(Topic ID: 334783)

Happy Wife Happy Life ???

By Jamesays

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    20230412_065834 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-12-09-18-13-737-edit_com.facebook.katana (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221019-165257_Messenger (resized).jpg
    20211106_153310 (resized).jpg
    29BA5666-168B-49C9-8076-9942B77226BE (resized).jpeg
    E13E173E-D0B3-4285-AF7C-C6714B9969D0 (resized).jpeg
    There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago

I always thought the trick was to start out with a happy woman, and be happy or at least content/at peace with yourself.
    My wife is a comedian, and she's the one who got me back into pinball, our first date was Musee mechanique, she introduced me to her friends who own a pinball museum and doesn't blink when a new game shows up.
    I do remember overhearing a wife at a tournament say
    " Winning at pinball equals losing at life", musta been one of your guys ex's.
    B

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I get how some wives get concerned financially or are worried about games taking over multiple rooms of a house but have seen some poor bastards that aren't even allowed to have a few in the garage. It's all about control with some succubus's, glad to have a wife that is cool with my addiction.

Give the wife some hush money!!! She will be just fine!!!

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigearl:

Give the wife some hush money!!! She will be just fine!!!

You think so?

#204 1 year ago

When your wife never has to ask you to do anything because you already do what needs done, many times before anyone else even realized it needed done... When you help cook and clean, or run the kids to sports or appointments and do many other things some dudes think isn't their job... When you treat other women, children and people with respect, give to charity, and support your local community... When you stand up for your family and values and defend them whenever necessary by any and all means... When you let your wife collect her bonus before you collect yours... When you do all of that and don't let yourself feel any burden in doing so since it's all the right things to do anyway... Then you tend to have a happy wife and happy life.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My guess would be he's asking how you'd feel if someone was talking about your mom, sister, daughter etc. and said "I'm renting it to fuck."

Well we all got here somehow. If you have watched the news lately women are being marginalized by biological males and conversion conversations happening by the state as early as elementary school trying to inflict reproductive harm without parental consent to the age of 18. I am more concerned by this than who my mom/sister/daughter decides to date. Might be me but I am focused on preserving this norm vs. the promiscuity double standard of the past.

#206 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #207 1 year ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Then you tend to have a happy wife and happy life.

You haven't met my ex. Except for the kids part, we didn't have any. I did all of the above and more. Call her out of the blue to let her know she was loved. Made sure her car always had gas, and checked tires and fluids, leave a love note or rose on the dash. Always surprised her with notes, flowers, and gifts, for no special occasion. Didn't matter.

One lady on a Renaissance Festival forum told me don't think of it as wasted effort. Think of it as practice for when the right one comes along.

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Like I need another one of them.

LTG : )

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You haven't met my ex. Except for the kids part, we didn't have any. I did all of the above and more. Call her out of the blue to let her know she was loved. Made sure her car always had gas, and checked tires and fluids, leave a love note or rose on the dash. Always surprised her with notes, flowers, and gifts, for no special occasion. Didn't matter.

Nice guys finish last!

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice guys finish last!

I had a women tell me that once. She said my problem was that I was a nice guy. And nice guys finish last.

I told her yes. But we finish. You are going to die alone.

Funny thing, she never talked to me anymore.

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You haven't met my ex. Except for the kids part, we didn't have any. I did all of the above and more.

Well, I have been with those types. And with those types, I don’t think you can be held accountable for someone else who refuses to be happy or decent. Some women are toxic too, it’s not always the dudes. Not everyone is marriage material. Sometimes certain people never will be.

Unfortunately it can cost quite a bit learning the hard way or being blindsided by love or lust. Been there too. Maybe after a few bad rounds people change their ways or change what they are looking for in someone. I know of a few love at first sight, happily ever after stories but they’re far outnumbered by all the war stories I’ve heard.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Not everyone is marriage material. .

This would be my takeaway from this thread.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Well we all got here somehow. If you have watched the news lately women are being marginalized by biological males and conversion conversations happening by the state as early as elementary school trying to inflict reproductive harm without parental consent to the age of 18. I am more concerned by this than who my mom/sister/daughter decides to date. Might be me but I am focused on preserving this norm vs. the promiscuity double standard of the past.

Holy cow dude, you’re pretty deep down the rabbit hole with this.

#213 1 year ago

Lighten it up meme

#214 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

One lady on a Renaissance Festival forum told me don't think of it as wasted effort. Think of it as practice for when the right one comes along.
    Yeah, I'll get right on that. Like I need another one of them.

Sounds like the JJP situation

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Sounds like the JJP situation

Now that's funny.

And so similar. Neither divorce cost me anymore. At least the ex had the balls to tell me to my face, not send me an email.

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Oh man, that’s the only thing that makes me mad. When she says “I’ll just hire someone to fix it” and she hasn’t given me more than a few days to look at it myself. There’s almost nothing I won’t do myself, except painting.

So the 'Pro' shows up, costs an arm and leg, didn't really fix the problem or does a crappy repair. Then you end up repairing anyways.

#217 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We really have chased away every single female from Pinside.
    There was uh nerdy girl…blonde tall…that Wu lady….

Wouldn’t be too concerned.
    If I remember correctly Wu lady seemed more interested in Bond girls and Porsches.

#218 1 year ago

Just use common sense. I buy what I want, as does she. If I want to go out, I do, as does she. And she is the reason we still have a full basement arcade...as I wanted to sell almost everything, and basically get out of the hobby and she said no....

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Wouldn’t be too concerned.
    If I remember correctly Wu lady seemed more interested in Bond girls and Porsches.

She did blaze in like a comet and then disappeared just as quickly.

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thats the way I usually prefer things

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If only if it was that easy.

#222 1 year ago

My anniversary present, she gets me!

20230412_065834 (resized).jpg20230412_065834 (resized).jpg
    #223 1 year ago
    Quoted from HB_GAMER:

If it flys, floats or fucks, rent it.

I believe the complete saying is: If it flys, floats, fucks or has wheels; rent it....

#224 1 year ago

Why are all my hobbies such a sausage fest? This is why I’m single.

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Why are all my hobbies such a sausage fest? This is why I’m single.

You could always take up knitting.

#226 1 year ago

Wow, this thread is depressing.

I've been on both sides of a marriage, one I thought would surely end in divorce, and one that I hope lasts forever. It's to the same woman. I can also say that there have been several other men in my situation. Anxiety medication is the key difference.

My wife was non-stop with the "this and that". Everything had to be just so, and I never did enough this, and I always do too much that, etc. It was a nightmare. I read books, did all the little things, worked hard to give her compliments and gifts and whatever else. Nothing worked. We fought every day, several times per day. I wanted out.

Then she got on anxiety medication. It's been marital bliss ever since. Not one single argument in 7 years.

Did you read that line?

We went from several arguments per day, to NOT A SINGLE ONE IN SEVEN YEARS!

It's been awesome. I love it. Best marriage ever thanks to the anxiety meds. Problems aren't us vs each other, it's us versus the problem. We are teammates. And now we're teammates in pinball! Wooo!

Anyway, my story. Happy wife, happy life? Pre-anxiety meds I would agree. Post-anxiety meds I would say there's room for everyone to be happy.

#227 1 year ago

Miracle Drug ,Valium ?

#228 1 year ago

Where's Rachel Ristow? Wish she would see this thread and go ballistic on all you women bashers.

#229 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

You haven’t chased all of us off but there’s really not much for me to comment on here. I have a strong partnership with my husband, yours/mine/ours finances so we don’t have to ask each other permission to pursue our hobbies, and a lot of trust we’ve built up in our relationship over the years so we can calmly talk through disagreements when any arise. Bonus is that he doesn’t even complain when I ask him to help me move my pins. But not sure what’s even helpful to say to anyone who settles for less but then wants to complain about it, (regardless of gender).

^^This right here!!^^ We've been married 38 years! It only took me a couple years to convince him to get rid of the dinning room furniture to make it the system 11 room!

Phoebe

#230 1 year ago

My wife gets however many Kelly and Birkin bags she wants, no cap.
    And I buy whatever I want.

I got married a bit later in life because I did not want money to be an issue.

#231 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Miracle Drug ,Valium ?

No. She told me what it was before but I can't remember. I'm sure any will do.

Literally all her friends are on anti-anxiety meds too. Miracle worker for sure.

#232 1 year ago
    #233 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

No. She told me what it was before but I can't remember. I'm sure any will do.
    Literally all her friends are on anti-anxiety meds too. Miracle worker for sure.

I have read somewhere that 20% of all women are on some sort of medication for anxiety/depression or anger management.
    That is a scary statistic…… it means 80% are running around untreated.

#234 1 year ago

Phoebe, you are the bomb. Larry and you make a great couple, but you’re two years behind me. I’m still trying to convert our dining room. Howie

#235 1 year ago
    #236 1 year ago

A year ago my wife told me I should have bought a real pin over a full size virtual pinball machine. I didn’t listen. The vpin has now been sold and she told me “you should have listened to me”. Yup lol, now time to buy a Cactus Canton SE or Godzilla Premium.

There are 236 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-wife-happy-life-/page/5?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.