Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by spblat
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1EC6AAB9-CCAF-468F-9B49-791FD3E846C3 (resized).jpeg
    crane.jpg
    bin rack.jpg
    HF 11 Drawer Cart.png
    IMAG0878.jpg
    hfcoupon.jpg
    Workbench.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_6745-920.jpg
    IMG_6728-650.jpg
    IMG_6726.jpg
    wrenches.jpg
    image_20471.jpg
    dolly.jpg
    image-420.jpg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Wow, this list was a bad thing to click on. So much money to leave my pocket

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Laser. Good for modders.... e.g. good for STTNG. Creates a laser line, not just a pinprick point of light.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/laser-marker-93242.html

Very curious as to how vivid the beam is... Had an idea for my Firepower that these would be perfect for... But for $4.99 I'll buy 1 and check it out... If it sucks, then I only lost 5 bucks!

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Very curious as to how vivid the beam is... Had an idea for my Firepower that these would be perfect for... But for $4.99 I'll buy 1 and check it out... If it sucks, then I only lost 5 bucks!
    -Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

It's a low power laser, but it is reasonably bright. I no longer have STTNG and I don't have my ST Pro setup yet, so I can't do a visual on those. Not that you want a laser on your POTC, but it looks REALLY good on a playfield like that (lighter yellow main playfield area). It doesn't look nearly as good on AVLE (too dark of a playfield apparently and the LEDs start to blind you to seeing the laser). So, this could be a problem on ST Pro (red playfield is probably not good for red laser and it has a lot of very bright LEDs -- probably similar to what you see on STLE with it's laser "star field"). I could see it working for STTNG for the cannons... especially if you don't put blinding LEDs in your machine that overwhelm everything else. Another idea is to do a custom topper with this laser and shine them on the ceiling to look like phaser fire. Now you probably aren't going to notice it while you are looking down at the game, but your bystanders would get an additional light show -- and you won't shoot anyone in the eye with a laser

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Wow, this list was a bad thing to click on. So much money to leave my pocket

Tell me about it.. I now have a list on my phone of things to pick up next time I'm there.

#55 10 years ago

Just picked up an ultrasonic cleaner on sale for $82.99 and used a 25% coupon to bring the price down to $62.24. Great deal, now time to figure out how to use this thing! Any tips for solution mixtures?

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from RefugeNate:

Just picked up an ultrasonic cleaner on sale for $82.99 and used a 25% coupon to bring the price down to $62.24. Great deal, now time to figure out how to use this thing! Any tips for solution mixtures?

Anyone know a good source for HF coupons?

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85668

Of course you'll have to go to the last pages to find.

Also here:

http://www.coupons.com/coupon-codes/harbor-freight-tools/

#60 10 years ago

Ok, thanks to all you Pinside knuckleheads, I drove across the border to HF and spent almost $500 !!!

What's the matter with you people ? You can just throw this stuff out there and expect me not to react !!

Now stop it !!! : )

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I seem to get them in the junk mail almost ever other day. Lately they've included 25% off instead of the normal 20%.

#62 10 years ago

Join their email list Brian you'll get coupons shot at you every few days

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Isn't that the same thing?
    Here's my contribution - do NOT rely on these unless you have a perfectly level surface. I busted mine in 2 min moving pin on legs from garage to driveway.

image_20478.jpg 75 KB

These things are junk. They will start to bend if you leave machine sit on them for more than 24Hrs. They will hold up for older games like EM's and early SS.

#64 10 years ago

Harbor Freight carries Super Lube for about 2.99 a tube. Pick up a couple of those.

Moving blankets for storing and transporting games.

#65 10 years ago

This is what I am getting from Harbor Freight for Christmas. I needed a nice enough work bench to do some work on. It even has a built in flourescent light on the top.

Workbench.jpgWorkbench.jpg
    #66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Just bought this guy the other day and love it. Perfect moveable work space, and perfect for holding all your tools. Just saw they are only $109 this Black Friday. I paid $159 on Sunday. UGH.

image.jpg 1.6 MB

Where did you see it for $109? I'm looking at Harbor Freights black friday ad on the internet and it is showing $159 as the sale price.

For $109 - I've to to have one of these!

#68 10 years ago

Just saw picture upload is working again so here is the coupon:

hfcoupon.jpghfcoupon.jpg

#69 10 years ago

Thanks Gtown!!! Santa will be visiting my house early....

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

3 Piece Hex Drill Socket Drivers. Best $2 you can spend! These are great for removing leg bolts with a cordless drill.

And about a million other things. I took apart and reassembled my first pin with these and some deep 1/4" sockets and my programmable torque drill - saved me a ton of time. I LOVE these adapters!

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

You guys with the carts, you don't put some cross members between the cart and the game? I will sometimes use 2x4s or 1x4s so the weight of the game is balanced on the side panels and not the panel underneath.. that kinda scares me, especially on older games.

I've never never found a need to do this. When under the center of gravity I've never had a game tilt, even when hitting a crease in the sidewalk and coming to a quick halt. As a safety measure I always move with legs on, but it may help to keep some friction on the top, like gluing down the rubber pad it comes with or attaching carpet.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

I've never never found a need to do this. When under the center of gravity I've never had a game tilt, even when hitting a crease in the sidewalk and coming to a quick halt. As a safety measure I always move with legs on, but it may help to keep some friction on the top, like gluing down the rubber pad it comes with or attaching carpet.

I think he means not putting all the weight on the thin bottom panel of the cabinet. Using cross members will disburse the weight to the thicker, vertical ends of the side cabinet. I agree with it, if I had one that is what I'd do.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

I got a set of wheels like those from Lowe's and they've worked well. Moved a pin across a driveway/walkway and inside on uneven tile a few times. Useful inside moving in tight spots since the HF lift doesn't go sideways.

I have a couple of those sets too. Only broke one of them when someone tried to move a bingo across carpeting without lifting a little. They worked fine with the bingo (heavy!) across carpet as long as you lift up a little. Great on non carpeting lol.

#74 10 years ago

I like how they have a fire starter listed under "recreation". My kind of store

http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-garden/recreation.html

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I think he means not putting all the weight on the thin bottom panel of the cabinet. Using cross members will disburse the weight to the thicker, vertical ends of the side cabinet. I agree with it, if I had one that is what I'd do.

I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood and used 3/4" square stock on the underside to make it stay put on the cart. Then I put a few guide pieces on the top so I can push the machine up a ramp and not be afraid of it falling off.

IMAG0878.jpgIMAG0878.jpg
    #77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

That makes sense but I've never heard anyone having this issue moving games, has anyone?

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from RefugeNate:

regular dish soap works fine

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

Join their email list Brian you'll get coupons shot at you every few days

Noted, thanks!

#80 10 years ago

If you have a Northern Tool near you they sell a nice 500 lb. capacity hydraulic lift cart.It is 179.00 and sometimes on sale.The good thing about it is the handle simply pulls out with no modifications unlike the Harbor Freight.When you want the handle just put it back on.Very easy.

#81 10 years ago

For anyone interested in that 4 drawer tool cart, here's an 11 drawer cart that's supposed to be on sale for Black Friday for 150.

I saw a lot of the 4 drawer ones in stock at my local store on Monday, but don't recall seeing the 11 drawer ones.

HF 11 Drawer Cart.pngHF 11 Drawer Cart.png
    #82 10 years ago

Anyone go for Black Friday? Are the hydraulic carts on sale?

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

For anyone interested in that 4 drawer tool cart, here's an 11 drawer cart that's supposed to be on sale for Black Friday for 150.
    I saw a lot of the 4 drawer ones in stock at my local store on Monday, but don't recall seeing the 11 drawer ones.

HF 11 Drawer Cart.png 127 KB

I almost bought this for pinball parts. When I actually saw it in-store, it felt extremely cheap. I sort of expected that, but it was worse than I expected. This is when it was $199, but for $149 I would probably reconsider, not sure. It was also smaller than I expected (That's what SHE said! LOL).

I picked up this instead....it is listed as a single sided storage rack, but the spacers are set up that you could put bins on both sides if you wanted to:

bin rack.jpgbin rack.jpg
    #84 10 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Thanks...I am in on this also

Is there an option for ordering this online and picking up in the store? Shipping was almost $100 for this!

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from jk2171:

Is there an option for ordering this online and picking up in the store? Shipping was almost $100 for this!

I don't think they offer that.

#86 10 years ago

Got $40 off the 500 lb Hydraulic Table Cart using Coupon Code 11051881 at checkout. Came to $119.99, then was only $6.99 for ground shipping. Can't beat that!

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I almost bought this for pinball parts. When I actually saw it in-store, it felt extremely cheap. I sort of expected that, but it was worse than I expected. This is when it was $199, but for $149 I would probably reconsider, not sure. It was also smaller than I expected (That's what SHE said! LOL).
    I picked up this instead....it is listed as a single sided storage rack, but the spacers are set up that you could put bins on both sides if you wanted to:

bin rack.jpg 27 KB

BTW, I bought the double sided one and it rocks! My wife put it together for me because she was dang tired looking at crap all over the place!

#88 10 years ago

bin rack.jpg 27 KB

I got a bunch of those waco bins when a warehouse near me was having a going out of business get rid of everything sale. My husband uses them in the garage. They are designed so they stack on each other too; we don't have ours in a rack.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sharon:

I got a bunch of those waco bins when a warehouse near me was having a going out of business get rid of everything sale. My husband uses them in the garage. They are designed so they stack on each other too; we don't have ours in a rack.

They are great, I am liking them very much. Would like to pick up some extra bins and use the other side of the rack too!

Chris

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Just saw picture upload is working again so here is the coupon:

hfcoupon.jpg 30 KB

Got it last Wednesday, Put it together Wednesday night and spent the weekend orgainzing. For Harbor Freigt this thing is well built. I need to figure out a way to override the drawer locks, I think I saw a thread somewhere where someone overided the locks so the drawers can be open even if the top isn't.

#91 10 years ago

I've been trying to think of an easier way to remove playfields from cabinets by myself. If I dismantle most of the topside, I can usually do it, but it's awkward. Same thing with dropping them back into the cab myself. If it's fully populated, I have a difficult time. I saw this shop crane in the HF ads. Anyone think this could work? The specs say the height adjusts close to eight feet. Thoughts?

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/shop-cranes/1-ton-capacity-foldable-shop-crane-69445.html

crane.jpgcrane.jpg

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I've been trying to think of an easier way to remove playfields from cabinets by myself. If I dismantle most of the topside, I can usually do it, but it's awkward. Same thing with dropping them back into the cab myself. If it's fully populated, I have a difficult time. I saw this shop crane in the HF ads. Anyone think this could work? The specs say the height adjusts close to eight feet. Thoughts?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/shop-cranes/1-ton-capacity-foldable-shop-crane-69445.html

crane.jpg 17 KB

I'm plannng to put the game on my lift cart, remove legs and lower it for hopefully easier pf removal and installation. I figure having it a little lower would help.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from alb0711:

Got it last Wednesday, Put it together Wednesday night and spent the weekend orgainzing. For Harbor Freigt this thing is well built. I need to figure out a way to override the drawer locks, I think I saw a thread somewhere where someone overided the locks so the drawers can be open even if the top isn't.

I got one, too. Post back if you figure out a good method to override the drawer locks. I haven't investigated thoroughly, but maybe the rods in back can be removed or they might have to be cut down so they aren't engaged when the top is down.

#94 10 years ago

I got one, too. Post back if you figure out a good method to override the drawer locks. I haven't investigated thoroughly, but maybe the rods in back can be removed or they might have to be cut down so they aren't engaged when the top is down.

I got one this weekend, as well, and got it fully stocked. I am planning on just cutting the two rods in back so that they are not engaged when the top is down.

#95 10 years ago

I modified mine to override the drawer locks. It wasn't very elegant. First I just removed the posts. This doesn't work because the locking mechanism has to be held up, or they lock the drawers. That's how it works, the springs push the posts up when the top is open, lifting the lock, and allowing the drawers to open. Without the post/springs, gravity just puts the locks down. So I basically just lifted the locks manually, screwed a long plate to them with a bolt so that it holds the lock up. It works fine, but looks stupid. Who cares though, it's the inside of a fracking tool cart.

If I could go back in time, I would have just cut them with my dremel.

#96 10 years ago

I just came across this magnetic wrist band. It's nerdy and, at least in theory, seems practical at the same time... and I want one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/magnetic-wrist-band-96533.html

#97 10 years ago

I'm plannng to put the game on my lift cart, remove legs and lower it for hopefully easier pf removal and installation. I figure having it a little lower would help.

If I have the head off, I'll take off the back legs to lower the cab at an angle, and then I can stand behind the cab to make it easier. A fully populated playfield is still heavy and awkward, even with the cab lower, so I was hoping this shop crane would make it easier. I also rarely have the head off when I'm removing or replacing the pf. If I get a nice gift card for Christmas, I might give it a try.

#98 10 years ago

Not Harbor Freight, but I love these tilt storage racks from Global Industrial

http://www.globalindustrial.com/searchResult?ref=h%2Fsearch&q=tilt+out+storage+bin

#99 10 years ago

They are great, I am liking them very much. Would like to pick up some extra bins and use the other side of the rack too!
    Chris

Chris, I saw some extra bins here: http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/storage/bins-totes-containers/stacking-bins/premium-stacking-bins

5 years later
    #100 4 years ago

Oops

1EC6AAB9-CCAF-468F-9B49-791FD3E846C3 (resized).jpeg1EC6AAB9-CCAF-468F-9B49-791FD3E846C3 (resized).jpeg
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harbor-freight-pinball-shopping-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.