(Topic ID: 19255)

Hardest pinball machine you've ever played???

By Winball_Pizard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 11 years ago

Jacks Open....it's an EM but damn when I play it at a friends house, it always beats me up. I keep playing and playing it and never get any better

#152 11 years ago

And if I had to select a modern SS game....Demo Man. I don't know why, but I can't play it....I suck so bad playing that game.

#153 11 years ago

I swear this is the truth. My JM is the machine that I have the hardest time with. I have played so many games and just keep telling myself that I will get better. I beat my friends pretty much every time but thats not saying a lot. I went to the Pinball Hall of Fame and got so many free games and did well on so many machines. It just made me realize that I suck at the game that I have played the most in my life.

#154 11 years ago

My vote, Pin Bot. I have not rolled this pin yet, 7,800,000. When they have a fun pinball challenge, like one flipper only. Using a Pin Bot would not really make any difference. I have played it a few times, and never used the left flipper once. Have Fun Folks.

#155 11 years ago

Baywatch, there is so much to it, and it has kicked my ass for over a year now.

#156 11 years ago

Cleopatra. I've played this for months and haven't gotten any better.

#157 11 years ago

Blackout by far!!!

#158 11 years ago

IM Is a tough game for me. Makes me feel like I am facing a major league pitcher with a short bat. And I always stunk at baseball.

I've never owned that game though, just played it a couple of hours one weekend.

#159 11 years ago

From my collection, BSD and The Shadow are tough. STTNG is hard, but enjoyable.

Judge Dredd is so hard for me that it is now in the garage instead of the game room...

#160 11 years ago

Vector is almost always over fast for me!

#161 11 years ago

Wheel of Fortune. The flippers are wider apart than normal, there's a big post between the outlanes that lulls you into a false sense of security. The thing that makes it hard is your strategy to save the ball quite often involves fighting your natural instinct to flip. You'd have to play one to know. That game pisses me off but not to the point of being violent like BSD does.

#163 11 years ago

XM pro and bsd for me

#164 11 years ago

the shadow

#165 11 years ago

LOTR Owned it 5 years and played it regularly. Came close several times to Valinor but never made it.

#166 11 years ago

Devils dare is wicked hard but very fun.

#167 11 years ago

Pinbot ......with broken right flipper (at local spot... )

#168 11 years ago

Hardest i've played was the EP1 at the Zoo show about 4 years ago in the finals. Everyone walked up, played for about 15 seconds and sat back down. I think the record ball time was 45 seconds, which was enough to win.

#169 11 years ago

IM and BSD can be brutal. I think DW is deceivingly difficult though. Lots of center and outlane drains on that game for me.

#170 11 years ago

Star Trek (79) is a draining machine. I've played it a lot but only have 2 games that I felt were any good.

#171 11 years ago

XM Pro for me it can be absolutely brutal sometimes. BSD is up there as well.

#172 11 years ago

JP and D&D kick my butt on a regular basis, well, every pin does, but those two everyday.

#173 11 years ago

#174 11 years ago

tron and iron man

#175 11 years ago

Avengers Hulk LE on factory settings is kicking my butt.

#176 11 years ago

BSD easily.Of course that's why I wanted it

#179 11 years ago

Dr. Who and Pinbot.

I refer to Pinbot as "Drainbot".

#180 11 years ago

Time Warp at my mate Nashy's house because its got banana flippers and he can't bear to get beat so he keeps on damn well talking to you the whole time.

#181 11 years ago

emperor Ming awaits

Flash gordon and Pinbot two of my favorite classic games are both drain monsters but that does not stop me from always putting in more games and trying.

#182 11 years ago

Taxi, Taxi, Taxi, for me. If you kiss your shots, look out.

#183 11 years ago

There's a Pin*Bot at Free Gold Watch in San Francisco. The plunger lane is messed up so it's nearly impossible to get the ball up the vortex spiral. Maybe 1 in 10 shots makes it to the 5000 hole. The tilt is so tight that if you even breathe on it funny it tilts. A few of us have taken to calling it Tiltbot.

1 year later
#184 9 years ago

I looked this up as I was curious what people would say. I think the shadow is one of the hardest I have played, took me 10 years to complete the final battle however I never go for a score but to complete the game. I will never be a competition winner just enjoy knocking the balls around. Which ever machine I chose to play. I have played many machine that are hard but I have found some not that enjoyable to play. So their could be harder I just didn't necessary like them so lost interest in them.

#185 9 years ago

Roadshow, getting to the west coast without a buy in is very difficult! Love the game , keeps me coming back

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

For DMD era I'd go with BSD. That game continually kicks my butt!
For pre-DMD i'd have to say Flash Gordon.-Since I swapped in my CPR playfield, I think my average game-time is about a minute!

I can vouch for this, my game was over before I knew what happened.

#187 9 years ago

RS, see above, Lotr and Valinor and WPT just in general.

#188 9 years ago

Lord of the Rings...f'en brutal to complete.

#189 9 years ago

TX Sector makes me swear a lot. The reasons why I think it's tough.... None of the ramps feed back to the main flippers, 9 drop targets fairly low on the play field and in addition to the normal slingshots it has two extra kickers low on the play field to give you an extra dose of side to side nastiness. When I do manage to get multiball I'm lucky if it lasts more than a couple seconds before they go down the drain. Damn you TX.. TX.. TX!

#190 9 years ago

STTNG- brutal outlanes/draining, eventually had to sell to maintain my sanity.

#191 9 years ago

Harder = Skill required to move through the game.

RBION

#192 9 years ago

Big Daddy. You are doing good if you get to hit the ball with the flippers or have a ball time in excess of 5 seconds.

#193 9 years ago

Harder = ball time:

I would say as a whole the EM's are much harder than the SS (includes DMD) pins.

Of the more modern (last 23 years) I think STTNG can be brutal if your not a good nudge'r. I hear IM is tough but the only time I played it was at the Michigan Expo on the last day and I got 40+ million (or is it billion???) and put my initials on it.........so it didn't seem that bad but I will assume I got lucky.

AC/DC Pro (harder than the premium) can have some short ball times as well.

1 week later
#195 9 years ago

Fishtales and sttng. Attack from mars is a challenge if the drop target for the saucer is only set to drop on the final "hit" that destroys each saucer

#196 9 years ago

Dungeons and dragons....!

#197 9 years ago

Stern Catacomb

That darn Toast is tough to fill! Bagatelle game is frantic!

Not for the timid.

#198 9 years ago

Cyclone is much harder than it looks if set up with a vicious left flipper hop. This is with everything fully working, but of course out on a route, stuff breaks. Cue these stories:

Quite a few of the times I ran into a TZ on location (this was BITD, mid- to late 1990s), it had something broken on it making it more difficult than it would otherwise be. Once, it was the gumball diverter. A couple of other times, it was a misaligned rocket kicker sending the ball who knows where. Another time, it was the ball dumper (right ramp diverter) being stuck open so all shots would go to the powerfield (too lazy to fix it properly). $DEITY forbid you make the right ramp shot with the wrong amount of force with the powerball... no ball check can move a ceramic ball using only magnets intended for steel balls. Also, that busted diverter ruins any chance at most three- and four-way combos.

There was the nimrod that removed the left rebound gate on Time Machine one time, meaning a hard plunge went straight past the lanes and maybe right into the bumpers if you were lucky. That's a clear bastardization if done on purpose (again this was BITD, we had quite a few sloppy operators in this area).

Granted certain breakage was beneficial to the player. Such as a Pin-Bot where the plunger lane would register various switches on the skill shot. Before locking a ball, I think it was the 5K one. After locking a ball, the 100K one. That's the only time I've ever rolled a Pin-Bot. Though, trying to finish the ball with the skill shot animation going off over and over again was a new challenge...

#199 9 years ago

The one I own right now that I can't/haven't finished is PoTC. The trio of Heart, Davy Jones and Jack the Monkey own me - two out of three, yeah; all three = last one dropping me to my knees swearing. (Old school - another vote for Paragon)

#200 9 years ago

Shortest ball times IM, JM and BSD,,,,,,,,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-pinball-machine-youve-ever-played/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.