2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lamprey
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I've noticed that my harbor freight lift tank I use to move my pins slowly sinks. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've checked the release cable, it doesn't seem to be causing any tension.

#2 2 years ago

As with any hydraulic jack, the inner seals can give way and thus not hold pressure anymore.

#3 2 years ago

Mine never held correctly. There's a valve you can tighten but it only slowed the bleeding.

#4 2 years ago

Mine also would drift down
    I took it back and got a new one
    The new one also drifts down but it
    Takes a day or two compared to a couple of hours on the first

#5 2 years ago

Mine does the same, instructions say to bleed the system, haven't had time to do it.

#6 2 years ago

I had this problem with mine after about 5 years of heavy use.

Turned out to be an issue with the handbrake lever line that you press to lower the table. I don't remember how I fixed it but it was easy. Something was loose. So follow that whole line from handbrake to hydraulic and see.

Another 7-8 years of heavy use since then and no problems. Except I need to replace the wheels.

#7 2 years ago

This has had the problem from the moment I got it this past summer. The odd part is that sometimes it seems like the problem goes away, then it returns.

Does anyone know how to bleed it?

#8 2 years ago

Having same issue myself would love to know the fix I'm on my second one

#9 2 years ago

The way I bleed any hydraulic jack is to hold the release while pushing down on the jack lever, then let go of the release before letting up on the up lever. A few times of doing this is enough to get any air out.

#10 2 years ago

The reason it won't hold is because there is air in the system. There are instructions in the manual and on the side of the jack on how to bleed it. Basically, extend the Jack to its full open position, remove the red plug, slowly lower the Jack half way, add hydraulic fluid so that its full, put plug back on.

#11 2 years ago

It's from Harbor Freight, you are surprised?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The reason it won't hold is because there is air in the system. There are instructions in the manual and on the side of the jack on how to bleed it. Basically, extend the Jack to its full open position, remove the red plug, slowly lower the Jack half way, add hydraulic fluid so that its full, put plug back on.

My instructions that came with the table were a folded piece of paper that made reference to bleeding the system, but with no specific instructions (at least in English). Do you know how they deal with the fact that if you raise it fully, then lower it half way, it's sinking on you while you pop the red plug? Sounds like a cat juggling procedure.

#14 2 years ago

There is a locking rail on it if you need to hold it up. It has a couple of notches on it for different heights.

#15 2 years ago

Ok, I ordered some hydraulic fluid and we'll get this guy fixed. Do I need a pump or special funnel to get it in, or just pour?

#16 2 years ago

Uhhh...so you didn't bother checking the handbrake lever line? It could just be that. Happened to me. Exact same issue and had nothing to do with hydraulic fluid.

#17 2 years ago

I have the same issue! Hopefully I can get it fixed following these instructions

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Uhhh...so you didn't bother checking the handbrake lever line? It could just be that. Happened to me. Exact same issue and had nothing to do with hydraulic fluid.

My conections are all tight. Its an air issue. Either that or its just junk, which may be the case since its harbor freight.

#19 2 years ago

I checked my cable, it's not too tight.

#20 2 years ago

Mine does the same. I find that if I pump it up again, it holds.

1 week later
    #21 2 years ago

The lift is very finicky. If it's slowly lowering, then it's probably air. Follow the bleed instructions and, hopefully, it'll work.

I have a weird scenario with mine where I can't lift anything unless the handle is in the right position (I modified mine), but it doesn't make any sense at all as there is no tension on the release leaver line/cable. *shrug*

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 28.00
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 18.99
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside