Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by arcyallen
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230507_094727 (resized).jpg
    DSC_3427 (resized).JPG
    DSC_3426 (resized).JPG
    _20230501_190210 (resized).JPG
    358B7ED8-FD41-4DAC-8320-5E0F8DDA515A (resized).jpeg
    future-value-calculator.pdf (PDF preview)
    Erphck9VgAAkfp_ (resized).jpeg
    20C76ACB-794C-483E-8AEC-8C7674040AD2.gif
    43A142D1-921C-4F00-B072-85099F20EF40 (resized).jpeg
    inflation (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111-201242.png
    Screenshot_20230106_143714_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Call the ambulance.jpg
    19A2BA1F-9011-45FF-845C-E03228DED132 (resized).png
    11D7B09B-06C7-412B-BD16-F11883E2BA0F (resized).png
    C9A4F4E4-B0DE-48E1-BD1C-93EF52C355D8 (resized).png
    There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 1 year ago

Happy New Years folks! Those LZ, TMNT, Mando, and Rush Pros collecting dust at your distros are now officially more expensive. Don’t even want to think about the Prems.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Happy New Years folks! Those LZ, TMNT, Mando, and Rush Pros collecting dust at your distros are now officially more expensive. Don’t even want to think about the Prems.

Yup. Get used to it. Same as fuel,food,utilities. Called inflation

#3 1 year ago

Yeah that increase on the premiums is a tough one. I'm a pro guy generally anyway but now it pretty much solidified that lol

#4 1 year ago

Difference is we can tell the pinball barons to go F themselves.

No more NIB - it's a big waste. (See CCR = last straw).
    I can and will live with what I have, and what's avail in the secondary market.

#5 1 year ago

Happy 1st pinflation thread of the year, CrazyLevi

#6 1 year ago

Do you want cheap prices and no machines for sale or high prices and no machines for sale? You can't have both. Happy New Year!

#7 1 year ago

I'll take cheap prices and no machines for sale please...

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Do you want cheap prices and no machines for sale or high prices and no machines for sale?

If there is no machine for sale does it still have a price?

#9 1 year ago

Sad that pros cost what premiums used to be and it’s not like those prices were that long ago. Gary has a new factory to pay for, I mean the customers. No more NIB Stern for me. I am out.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Sad that pros cost what premiums used to be and it’s not like those prices were that long ago. Gary has a new factory to pay for, I mean the customers. No more NIB Stern for me. I am out.

Yep. It’s just pinball. Good luck Stern. And goodbye. Don’t race JJP for the door. Both can pound sand.

#11 1 year ago

Anyone got an official link showcasing the new prices?

I can't wait when Back to the Future or Jaws is announced to see how many people here stating "I'm DONE" go running back.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I can't wait when Back to the Future or Jaws is announced to see how many people here stating "I'm DONE" go running back.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Ohhh it's coming for sure.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Pinballs.com

E2DE26FE-E0F4-4774-B0F8-5D2C97D3315D (resized).jpegE2DE26FE-E0F4-4774-B0F8-5D2C97D3315D (resized).jpeg

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Do you want cheap prices and no machines for sale or high prices and no machines for sale? You can't have both. Happy New Year!

I'll take reasonable price increases please, not double or more the inflation rate.

#16 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20230101-104151 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230101-104151 (resized).png
    #17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinballs.com
    [quoted image]

10k for a premium, puke.

#18 1 year ago

The Toy Story 4 pricing. Gotta love that JJP optimisim.

laughing-hysterically.giflaughing-hysterically.gif
    #19 1 year ago

I'd love to pick up a JJP sometime but they've priced themselves out of my range. Perhaps 2023 will be the year American Pinball become a big force taking up their slack.

#20 1 year ago

Koozie prices didn’t go up!
    Drink as the deposits go down on the next Elwin.

5A40A0E1-EEF5-4519-94F6-B695A14D74F9 (resized).jpeg5A40A0E1-EEF5-4519-94F6-B695A14D74F9 (resized).jpeg

#21 1 year ago

Happy New Years folks! Those LZ, TMNT, Mando, and Rush Pros collecting dust at your distros are now officially more expensive. Don’t even want to think about the Prems.</blockquote
    good, they need another 2" of dust on top of them.

#22 1 year ago

Wahoo! PRICE INCREASE!!!

#23 1 year ago

Just wait, pretty soon you won't be able to type Stern without paying a fee.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Pinballs.com
    [quoted image]

What's up with the used Black Knight pro being slightly higher than NIB pro?

That WWE LE is starting to look attractive

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What's up with the used Black Knight pro being slightly higher than NIB pro?
    That WWE LE is starting to look attractive

It’s because, like the used WWE’s, they’re no longer in production so they can jack up the price. No different than if it were a TSPP or LOTR.

What’s really criminal is that NIB MBr CE that has sat there for over a year because it’s over twice the original NIB price.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Even if those. Yeah. I’m done. After the sale is just as shitty as price increases. Node board goes out? At least you get to stare at your dream theme waiting for parts being used on assembly line. Cuz we got your money so fuck you Mr./Mrs. collector.

#27 1 year ago

If I was in charge of the Stern empire, I'd bring the prices down somehow. Probably sack all the expensive 'talent' and bring in some fresh new College kids.

The average Joe on the street doesn't give a toss who designed a pinball game, they only want a big theme and something fun to shoot.

#28 1 year ago

And I have 1 TMNT in the box at 6400. Last NIB pin I have and last before 2023 prices. I have no problem keeping this one because I like the game, but on topic, it will be fun to see if pinballs do the same as cars(new and used) in 2023...If you need a car, try to hold out until May or June, before you buy!

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Probably sack all the expensive 'talent'

I was never under the impression that working for Stern Pinball would make you rich. I'd guess that most of the design/engineering talent are actually working below the general market wage, but willing to make that trade off for working on a cool product like pinball machines.

I'm also guessing that the "partner" that Gary brought in to bailout Stern Pinball years ago is raking in most of the dough.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

If I was in charge of the Stern empire, I'd bring the prices down somehow. Probably sack all the expensive 'talent' and bring in some fresh new College kids.
    The average Joe on the street doesn't give a toss who designed a pinball game, they only want a big theme and something fun to shoot.

I love how the guy who worked for Heighway Pinball thinks he knows how a successful pinball company is supposed to work.

Yeah, fire everybody and slash prices after years of record sales. Brilliant!

If Pinside ran stern they’d be tits up in a week.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love how the guy who worked for Heighway Pinball thinks he knows how a successful pinball company is supposed to work.
    Yeah, fire everybody and slash prices after years of record sales. Brilliant!
    If Pinside ran stern they’d be tits up in a week.

TBH, his idea is pretty much how many companies run these days...so it's not really far fetched. Granted, usually it's more around stockholders than lowering prices

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I'd bring the prices down somehow. Probably sack all the expensive 'talent' and bring in some fresh new College kids.

So basically adopt the “boutique” pinball model?
    Yeah, no thanks.

#33 1 year ago

$9500 for a stern premium!?!?! . GTFO

HUO market will come back down eventually once more and more games are in the market.

#34 1 year ago

Right! Fck these greedy mofos.

2014 when I bought my first NIB it was $5700 for a premium.

$4,000 increase in 8 years!

Nope. Sit on em. Too far too fast, value is not there anymore.

Quoted from konghusker:

HUO market will come back down eventually once more and more games are in the market.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I'm so far past the phrase "I'm out on NIB". What phrase comes after that? I don't even look or even care what comes out anymore. These price increase are so far beyond inflation increases it's not even funny.

#36 1 year ago

Alot of people say there out on buying new sterns than how come I can't get a new LE. They are already sold out for the next unannounced game.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Alot of people say there out on buying new sterns than how come I can't get a new LE. They are already sold out for the next unannounced game.

That is distros doing their best to create FOMO. They want to hold the spots for customers that have bought the last 20 LEs before allowing new people in.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

LEs always sell out. There are a lot of collectors that don't care where pricing is at. It's just a bummer that premiums are at such unaffordable pricing now, people that cant afford LEs typically buy premiums or pros.

#39 1 year ago

The LE can sell out all it wants. Don’t care about an LE and it’s limited value. LEs are for guys that want to feel special. To jack the premiums and pros up this much is a giant FU to the people that keep this hobby going. There are far more “regular” people working hard to maybe get a new game now and then vs rich guys that buy every game that comes out. Think about your group of local pinball friends and how many are regular joes that aren’t rich enough to just buy a game without having to sell something.

Premium and pros are for the majority of hobbyists and operators to buy. Both stern and jjp have basically said FU to the majority of its lifeblood customers. Charge what you want for your stern LE and jjp CE, but don’t gouge your main customers because of a tight overpriced secondary market caused from a pandemic shutdown killing the supply chain, and forcing the huo prices up due to lack of nib supply.

#40 1 year ago

CC SE still a bargain.

TS4 CE $15K no thanks.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Heighway model was to save money by not paying young kids on loan from other countries by calling it an 'internship' and replacing them with the next one when their temporary visa ran out.

Why didn't Stern think of that?

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

The LE can sell out all it wants. Don’t care about an LE and it’s limited value. LEs are for guys that want to feel special. To jack the premiums and pros up this much is a giant FU to the people that keep this hobby going. There are far more “regular” people working hard to maybe get a new game now and then vs rich guys that buy every game that comes out. Think about your group of local pinball friends and how many are regular joes that aren’t rich enough to just buy a game without having to sell something.
    Premium and pros are for the majority of hobbyists and operators to buy. Both stern and jjp have basically said FU to the majority of its lifeblood customers. Charge what you want for your stern LE and jjp CE, but don’t gouge your main customers because of a tight overpriced secondary market caused from a pandemic shutdown killing the supply chain, and forcing the huo prices up due to lack of nib supply.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

#43 1 year ago

I really don't get how/why they jacked the price on machines that had already been sent to distributors? (IE - the pinballs.com website)

I bought my first pinball earlier this year (Godzilla Pro) and have been looking for a second pin, but the price increases seem absurd. I guess when people have been waiting 1-2 years for a machine order it's inevitable.

#44 1 year ago

Who is buying games at these prices? I don't understand it. Everyone I know outside of my pinball life thought I was insane paying the prices 5 years ago. Now I think these prices are beyond absurd. I'd love to know who these noobs are that are buying these things.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Who is buying games at these prices? I don't understand it. Everyone I know outside of my pinball life thought I was insane paying the prices 5 years ago. Now I think these prices are beyond absurd. I'd love to know who these noobs are that are buying these things.

They are out there, but in dwindling numbers.
    I think this will be a GREAT opportunity for smaller pinball companies, however. American pinball and spooky could really get a rush of new customers.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:I really don't get how/why they jacked the price on machines that had already been sent to distributors? (IE - the pinballs.com website)
    I bought my first pinball earlier this year (Godzilla Pro) and have been looking for a second pin, but the price increases seem absurd. I guess when people have been waiting 1-2 years for a machine order it's inevitable.

I would guess it’s because stern doesn’t want to have to compete against itself with lower priced new games than they are selling.

All “unsold games gathering dust” at distributors aren’t unsold, at least not by Stern. So stern doesn’t want tHeir next brand new release competing with other brand new games that are significantly cheaper.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Yeah. With each price increase it seems that there’s less buyers regardless of the manufacturer.

#48 1 year ago

Just bought the family an xbox series x for Christmas at $500. It really brings it in perspective how little we are getting for our money with pinball machines now. I know these consoles won’t be worth anything a few years from now but my god I could buy every console from now until I die and still have less than a new pinball machine and it will get played more than a pinball machine.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would guess it’s because stern doesn’t want to have to compete against itself with lower priced new games than they are selling.
    All “unsold games gathering dust” at distributors aren’t unsold, at least not by Stern. So stern doesn’t want tHeir next brand new release competing with other brand new games that are significantly cheaper.

But I wouldn’t want to pay 2023 prices on a 2022 car. Same with pinball. If it’s made and already still sitting on the lot when the new model rolls out why would I buy and older game marked up to new game prices?

#50 1 year ago

This 100%. I have been playing the new COD pretty much every day since 12/23/22. Hours and hours every day, getting much more value and enjoyment for my money. Definitely better places to spend the money. If I REALLY need a pinball fix, I hit up the local arcade for $25/day.

Quoted from Yoderboy:

Just bought the family an xbox series x for Christmas at $500. It really brings it in perspective how little we are getting for our money with pinball machines now. I know these consoles won’t be worth anything a few years from now but my god I could buy every console from now until I die and still have less than a new pinball machine and it will get played more than a pinball machine.

There are 245 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-price-increase?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.