IMG_20200404_024105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200404_024101 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200404_024052 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200404_024057 (resized).jpg
fa6626617a707a2429de9b5baab43e910f761d54 (resized).jpg
hb (resized).jpg
963C1FBA-A727-46B3-B633-2E655FD6C148 (resized).jpeg
2830FD5D-301A-42B1-A69F-0C882FAB8730 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

Just got my Hardbody and she is pretty... Cab is in really, really great condition, and the backglass looks great too... I do have a few bits of wear on the playfield which cheeses me off... And one of the bits is the ladies arm... One plastic is slightly damaged, but all in all I'd say the condition is near mint. I will work on restoring and fixing it to 100% mint... I want to also put a custom vinyl wrap on the cabinet as I just think that the cab art is boring and stinks and really should feature more of Mclish. YEP! I WANT MORE OF HER! This was a dream theme for me and this pin is never leaving my collection. Today I start my custom rule cards, and Im currently talking to another forum member to get plastic scans so I can repair and actually create a new Ab station plastic... I mean why show a guys abs there when you can show some pretty ripped ladies abs... Seems like a wasted opportunity but maybe they deemed it TOO sexy for the 80s.
I do have a play question though... The ball when I'm playing really seems to fly around and jump and bounce all over the place. I mean really wicked leaps and jumps... Is this normal... Or do you think I need to adjust the playing surface and make it more sloped??? I have no idea about the setups and I just did it by eye... I can always break out the level... But, I was just curious as the ball bounces like a rabbit a lot. Fast and lots of jumping. But, to me that adds to the fun of the game.

1 week later
#32 6 years ago

Does anyone have any playfield scans. I need a good scan of the girl with the dumbbells on the upper playfield. Part of her forearm is worn due to bad flipper setup... Not from me. All previous owner. Anyway I'd like a nice high resolution image before i attempt to do the touch up...

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That's fun, or just shooting for that extra ball can be a lot of fun. I still haven't mastered those in-line drops. So while I do appreciate Hardbody for what it is in a perfect world, I'd still love to retheme mine as Pandemic. If I could figure out how to replace the sounds, it would be a project I'd more actively pursue.

Well, I like that there are 3 main ways you can get an extra ball in this game and also depending on how you have it set up, you can get more for hitting the replays, which is how I have mine setup. I get an extra ball at like 1,200,000 and then another one at 1,800,000. But, I like that if you hit the three drop targets down that grunt and then the wall button, you get an extra ball. And I like the loop up top for the extra ball, and then I believe you can get an extra ball once the ramps go up and you complete enough loops...
And I think if you set it up a certain way there are no limits to how many extra balls you can get, so long as you get them on each ball. Still not an easy feat but a fun one.... My only gripe about Hardbody, because I LOVE THE THEME, my only gripe is it has no multiball... Man this game would really rock with multiball. And they could make it a new feature. Like the woman does heavy breathing and the weights are really clanking... Could make it fun... But, oh well...

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Hey diospinball where did you find your game? Was it the one on the Craigslist in Detroit?

No, it was from Omaha. I found it on Craigslist... But, to be honest... I'm a bit upset with the purchase. The flippers I still need to fix, and the playfield wear is just a bummer. Only 3 places, one very, very minor, one minor, and one one the upper playfield girls forearm... I think I can fix all of them... Just don't have the time right now... Also, some screws are missing in the plastics, one plastic has a minor crack, and lastly, he used screws sometimes instead of the plastic caps... Just a lazy refurbish I think... But, I got a decent price for the game, and I do LOVE the hardbody...
There is one for sale for a decent price in Arizona... 1,400... They wouldn't come down in the price for me, but that was a few months back... Might come down in price. I paid 1,200 for mine, and I think that's a fair price...
I would love to find a Raven for sale, and complete my 80s tough gals pinball collection. But, not going to pay over 1k for a Raven.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardbody-club-lets-get-physical-physical?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.