit much more than I care for.

#42 4 years ago

Hole in One on NGG

#43 4 years ago

Left ramp shot on Oktoberfest

#44 4 years ago

Subway shot on a Stern

#45 4 years ago

The scoop on Metallica, but only when Crank It Up is lit.

#46 4 years ago

WH2O extra ball shot.

#47 4 years ago

Pin*Bot - Advance Planet target

#48 4 years ago

I used to think the hole in one shot on ngg.
    That is cake compared to the new king ...the extra ball shot on JJP POTC.

#49 4 years ago

I agree with many already posted, and include getting the ball to interact with the poppers on TOTAN via the left orbit during Rocs mode. Too fast of a shot sends it right by, too slow doesn’t quite get there. Usually takes a ball to complete that for me.

#50 4 years ago

Strange World, lower left stand up target.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-shot-in-pinball-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.