Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tacshose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    IMG_20160416_184420_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_4433_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
    IMG_4431_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    f8587816e162451ef9c74e9919b5ec8ab2a524be_(resized).jpg
    1c7fdfbda0b36a6bf9513d0a069f3cf78d54fcd2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I've only had a problem one time when the bottom was already falling out of a game. Other than that, I haven't had an issue.

I've also seen folks use two 2x4's, and even make a wooden adapter so that the adapter fits on the lift and the pin sits on the side walls of the cabinet, rather than the plywood on the bottom.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

I have moved many games for shows and at my home. At home I use the 500 pound cart, I have a small rug on top of the cart to help prevent any chance of scratching but I have never had any issue with the plywood giving out and I have moved games from front yard to back yard. If the games cabinet is in decent shape I see no problem with using the cart.

I usually use a large flattened moving box. I get them at home depot.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any chance the pin is less stable or unbalanced by entering from the sides?

I never lift the pin perpendicular to the cart. However, I imagine it would be fine as long as it's balanced and you don't try to move the pin/cart around too much. But, that method wouldn't be my first choice for lifting up a pin.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

What is a moving box?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-18-in-x-18-in-x-24-in-65-lb-Large-Box-1001006/202029359

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Please tell me if this would be OK: Cut a couple of 2x4 or 2x6's, lay them across the cart and pick up the machine and having the 2x6's lift the pin from the sides?

Honestly, I haven't found the 2x4's to be necessary unless the bottom of the game is already compromised in some way.

#25 8 years ago

I slide the cart under the game and lift it up a couple inches. If it's too woobly, it hasn't hit the balance point, so I lower the cart and re-position as needed. Usually, the cart has to go a little past the middle of the cabinet towards the rear since the back end is heavier than the front.

If I'm dragging the game out of my vehicle, the cardboard helps eliminate friction and helps bridge the small gap between the cart and the vehicle.

f8587816e162451ef9c74e9919b5ec8ab2a524be_(resized).jpgf8587816e162451ef9c74e9919b5ec8ab2a524be_(resized).jpg

1c7fdfbda0b36a6bf9513d0a069f3cf78d54fcd2_(resized).jpg1c7fdfbda0b36a6bf9513d0a069f3cf78d54fcd2_(resized).jpg

#29 8 years ago

Keep in mind that the handle will need to be modified in order for it to fit under a pin. lb1 linked to the thread with different ideas.

I haven't strapped down my pins when moving them on the cart, but it seems like a good idea.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from sadler28:

I spent the extra money for the 1000 lb table. It gives a larger plate for the pin to sit on. I come in angled from the side to have as much surface area of the lift table plate touching the underside of the cab. I have it go all the way to the sides. I also lay a moving blanket on the lift table plate to prevent scratches. Finding the balance point toward the back box of the machine is important.
    I'm probably over cautious and of course it costs more money, but gives me peace of mind

Keep in mind that the 1000lb table weighs a bit more than the 500lb table.

I put my 500lb table in my vehicle all the time. It weighs about 100lbs, so I can pick it up off the ground without too much trouble. The 1000lb lift cart weighs 160lbs.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

I thought about cutting the handle down but I also need this cart to move stuff around the house and cutting the handle is not a good idea I guess. My plan is to just lay the handle on the ground while I change the legs. If I ever have to move a pin then I will have to figure it out or just cut the handle down a bit. Thanks!

I used the flag pole hinge method. There are also various hinge and angled methods you can use. I wouldn't recommend cutting the handle down, since you then would not be able to reach it while the pin was on the cart.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

All very valid points! Will definately try the flag pole method. For now I will just lay the handle on the ground.
    Just to make absolutely sure: What would classify an underside/belly of a pin to be "compromised"? I mean this Diner machine is very old but I sort of gave the underside a few whacks with my hand and it feels sturdy. But have no idea how it will behave once I put all that weight on it. I imagine it will hold just fine. Will lift little by little and make sure I don't hear any cracks on the wood. If I do I will set it back down immediately.

Basically, if the bottom panel is rotten, if the bottom is falling out, or the cabinet is coming apart.

I've only picked up one game so far where the bottom panel was significantly compromised in some way--either because of dampness or direct water damage.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The only issue I had is my wheels got flat spots in them, I ASSume from sitting around for awhile without being used. Nothing heavy was stored on top of it during this time; which is very confusing. No one else has had this problem so probably nothing to worry aboot.

I have a couple of flat spots on the wheels from being dragged while the the wheel locks were on

They still work fine, though.

#60 8 years ago

You may want to start a separate thread in one of the technical forums for troubleshooting issues with your game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harbor-freight-hydraulic-cart-question?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.