(Topic ID: 273474)

Harbor Freight 1000 lb Hydrolic Table Cart - Anyone Have 1?

By scampcamp

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200720-164726_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I've seen some really good reviews on this cart on YouTube.

Do you have 1 & have you used it for pinball projects?

I am wondering how it would be for removing a machine from back of truck. Would the cart tip from being too top heavy?

Screenshot_20200720-164726_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200720-164726_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Quite common...the 500 works great too. Hold on et me find the thread

Here you go

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

AS for your unloading, easier to just drop the game to the ground, then drop it on the cart.

#3 3 years ago

Best money I ever spent. super useful for a lot of stuff. If you can find one with foot controls instead of that hand lever they are a little bit easier to use but many here have modified that lever so you can put the game on it so the handle doesn’t get in the way.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

Best money I ever spent. super useful for a lot of stuff. If you can find one with foot controls instead of that hand lever they are a little bit easier to use but many here have modified that lever so you can put the game on it so the handle doesn’t get in the way.

I'll second "best money I have ever spent" - I use mine just about everyday. I bought it like 12 years ago when we first got into the hobby and I wouldn't go a day without owning one now that I have had one. I also owned a 500 pound but didn't like that nearly as well.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I'll second "best money I have ever spent" - I use mine just about everyday. I bought it like 12 years ago when we first got into the hobby and I wouldn't go a day without owning one now that I have had one. I also owned a 500 pound but didn't like that nearly as well.

I have had the 500lb one (modified) for years, love it. (Awesome with slot machines, pins, tool boxes, trench diggers, etc, etc)

Curious, other than being able to handle more weight, why have you found the 1k lift preferable to the 500lb lift?

#6 3 years ago

Just know that the 1000lb version weighs ~180lbs, not so easy to load into a car or truck. The 500lb version weighs around 80lbs, much easier to lift into a vehicle.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jahkub:

Just know that the 1000lb version weighs ~180lbs, not so easy to load into a car or truck. The 500lb version weighs around 80lbs, much easier to lift into a vehicle.

F that then, sticking with my 500lb. I lug it between the garage and basement depending on needs.

#8 3 years ago

ALL the HF coupons all the time:
    http://www.hfqpdb.com/browse

Current %off is 20 in the gallery
    then grab the magnetic tray as the freebie!
    edit :Crap! Most of the free crap is now 'less then a $1 coupons -- so 0.63 for one.

#9 3 years ago

I have 1 of the 1000 pound . OK for wide body or any pin with side access . Also 3 of the 500 pound model. Got tired shifting the cart between floors in my home . Nice trick if you have threshold is have one cart inside and outside so you dont have to " jump " the threshold . Good product .
    Save your back and buy one . Shane

#10 3 years ago

I like this guys tool reviews & he had good reasons to go for the 1000 lb instead of the 500 lb.

Watch "#1 Tool You Need That You Don't Already Own!" on YouTube

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

I have had the 500lb one (modified) for years, love it. (Awesome with slot machines, pins, tool boxes, trench diggers, etc, etc)
    Curious, other than being able to handle more weight, why have you found the 1k lift preferable to the 500lb lift?

With the 1000 pound one you don't need to "modify" the handle to move "normal machines" but some of the Gottlieb system 80 machines that are 6" longer than normal need a little "support" (pushing down on coin door end) if loading with the head off the jack. If lifting those from the rear it works just fine!

I use mine for all kinds of stuff - not just pinball - and prefer the "more solid feel" of the 1000 pound cart. HOWEVER if you are trying to move it from area to area (or load it into a vehicle) the 500 pound one is more logical for sure.

The only "bad" thing about the 1000 pound cart is sometimes you need to loosen the bolts on the legs to get the cart under. Not much but sometimes the platform on the cart is just a little wider than the space between the legs on a machine with leg bolts tight.

#12 3 years ago

As an owner of the 1000lb. one, I'd agree, go for the 500lb. if you're going to be transporting it a lot. The bigger one is 2/3rds the weight of most pins on its own. If it doesn't have to come off the ground though, it's brilliant for moving pins around or adjusting level/pitch without having to use your back.

#13 3 years ago

I have the 500lb version. No pin I move is going to exceed that. The 80-100lbs that it weighs is manageable. I transport the cart a lot, so I really didn't want to be loading or unloading a 180lbs cart in my vehicle. That's just too heavy and too much of a pain.

#14 3 years ago

I have a 500. My experience is mixed.... had a game, while lifted, rapidly collapse.

Harbor Freight is middling quality, so not entirely surprised.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I have a 500. My experience is mixed.... had a game, while lifted, rapidly collapse.
    Harbor Freight is middling quality, so not entirely surprised.

I just bought the 500lb a few months ago to move a AFM LE I just bought. It worked good, other than the mod I need to do. It operates on hydraulics, so I would think if it collapsed, it would still do so relatively safely? Was the game you moved pushing the 500 mark? A little scary. I'm starting to question my purchase.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from shavenyak:

I just bought the 500lb a few months ago to move a AFM LE I just bought. It worked good, other than the mod I need to do. It operates on hydraulics, so I would think if it collapsed, it would still do so relatively safely? Was the game you moved pushing the 500 mark? A little scary. I'm starting to question my purchase.

I've had mine for 20 years. Moved and used it to setup Hundreds of games and never an issue. No tool or product is 100% guaranteed perfect no matter where you buy it. This one was my best investment in pinball collecting bar none!

#17 3 years ago

My 1000 works great

#18 3 years ago

The only thing bad ever happened with mine is somehow, the wheels got some flat spots on them. I have no idea how, and I didn;t leave any weight on it for an extended time. Anyway, not a huge deal, just doesn;t roll 100% smooth.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from shavenyak:

I believe it was an F14. It was a while ago, so I can't remember all of the circumstances. But, I believe I bled the hydraulic system. I haven't had it happen since, BUT if I leave a game sitting elevated on the cart, it will slowly sink to the ground over a period of hours.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The only thing bad ever happened with mine is somehow, the wheels got some flat spots on them. I have no idea how, and I didn;t leave any weight on it for an extended time. Anyway, not a huge deal, just doesn;t roll 100% smooth.

If you locked the wheels at some point and and started dragging the cart before unlocking the wheels, that can wear a flat spot. Happened on mine, but it wasn't severe.

1 month later
    #21 3 years ago

I just received the 1000 lbs cart. Does it work without modification? Seems like you couldn’t get far enough under the machine but maybe so. I’m really struggling with it as I did try to remount the handle at an angle (using the holes for mount for the folding mechanism), but then the hydraulic lift stops working. Very oddly the handle has to be vertical, and I don’t think it’s related to the slack on the release cable. I did not bleed the hydraulics maybe that’s it, but strange to me. I got tired of messing with it and put it away but would love any thoughts related to the describe scenario. So the orientation of the handle matter for the hydraulic lift?

#22 3 years ago

Also have the 1000 lb one. Works great on hard level floor. Not so great if rough floor or carpet. As others noted also very heavy. Almost harder to get into my suv then a pinball machine due to weight. I got the larger one to also move pool tables and other stuff at arcade, but for personal use a lighter one might be better. Works great to get machines into SUV. Sometimes truck beds are a bit too high, but you can get it close and just lift and slide in.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Does it work without modification?

Yes it works fine stock; Little tight of area for the handbrake but it's fine. Use it on poured concrete and over a transition to carpet with games just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/harbor-freight-1000-lb-hydrolic-table-cart-anyone-have-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.