(Topic ID: 129590)

Harbor Freights 5 Lb. Metal Vibratory Tumbler Bowl

By PinballFever

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9049.jpg
    T236-2.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

I read the manual for this tumbler but it doesn't say. Is it OK to turn off the tumbler then turn it on again repeatedly?
    For example run the tumbler a couple of hours then turn it off when I go somewhere then turn it on again, off and on for a TOTAL of about 24 hours on?
    It says to wait about an hour after turning it off to let the dust settle before opening the lid.

That's overkill. It's just a simple electric motor... turn it on and off at your leisure. The tumbling media doesn't create that much dust to worry about.

#52 6 years ago

Got it. I'll do just that. Thanks.

#53 6 years ago

I run it outside the door of the shop.

That way I don't hear all that noise, and any toxic dusts blows into the neighbors garden.

#54 5 years ago

Yes, I plan to do that. I'm thinking it would be better to be around while it's running then turn it off if I go somewhere.

How about galvanized metals. Is it ok to tumble them or will that remove the protective coating? Would it be better to use a sonic cleaner?

#55 5 years ago

Ultrasonic is ONLY a cleaner.

Tumbler removes actual material.

#56 5 years ago

So if you want just to clean something, Ultrasonic is perfect.

If you want to remove corrosion, or polish, Tumbler is perfect.

#57 5 years ago

In my case these are dirty metal parts which aren't corroded that are galvanized with the protective coating. I don't want to remove that coating.

I read online that the best way to clean galvanized metals is to wash them with soap and water and use a sponge with the scrubber to clean them.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harbor-freights-5-lb-metal-vibratory-tumbler-bowl/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.