11651027_10207646592987007_147933239_n (resized).jpg
DSCN4008.jpg
59_G.sized.jpg
image.jpg
NGG hole in one.jpg
image.jpg
1--rCah7mgFaFLdt3J9Kt_2Q.jpeg
pacSkillShot.jpg

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 9 years ago

Playing my Congo this morning and just realized out of all the pinballs I have owned (125) making the volcano shot is the hardest for me. I was wondering what u guys/gals think is the hardest shot to make in a pinball is? What machine and shot?

#2 9 years ago

Of the machines I have owned;
BOP: Shuttle scoop. It was so narrow on my machine the ball would barely fit thru the opening.
IJ: POA was difficult due to the narrowness, length and steepness of the ramp.
Tron Gem shot: I just can't get this one down yet. It is more of an accident when I make it, no matter what I try.

#3 9 years ago

TSPP- Upper right flipper straight to the pop target above the pop bumpers.

#4 9 years ago

I've played a Congo and yes that volcano is hard shot. But in my line up my tales from the crypt left ramp seems to give me the most problems. Maybe not as much as the volcano shot on Congo but it's a long ramp with a narrow opening.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Tron Gem shot: I just can't get this one down yet. It is more of an accident when I make it, no matter what I try.

If the Gem shot is not the no1 most difficult it's certainly the no1 for being the most frustrating
Getting the shot intentionally is a challenge but doing it consistently at the same time is another thing

Didn't Borg say it was accidentally designed wrong as well? That probably doesn't help the difficulty of the shot

#6 9 years ago

Bop billionaire shot

Bop jackpot far left shot

#7 9 years ago

Of mine Apollo 13 is tight, tight, tight. Hitting combos is never easy.

#8 9 years ago

Hole In One on NGG. How is this even a question

#9 9 years ago

NGG hole in one shot should be pretty high as well. As others have mentioned, Gem shot on Tron is very tough as well. There is also a crazy hard shot on the upper play field of Flash Gordon that is next to impossible! I believe its the collect bonus stand up target toward the middle top of the play field.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Yes good call. But never owned one yet tho. So I Don't really no how hard it is. But My ten year old hit it his frist try back at the pincade last year. I only got 3 games in never did hit one.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

But in my line up my Tales from the Crypt left ramp seems to give me the most problems.

You mean the right ramp? It's kinda far and pretty narrow. I never have trouble with the left but that right ramp Can be tough to hit consistently (least for me anyways)

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

You mean the right ramp? It's kinda far and pretty narrow. I never have trouble with the left but that right ramp Can be tough to hit consistently (least for me anyways)

Yeah that and the fact to really nail the shot and get a full ball play through it has to go upwards almost performing a full loop or it heads back down the ramp or drops itself onto the left ramp halfway point. It's pretty tough to nail that one consistently in a row from the left flipper feed.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Hole In One on NGG.

Agreed.

#14 9 years ago

Agreed. A ramp that style should have been closer to the flips. I like my ramps to be easier to hit. In my lineup I'd say the toughest shot is the neutral zone on sttng. That shot always gives me trouble from the flippers

#15 9 years ago

Final Draw on WCS. Absolutely, positively one of THE most aggravating shots in pinball.

When it's lit, I just let the ball fall in by accident. Every time I try to nail it, drain drain drain.

#16 9 years ago

Dungeons and Dragons...the shot with the upper right flipper is easily the most challenging shot in pinball. Accept no substitutes for that bad mo fo....

#17 9 years ago

Gem shot on Tron can be tough. Especially when you really need it.

#18 9 years ago

captive ball behind drop targets in Maverick using upper flipper. It has to be perfect and almost impossible

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

inal Draw on WCS. Absolutely, positively one of THE most aggravating shots in pinball.

Even worse when it has a Cliffy on it. I actually have more success hitting that shot by banking it off of the left saucer from the right flipper into the scoop.

That said, I think the Xavier shot on Xmen Pro is nearly impossible to hit on purpose.

#20 9 years ago

I also cast a vote for TFTC right ramp, super tough to hit.

#21 9 years ago

I'm gonna answer: "toughest shots in your collection"

Taxi: Carry Passengers
Centaur: Direct shot on Queen's Chamber (only single value?) -- it's my go-to shot while in multi-ball.

-mof

#22 9 years ago

While the Hole in One shot may be the most difficult to hit because of the randomness of the ball being out of contact with anything, the hardest shot to a traditional ramp or entry for me is the Guile shot on Streetfighter 2, long, tight and crucial.

If you are talking the most tension filled shot, then that is making the ramp to Melt the Witch on WOZ, nothing else quite like it!

#23 9 years ago

Gem.

Some days I hit you with ease and some days hitting you is mainly luck. I love to hate you gem shot.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Of the machines I have owned;

To make matters worse, right orbit to gem is basically impossible, but is a named combo (end of line-which is NOT end of line jackpot).

TRON owners could check the audits. End of Line combo has to be pretty low in count. The only way I could see a right orbit to Gem inner loop happening is if the software counts combos in a multiball and that sequence of switches is triggered via multiple balls.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm gonna answer: "toughest shots in your collection"

Centaur: Direct shot on Queen's Chamber (only single value?) -- it's my go-to shot while in multi-ball.
-mof

For real excitement, go for the double Queen's Chamber special. The double POP is a sweet sound.

#26 9 years ago

The middle ramp on Mystery Castle from the upper-left flipper is tough. Looping the shot is even more satisfying.

#27 9 years ago

do or die shot with double scoring.

#28 9 years ago

BK's center ramp is surprisingly hard.
Time Fantasy's Time Tunnel is hard to hit, and takes quick reflexes to avoid draining when you do hit it.

#29 9 years ago

Fish Tales' Extra Ball shot
and the EB shot on Centaur

#30 9 years ago

Air Raid shot on Judge Dredd, hole in one shot NGG

#31 9 years ago

going to have to go with hole in one NGG shot. the previous mentioned fish tales extra ball shot is tough, but its easier to backhand it.

#32 9 years ago

The lit shot

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The middle ramp on Mystery Castle from the upper-left flipper is tough. Looping the shot is even more satisfying.

You beat me to it, Brian! The Tower and Ballroom shots are both very narrow lanes, and it also doesn't help that the upper-left flipper has no feed in the first place, except from the rare secret door kick out.

#34 9 years ago

This is simple. Whichever shot I need to finish a mode, score a super jackpot, melt the witch, destroy the ring, get the extra ball, enter wizard mode, beat wizard mode.... those are all hard

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

I was going to post the same. They really made that shot so hard that it really feels like a hole in one when you hit it

Some games, I think the hard shot is kind of made hard due to it being a really dangerous shot. The top of Black Rose, the left ramp on Shadow, and the center shot on TWD. To me those are worse because if you miss you eat it. You can't just reset and try again.

#36 9 years ago

I'm going to say the "C" drop target on Batman Forever is the hardest shot in pinball. It's impossible from either lower flippers, and damn near impossible from the upper right hand flipper.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

IJ: POA was difficult due to the narrowness, length and steepness of the ramp.

Speaking of IJ, I've found the captive ball shot pretty tough too as the ball generally seems to careen into the pop bumpers.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Final Draw on WCS. Absolutely, positively one of THE most aggravating shots in pinball.
When it's lit, I just let the ball fall in by accident. Every time I try to nail it, drain drain drain.

My favorite way to hit that shot was to backhand it. I was more consistent from the right flipper. The ball did have to be trapped first.

#39 9 years ago

As mentioned above, the Tower ramp from the upper flipper on Mystery Castle. I owned the game for years and only could make the shot a handful of times.

#40 9 years ago

+1 on NGG HIO. Sweet when you nail it, tho.

#41 9 years ago

Mode Start on The Shadow

Knocking one of the balls out of the locks on Strange Science

Upper Ramp on Striker Extreme

Either of the Locks on Catacomb.

#42 9 years ago

Empire strikes back
The drop targets , not possible to hit them. You have to hope the ball bounces just right

#43 9 years ago

The lane behind the Undertaker drops on WWFRR.

The Fuel target on MET is also a tough one, although not very rewarding in points but I love the engine roar.

#44 9 years ago

lost world upper right flipper to gate shot >> granted it is really a 3 way combo shot.

#45 9 years ago

TRON gem shot all the way. I never got this shot down. It was mostly luck. And when you really needed it, I could never get it. It may be the hardest, but also the most rewarding when you do get it!

#46 9 years ago

Single shot has to be Tron's Gem. Shots is probably Shadow's 7 way.

#47 9 years ago

Gem shot is not easy, but it certainly is not as difficult as the Hole in One shot on NGG

#48 9 years ago

Iron man skill shot with the outer post disabled. With the post enabled it's the easiest skill shot in pinball. With it down the ball either falls short or just keeps on going. Not sure if from the plunger counts but it's pretty difficult. Also the away team/mission select shots in Star Trek ( more of a personal issue as I think it's just me… flailing 30 shots before loosing it and only getting 3 missions per game).

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Also the away team/mission select shots in Star Trek ( more of a personal issue as I think it's just me… flailing 30 shots before loosing it and only getting 3 missions per game).

Yep.....It's just you.

#50 9 years ago

The shot on WOZ from the right flipper across to the skill shot standup target in haunted forest. Hard as hell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-shot-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.