Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by silver_spinner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201031_123735 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I was thinking about getting the 500 lb version but now there's a great sale on the 1000 lb....

20201031_123735 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Does that cart slide between the front legs ? Think that’s the bigger of the 2 carts harbor freight offers. The smaller one is good for up to 500 lbs I think and slides between the legs for pulling pin out of a line up.

#3 1 year ago

1000lb is a lot heavier than the 500lb cart, and gives no additional benefits. I'd still buy the 500lb cart.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

1000lb is a lot heavier than the 500lb cart, and gives no additional benefits. I'd still buy the 500lb cart.

It’s referring to the load capacity lol

#5 1 year ago

Keep in mind the larger lift table weighs 161 lbs (I looked it up). Even the 500 lbs lift table is a bit of a porker at 88 lbs. I have the smaller one, and it's fine.

#6 1 year ago

It's heavy.

#7 1 year ago

Needs bigger wheels.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

Does that cart slide between the front legs ? Think that’s the bigger of the 2 carts harbor freight offers. The smaller one is good for up to 500 lbs I think and slides between the legs for pulling pin out of a line up.

Yes I have the 1000lb lift and it fits between the legs. Larger lift surface and larger wheels is more stable when rolling around with a pin on it. I store it under a pin. I modified mine so the handle can fold either forward or backward yet I can still lock it upright if I want. Folding it backward (away from the lift surface) is helpful to get the table further under a pin from the front to lift it balanced.

#10 1 year ago

I have the 500 lb and love it. When I purchased it I thought I might as well get the 1000 lb since I'm spending the money, but I'm glad I didn't. The 500lb is solid, stable, and easy to maneuver, handles pins and sometimes I use to move furniture, does both with ease. When I occasionally lift it up for instance to put in my car and take it somewhere, I'm very glad I didn't get the 1000 lb because the 500lb is heavy and I don't think I'd be able to easily take the 1000lb and load it in my car. The 500lb let's me do everything by myself, as opposed to needing someone if I want to take it somewhere.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

It’s not true - lifts games much higher which indeed may be a significant benefit. Makes it much easier for a game to clear power cords, cables, surge protectors, and random shit under games. I have a similar cart (different brand) and it’s made life a lot easier for me.

Your mileage may vary of course, depending on your shop situation.

The added weight does make it impractical for road trips etc, it’s for the shop only.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from pfinny:

I got the 1000 lbs cart and it fits between the front legs on most of my games but not all of them. (one) The cart bed is 19 & 10/16 wide if you want to measure. Keep in mind many game legs angle inward from the floor to the cabinet bottom and the gap difference between top and bottom can be considerable. Fully lowered the bed is 11 inches tall so measure appropriately. Once you're past the front legs it doesn't make any difference obviously.

I also have my games on carpet sliders and the one machine I can't go through the front legs with, I slide the game out and roll the truck in from the side to lift and move. Easy to do.

Quoted from cconway84:

Larger lift surface and larger wheels is more stable when rolling around with a pin on it. I store it under a pin.

I agree with this and it was my reason for going with the larger one.

Also, I have not checked nor do I have any data but I *think*, **I'm pretty sure**, the 1000 lbs one will lift the game higher off the floor for rolling up to a truck bed or back of a car to slide the machine in. The larger wheels alone would make a difference but I'm betting the bed goes higher too.

#13 1 year ago

That is the one I have. It works well for me. I put some 45 degree elbows on the handle.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmstruth:

It’s referring to the load capacity lol

Obviously.

The weight of the cart itself is a lot more for the 1000lb vs the 500lb.

#15 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table?tu=cconway84#op

My post number #671 in the modified harbor freight lift table thread shows the process pretty well. Only spent $7 to modify it and it doesn’t lose any functionality it came with. Lets the handle fold forward or backward to fit further under a pin while lifting it from the front. Doesn’t make you leave the handle fixed in one position like using 45 degree elbows.

I have 10 games all cgc or 90s Bally Williams. The 1000lb lift fits between all front legs easily as long as the table is lowered. Higher up the legs taper toward the body and it won’t fit.

Deck is 11” from floor fully lowered and 36” raised all the way up. Maybe someone with a 500lb lift could measure their heights.

#16 1 year ago

the 1000lb one goes much higher, for a truck bed its perfect.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside