Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230507_094727 (resized).jpg
    DSC_3427 (resized).JPG
    DSC_3426 (resized).JPG
    _20230501_190210 (resized).JPG
    358B7ED8-FD41-4DAC-8320-5E0F8DDA515A (resized).jpeg
    future-value-calculator.pdf (PDF preview)
    Erphck9VgAAkfp_ (resized).jpeg
    20C76ACB-794C-483E-8AEC-8C7674040AD2.gif
    43A142D1-921C-4F00-B072-85099F20EF40 (resized).jpeg
    inflation (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111-201242.png
    Screenshot_20230106_143714_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Call the ambulance.jpg
    19A2BA1F-9011-45FF-845C-E03228DED132 (resized).png
    11D7B09B-06C7-412B-BD16-F11883E2BA0F (resized).png
    C9A4F4E4-B0DE-48E1-BD1C-93EF52C355D8 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

His prices have always been high, he makes a lot of money off suckers who don’t do any research.

I just picked up a Rush Pro from him for $6531 cash before the price increase. I'm not sure how he made lots of money from me being a sucker on this, but that's likely because I'm the sucker.

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Nope. Not at all. Increased nib pricing dictates secondary market. Not the other way around. Used pins can ask whatever they want doesn’t mean they’ll get it.

I'd say the both effect each other. If a new pins sells for $7k and everyone is paying $6800 for it used a year from now, the NIB pricing will likely go up (sound familiar?). And yeah, if the NIB pricing goes up to $8k, they'll likely not sell be selling used a year from now for $5500. Ultimately the market is what you and I are willing to pay.

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Doubt it. All JJP needs to do is announce a decent game with good theme like GNR. TS4 wouldn't sell much better if cheaper. Same for Stern. Not every game will be a hit but they only need one every couple of years. They will be selling every GZ they can make for quite a while. Even if a game is not a hit it can be successful if enough games sold. If things get that bad, pinball companies will just go out of business.

I can buy a NIB GNR LE in the classifieds for $8999 right now. Good themes can't always command an infinite price. There -has- to be a limit. Is it $12k? $22k? Or will it level out at $8k? All I know is, never say "prices can't go ___".

1 week later
    #182 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Do we want the folks working at this establishments to earn a living wage or not?

I'd like them to earn what their work is worth, which has nothing to do with their living expenses.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm pissed that Stern didn't honour pre-order prices while it's churning out record numbers. Just cancelled my GZ premium order from way back in August. Ended up costing me $30 plus lost interest.
    I'm done with nib Sterns forever. Looking forward to my Cactus Canyon LE and the used market when saturation hits.
    It's too bad. I was finally coming around to celebrating Stern as a company.

At least they told you. I had repeatedly ask my distro if they were honoring the old prices on my Hot Wheels order. After several emails, a phone call, and ANOTHER email, they said no (although she did offer free shipping as a consolation prize).

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hotwheels is a title that seems to have settled down. A friend of mine is still trying to move a real nice HUO for 6K and can't, it seems. What are they going for new, these days?

About $7800 for a NIB Deluxe. I'll love to talk with your friend if they were in the northeast!

#232 1 year ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

We did the same thing! It cost me like $8 for a cold brew and donut one day. I went back and calculated how much I was paying for coffee. I cut the cost by 75% just brewing my own! It does taste so much better!

$8/day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year, for forty years. It's chump change.

future-value-calculator.pdffuture-value-calculator.pdf
    1 month later
    #237 1 year ago
    Quoted from vanilla:

What percentage of total price goes to licensing and paying the movie star call-outs?
    Could today's collectors tolerate playing a game that had no licensed theme and used anonymous Stern employees for the call-outs?
    Even if people said yes to that, is that enough to influence Stern or JJP?
    So many people say they want to see the next new pinball done up in their favorite TV show, movie, or musical group. That costs money. I can play any old game in my collection and put on a GnR album on the stereo at the same time and I've saved thousand of dollars right there from not buying a one-band jukebox with flippers.
    I can change albums and instantly have a Kiss pinball, or a Foo Fighters. Why pay thousands of dollars to have their music shot out of a pinball speaker?
    And it's still pinball.
    Could you live without the added cost of the Insider Connected thing?
    I know, I know, you're going to say that'll never happen.
    Still, I'm asking, what "add-ons" to a modern pinball machine could you live without?

It's a nice idea. Now ask yourself what's your favorite modern non-licensed pin. If it takes you awhile to answer that, that tells you something.

I don't know how much licensing costs, but it's likely not cheap. But theme alone sells a lot of pins, and that's hard to overcome. Buttery smooth Dialed In could have been a blockbuster with the right license. Instead, it's "that weird cell phone game".

2 months later
    #245 11 months ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Wonder if stern/jjp will ever allow these distribs to discount to get rid of games. Id buy a TMNT premium right now for the original msrp, but not at 9700.

Many distributors often discounts from MSRP on Sterns. For example MSRP on a TMNT Premium is $9699, but Automated has it for $9499.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcyallen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-price-increase?tu=arcyallen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.