Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230507_094727 (resized).jpg
    DSC_3427 (resized).JPG
    DSC_3426 (resized).JPG
    _20230501_190210 (resized).JPG
    358B7ED8-FD41-4DAC-8320-5E0F8DDA515A (resized).jpeg
    future-value-calculator.pdf (PDF preview)
    Erphck9VgAAkfp_ (resized).jpeg
    20C76ACB-794C-483E-8AEC-8C7674040AD2.gif
    43A142D1-921C-4F00-B072-85099F20EF40 (resized).jpeg
    inflation (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111-201242.png
    Screenshot_20230106_143714_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Call the ambulance.jpg
    19A2BA1F-9011-45FF-845C-E03228DED132 (resized).png
    11D7B09B-06C7-412B-BD16-F11883E2BA0F (resized).png
    C9A4F4E4-B0DE-48E1-BD1C-93EF52C355D8 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 1 year ago

CC SE still a bargain.

TS4 CE $15K no thanks.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Who is buying games at these prices? I don't understand it. Everyone I know outside of my pinball life thought I was insane paying the prices 5 years ago. Now I think these prices are beyond absurd. I'd love to know who these noobs are that are buying these things.

What gets me is those people who think they can flip a Bond LE for $17k. I’m like no, I passed on it for msrp so I’m certainly not paying $2-3k markup.

Stern and JJP got greedy thinking they could sell a CE for dumb money. Counting on fomo and flippers.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As usual the cargument doesn’t hold water, since cars and pinball machines are different things in almost every single way.
    A Godzilla pinball machine built in 2021 and Sitting in a box is literally the exact same game as a Godzilla built in 2023. Why should one be cheaper than the other?
    If there are still some old “2020s” sitting “on the lot” without insider connected, you’d have a case. But why would you expect a discount on anything since? Exactly the same product in every way.

Exactly.

#99 1 year ago

I think the scarcity of new pins last year caused the huo pins to surpass the price of nib pins. So the manufacturers responded with higher nib prices. Once new pin supply catches up the resale price will go under new prices.

#113 1 year ago

I’d rather they had put something in the premium such as side armor (ST premium had it) and maybe a shaker for the extra price increase.

It’s like Pachino in that movie ‘Dog Day Afternoon’

He said:

“Kiss me, because when I’m being Fucked I like to be kissed”

#152 1 year ago

Beatles Diamond.

19A2BA1F-9011-45FF-845C-E03228DED132 (resized).png19A2BA1F-9011-45FF-845C-E03228DED132 (resized).png

1 week later
    #173 1 year ago

I just bought one doughnut at Dunkin it was $1.75 with tax I almost fell over. I mean can we not?

I wanted a breakfast sandwich but that’s over $5

#209 1 year ago

Got to play a lot of pins today, to see what *I* like and compare to what’s available.

Played James Bond premium, didn’t really understand the rules but just wasn’t a satisfying shooter for me, the pops felt cramped, the upper left drop targets and missile wasn’t great for me. I guess I’ll give it a miss, maybe it can be saved by code idk.

Didn’t really care for Rush LE

I have both Elvira and CC SE+ on order playing both today I’m satisfied as my choices.

Elvira is a code monster and super easy shooter.

CC SE+ super fun shooter and simple but fun rules. This is not my favorite pin ever but at these prices seems like a super bargain.

When I get a topper for Elvira, to compare with the CC SE+ (with topper). I would say those are both pins with outstanding toppers. Elvira will set me back a full $2K more than the CC SE+.

Played Fathom for the first time ever and I have a Haggis on order. I was a little underwhelmed but the pin was 40 years old or whatever and it didn’t shoot all that great and it was set very shallow and feels floaty. But I can see the potential and fun there and hopefully having a new pin might make it shoot a bit snappier.

2 months later
    #239 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

It's a nice idea. Now ask yourself what's your favorite modern non-licensed pin. If it takes you awhile to answer that, that tells you something.
    I don't know how much licensing costs, but it's likely not cheap. But theme alone sells a lot of pins, and that's hard to overcome. Buttery smooth Dialed In could have been a blockbuster with the right license. Instead, it's "that weird cell phone game".

Here’s my 2 favorite newer non licensed pins.
    358B7ED8-FD41-4DAC-8320-5E0F8DDA515A (resized).jpeg358B7ED8-FD41-4DAC-8320-5E0F8DDA515A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-price-increase?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.