(Topic ID: 106368)

Happy wife......no, they really do exist !!

By pinball_erie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Fliptastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bad-santa-pinball-o.gif
image-573.jpg
image-177.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Can't believe she was dying for us to buy this !!!
Simage-573.jpgimage-573.jpgimage-177.jpgimage-177.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Congratulations. For many things.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Congrats.... ...hi score time...........Joey

#4 9 years ago

my wife loves the walking dead. She would like for me to get one, but same would be said for Tron and ST as well. SHe doesn't get a say so of my valuable pin space until she plays more than once a month.

#5 9 years ago

Congrats, I am still trying to get my wife to that point. Walking Dead may be the gateway drug for mine. My wife has made many comments about it after seeing the commercials for it

#6 9 years ago

I was working on my pin and had a target bank out of the machine with the playfield up. Last night she came downstairs, on her own I might add, to play it and was actually disappointed that she couldn't play. Needless to say I put it back together quick and we played a few games but I was surprised.

She want's a metallica, I hope to get one someday.

#7 9 years ago

My wife wasn't about pinball until she played an IM when we were picking up a LOTR. Then it wasnt 2 weeks and we ordered one. She loves it and brags about it to everyone that comes over. I'm glad she is into it so much, and on top of that I think it helped me get the Metallica I have been wanting.

#8 9 years ago

My wife really wanted a High Speed as she played it in her youth.
I really got the third degree when I brought home a Checkpoint from a local auction.
Now that it's up and running she keeps wanting to play Checkpoint while High Speed is the backup game as it doesn't auto launch your ball if you leave it for a while.

She's happy, She didn't think she would be, but she's happy none the less.

#9 9 years ago

Lucky man! Now you need to show her the add-ons (topper, blades, armor, shooter rod). Women love to accessorize!!

#11 9 years ago

I can't figure out if I'd get kissed or killed if I surprised my wife with a TWD.

Not a chance I'm willing to take.

I think it's awesome that so many couples/ families seem to be into this. We used to play Tomb Raider as a family when out daughter was young...just passing the controller around and cutting up.

Good stuff.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Can't believe she was dying for us to buy this !!!
S

That's cool, my wife gets excited for new game room purchases too.

#13 9 years ago

My wife's happy.......just not about pinball.

#14 9 years ago

I'm happier than my husband is about pinball... too happy!! I'm the reason we have TWD...

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

I'm happier than my husband is about pinball... too happy!! I'm the reason we have TWD...

You are what they refer to as a 'keeper'. LOL

#16 9 years ago

congrats on the Pin, but more so on having a cool wife.

I am bringing the wife to Expo on Friday. She's cool with the games and enjoys seeing the art, etc. She's not a very good player but I hope to help her with that as time goes by.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

congrats on the Pin, but more so on having a cool wife.
I am bringing the wife to Expo on Friday. She's cool with the games and enjoys seeing the art, etc. She's not a very good player but I hope to help her with that as time goes by.

I find that standing behind her and helping with the flippers is a good way to teach your wife to play pinball.

Not a great way for her to learn pinball though, but that's not really the point.

#18 9 years ago

and giving her some Bad Santa treatment?

bad-santa-pinball-o.gifbad-santa-pinball-o.gif
#19 9 years ago

My wife had never seen a pinball until she met me. ( she is from Dominican Republic) which I am sure is not the pinball capitol of the world. She loves playing all of the games.

#20 9 years ago

So glad to see more ladies getting into the hobby.
Congratulations!

#21 9 years ago

My wife joined me for our 1st expo! Great time.

#22 9 years ago

My wife is always happy, and so am I. She isn't in to pinball like I am, even though she will occasionally play. I always try to make sure she gets something fun that she wants (coach bag, etc..) when I blow some cash on pinball.

#23 9 years ago

Caught the wife playing the pin twice over the weekend, by herself. I think she might be getting the bug.

I told her not to get discouraged, that BK2K is a hard game to learn on, especially with the worn flippers I have and she said that's ok, it will make other games seem easier.

#24 9 years ago

My wife was a party machine this past weekend at Expo. She may have played more than I did...

#25 9 years ago

congrats. always nice to have the other half be interested in the same hobby

#26 9 years ago

congrats, it sure does make it a lot easier to get a new pin when they are on board with it

#27 9 years ago

My wife has no interest in pinball at all. However, she loves sports as much or more than I do. Can't have it all, I suppose.

Congrats on TWD erie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-wifeno-they-really-do-exist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.