(Topic ID: 19255)

Hardest pinball machine you've ever played???

By Winball_Pizard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by modfather
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 11 years ago

Mousin Around kills me on every ball

#52 11 years ago

IM and Tommy, specifically Taylor34's Tommy. Launch, orbit, slingshot, outlane drain. Rinse and repeat.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

IM and Tommy, specifically Taylor34's Tommy. Launch, orbit, slingshot, outlane drain. Rinse and repeat.

Haha, glad you remember it. It kills everyone. The best was the guy was scored 1.2 billion and beat super hero on my spiderman, then proceeded to play Tommy next and scored like 30 million his first game, lol. He tried over and over and over but it kept on killing him repeatedly. I think he finally did put together a 500 million game though but not until after he wanted to smash the game.

I would say for 2000+ games, IM. For 90's games, Tommy and BSD with lightning flippers. For the other digital games, Paragon, Firepower, and Black Hole are all tough.

#54 11 years ago

I have SHADOW, FT, and BSD all set up 7.5 degrees or more for speed, and they kill me.

#55 11 years ago

never had a chance to play some of the listed games above but I still find F-14 a very fast and tough game For every great game I manage it takes weeks before I score the same again

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Haha, glad you remember it.

My therapist says that with time, I should be able to repress most of it.

#57 11 years ago

Wide body pins always rock me bad

#58 11 years ago

JD... but specifically *my* JD. I don't know what makes that one set up so well, but I used to own two and my one is absolutely brutal. In the 1000+ games that has been put on it since I've owned it, the average ball time is 38 seconds.

That includes it being used in multiple MGC tournaments with many really good players taking cracks at it. It's a mean, mean game.

#59 11 years ago

Lot of good games in this thread and its bringing back some painful memories of my ass getting kicked! Tommy at the local arcade is setup really slow and shallow but that doesn't stop those slings from dispensing the will of the pinball gods, maybe even encourages more drains!! Pinbot is another good one and I got in quite a few games on a good playing JackBot today with a nasty game saucer kickout, don't remember getting a ball save either. I kicked JM's butt today at a bar with the aid of no tilts and a ton of slide saves and death saves I can't wait to experience the savagery of Flash Gordon at PAPA!

#60 11 years ago

Tron

#61 11 years ago

paragon is tough

#62 11 years ago

Iron Man is tough...

Especially when the local IM has not been shopped; trying to get War Machine multiball when the optos aren't registering hits sucks...

#63 11 years ago

Iron Man is a hard game, but if setup properly it can be made much easier. It has 4 settings for the outlane posts and if your finding the game too hard that can be changed to make it a lot easier for longer games. Although that being said a long good game on Iron Man still doesn't happen every game. But...... Its a heck of a lot of fun!

#64 11 years ago

Lord of the Rings...Played/owned it for 5 years and never made it to Valinor.

#65 11 years ago

Shadow the hardest for me.
F14 the fastest drain

#66 11 years ago

Lots of difficult games here. Shadow kicks my butt in general. BSD? Some bad games but also easy to rock it hard when you're hitting the ramps (get the right stuff lit and get many millions per shot), so not really a 'hard' game.

My one really HARD game, of all the ones I've played over the years, is Lost World. Straightforward game with extremely balanced scoring. Basically one straight multiball mode, 5 modes to start and complete (no partial progress--need to restart from scratch, and each mode gets more difficult!), and a wizard mode if you complete all 5 modes.

The game has a fan layout, similar to AFM (ramps are a bit wider) and is incredibly fast and lively. Getting a good score requires a lot of consistency and being able to hit ALL playfield shots. There is not a single shot that is common to any 2 modes. Finishing modes is generally tough (esp. Mobile Lab and Raptor), and gets harder next time if you mess up or drain during a mode.

My LW is set on Easy (one step below factory, one step above Extra Easy). I have an EB at 10M. I've owned it for 14 years (NIB). Nobody has ever made it to the San Diego wizard mode on this machine. (I have completed 4 of 5 modes several times.) All-time high score is about 24M, right about where the factory high score is set. And some world-class players have spent time on this game too.

#67 11 years ago

Not knowing the rules just walk up and play..
1. TZ clueless still have not read the rules.
2. IM kicked my butt now that I know the rules some what its better.
3. Bk2k tried to play the lower pf and its a ball drain magnet.

#68 11 years ago

I am starting to get nervous about the direction of my line up. Currently TS and LOTR...well represented here. and adding WOZ..."reputed" to have depth of legends.

I need a mindless, rack up the points game, methinks!

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Bk2k tried to play the lower pf and its a ball drain magnet.

and that lower pf has a "MagnaSave" feature on it! Maybe its located in the wrong area

#70 11 years ago

ACDC PRO! Fast as hell. Makes STTNG and FT look so easy.

BSD and IM second.

#71 11 years ago

Stern Viper

#72 11 years ago

Tron LE hands down for me.

Funny someone mentioned RBION. I passed on buying one of these because I felt it was too easy.

#73 11 years ago

Easily bsd!!!! Haha damn that gm!! Hate and reAlly love it!

Anyone keeping track ? Kinda looked like bsd and shadow.

You are a man offfffffff good................. Taaaaassssssttttteee

#74 11 years ago

Said it before, I'll say it again: Orbitor 1.
Not hard as in a challenge, hard as in no control over the game and impossible to play.

#75 11 years ago

I have beat TSPP, have not beat LOTR. That seemed to be a pretty tough, deep game but I did destroy the ring in 24 seconds once. To get to the very end...tough. Makes me want another.

Tommy was hard, never got all those letters for the super jackpot was it?

I think some of Borgs' creations are the hardest. Jurassic Park the Lost world is insane to get to San Diego. I had IJ4 set up very liberal, with extra balls for special and brought the outlane posts down, and still could never beat that pin (though I posted something like 550 million or more on it)
TRON..still haven't beat Portal. Just today I went there TWICE in one game without extra ball on stock settings but did poorly in portal multi-ball

hardest system 11 i would say, would be Dr dude...super dude...outlanes can be brutal.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have beat TSPP, have not beat LOTR. That seemed to be a pretty tough, deep game but I did destroy the ring in 24 seconds once. To get to the very end...tough. Makes me want another.
Tommy was hard, never got all those letters for the super jackpot was it?
I think some of Borgs' creations are the hardest. Jurassic Park the Lost world is insane to get to San Diego. I had IJ4 set up very liberal, with extra balls for special and brought the outlane posts down, and still could never beat that pin (though I posted something like 550 million or more on it)
TRON..still haven't beat Portal. Just today I went there TWICE in one game without extra ball on stock settings but did poorly in portal multi-ball
hardest system 11 i would say, would be Dr dude...super dude...outlanes can be brutal.

When you say you beat TSPP, did you mean you beat Alien Invasion or actually got to the extreme wizard mode? As getting to that wizard mode seems almost impossible, lol.

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I have beat TSPP, have not beat LOTR.

This seems as if you don't realize the depth of TSPP.
I've made Valinor 7or 8 times, but have never come close on TSPP.
I've beaten AI once.
Never been to Scratchy's revenge or whatever it is when you get all the I&S supers.
Never beaten the cross-hands mode by making every shot.
Don't think I will ever make it to the SDMEWM.
I do play alot more LOTR than TSPP, but still...
I only know of 2 people I believe that have made it. (KME & BEK)
Keefer may have, but I never asked him.
-DNO-

#79 11 years ago

As for my vote, games as-is from the factory: Ironman
games basterdized: LOTR at PAPA 14 last year. Posts and more posts removed, lightning flippers, hair tilt, hard rules, and funky ass yellow flipper rubber.
Check the scores out:
http://www.papa.org/papa14/live/topA-Lord_of_the_Rings.html
NOBODY above 50M!
-DNO-

#80 11 years ago

Firepower, Paragon. WOM (Wheel Of Misfortune) kicked my ass at Pinburgh this year! I used to be able to play BSD pretty good but lately can't seem to have a decent game on it. Fish Tales always beats me down too.

#81 11 years ago

I beat alien invasion (super tough) I did get the scratchys revenge but I forgot what happened. Perhaps I haven't but I thought I had- I will have to youtube it, it's been a couple years...have had three of them. LOTR is one of those games where either everything is going your way or nothing is, a game I need to revisit!

#82 11 years ago

I have, in fact I just did it on my New Years party 6 months ago. Blasted through everything on my first shot, which is certainly the first time I've done it that way. Only had 350M or so due to extreme efficiency.

#83 11 years ago

I'm going to say Bally Old Chicago. I've got it set to 3-ball and I'd wager almost every game is under 5 minutes.

#84 11 years ago

TZ. There have been several games where I hit a lot of nothing.

#85 11 years ago

I've got all my games set at 7-7.5

TZ is not that hard
BSD just takes time to get used to then its not bad either
My pick for the hardest game is......
Jurassic Park Lost World. The game is super fast. It only has 5 modes but good luck on finishing them and moving on to San Diego. I have had this game the longest of any pin I've owned and its the only one I can not finish.

#86 11 years ago

I'd say STTNG is the hardest game I've played (without any mods to make it easier), although it's not that deep of a game. It is not super-difficult to get to the wizard mode in STTNG but it's very frustrating and a drain-monster, like BSD.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Pinbot - pop into left drain is just rage worthy, and common.

but it makes the "good" games that more memorable and enjoyable. I like goes that kick your ass and make you work harder at your nudging and shot making skills.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

TZ. There have been several games where I hit a lot of nothing.

This is the same way with me....just can't ever, EVER get anything going on it.

#89 11 years ago

goin' back to EM's.. Big Brave/Big Indian

#90 11 years ago

For as many times as I've played it, I swear I never had a really good game on FH. Rudy is my nemesis.

#91 11 years ago

IM for me. No matter how much I play it, I just never seem to get any better. The ball is just constantly draining. Another one I think is really hard is BSD, but at least I occasionally have a decent game on that one. I don't think I've ever had a game I felt pleased with on IM.

5 months later
#92 11 years ago

I have to agree on BSD being very hard. I have only had it for a week but I can not seem to get the ramp angles....and the center post bounce is a drainer. Cyclone also kicks my ass pretty good. It does have the high scoring on the cyclone ramp jackpot as well as the ...but who can hit that 3 times in a row......the ball comes down on the wrong side! maybe when I master the ball pass. The comet ramp is easier to hit but even with that I can rarely break 2,000,000.
Good thing my Gorgar makes me feel like a champ

#93 11 years ago

My two nemesis pin are FT and mousin around. Both those pins beat me to death for some reason.

#94 11 years ago

bsd, fish tales, sttng, junkyard

#95 11 years ago

TZ, the shadow, BSD, jokerz!, f-14

#96 11 years ago

The Black Hole gets My vote. Lose the ball from the LOWER playfield without hitting all the targets and it is a bonafide End-of-Ball - not just an eject onto the main playfield but a loss down the outlane.

Vector is also a toughie due to the odd layout and (for its time) "complicated" ruleset and odd sequencing of stand-up drop targets to complete to open up the ramps.

NOTE: I like both games. Tough does not equal dislike.

#97 11 years ago

IM, easily....

#98 11 years ago

I vote for Pinbot and WW.

Nothing worse than too light of a shot on the skill shot on WW, and watching the ball float right over to the left outlane, is there?

#99 11 years ago

Paragon

#100 11 years ago

Jack Bot
IM
F-14

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 15.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardest-pinball-machine-youve-ever-played/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.