(Topic ID: 266825)

Happy Pinball Machines

By SantaEatsCheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200421-012653~2 (resized).png
    IMG_0059 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0061 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I seem to have a strong preference for "Happy" and upbeat pinball machines. I would put The Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff, World Cup Soccer, and Fish Tales in that category.

I can think of a few darker pins like "The Hobbit", Alien, Walking Dead, and Dracula which are solidly in the opposite category and I don't really care for regardless of playing experience.

What would you guys say are the happiest and most upbeat pinball machines?

#2 3 years ago

I'm a fan of a Happy Cyclone.
    The music and rules just make it a fun,happy machine.
    -Mike

#3 3 years ago

Nice topic.

My vote goes to a pin that falls in the "love it" or "hate it" category. It also ranks pretty low on Pinside.

Austin Powers puts a smile on my face every time!

#4 3 years ago

Munsters and GB are pretty happy games.

#6 3 years ago

Mousin Around ,

#7 3 years ago

rocky and Bullwinkle makes me happy!

#8 3 years ago

Jokerz! definitely qualifies.

#9 3 years ago

You my friend need some EMs! You can search ipdb.org with the theme "Happiness": https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?tm=Happiness&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Mousin Around ,

My 3 year old will wait until I finish a game just so he can dance to the music.

#11 3 years ago

The only one I have that’s “happy” - at least superficially - is Funhouse.

But even that one can be quite dark, both from the creepiness of Rudy just to begin with, as well as according to one version of the game’s story that claims what’s really going on is that Rudy is actually imprisoning kids in the basement after he lures into the funhouse. Gives new meaning to many of the call outs and makes it feel like you’re on a mission to rescue them while not arousing Rudy’s suspicions of your motive for being there.

Otherwise, the rest of my games are quite squarely in the dark category: T2, TZ, BK2K, and BKSOR.

I play and enjoy happy games like Willy Wonka a lot on location, at shows, etc. but since I don’t have kids or any kids that come with their parents when I host a pin party, I’m perpetually keeping the “cave” in “man cave” with my games.

#12 3 years ago

White Water is up there. Bright colors, great upbeat music, snapping pics of bigfoot making dumb faces, Bigfoot bowling, randomly being called "YA WEINER!" can't be beat.

Medieval Madness is probably the only pinball machine that can make me audibly laugh whenever I play. The quotes are wild. "Did ya bring any princesses?" "Is that a sword in your pocket?"

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

But even that one can be quite dark, both from the creepiness of Rudy just to begin with, as well as according to one version of the game’s story that claims what’s really going on is that Rudy is actually imprisoning kids in the basement after he lures into the funhouse. Gives new meaning to many of the call outs and makes it feel like you’re on a mission to rescue them while not arousing Rudy’s suspicions of your motive for being there.

I always interpreted the Funhouse "story" as this. Rudy is an animatronic figure (note the sign in the back of the playfield boasting "See the amazing mechanical man!"), and his controls/power supply is in the basement. The scream he makes when you score a Million Plus implies he's being electrocuted. So the overall story is that a bunch of kids are playing pranks and tampering with Rudy's machines.

#14 3 years ago

willy wonka makes me happy.........

#15 3 years ago

Gilligan's Island, BBH

#16 3 years ago

D.E. Time Machine is pretty upbeat.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I seem to have a strong preference for "Happy" and upbeat pinball machines. I would put The Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff, World Cup Soccer, and Fish Tales in that category.
    I can think of a few darker pins like "The Hobbit", Alien, Walking Dead, and Dracula which are solidly in the opposite category and I don't really care for regardless of playing experience.
    What would you guys say are the happiest and most upbeat pinball machines?

Soooo...Satan, as your handle suggests...likes upbeat and sunny. And cheese.

#18 3 years ago

Big Hurt Baseball. Disco Fever. Harlem Globetrotters.

#19 3 years ago

NGG Wife was bummed when I sold it, said most of the games are monsters or sci fi...so looking for a Flintstones or munsters

#20 3 years ago

Happy...Clowns...Happy Clown? (Sorry, it's all I got...except maybe when all my games are working properly...then I'm happy!)

IMG_0061 (resized).jpgIMG_0061 (resized).jpgIMG_0059 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_0059 (1) (resized).jpg
    #21 3 years ago

Dr. Dude is a pretty bright and cheerful game, and the jackpot music always makes me smile.

#22 3 years ago

Funhouse is not happy ! Great but not happy to me.
    Batman 66 ,lah, tftc Pure silliness

#23 3 years ago

Bad Cats, Junkyard

#24 3 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle for sure.
    Fish Tales.
    Evel Knievel
    Gilligans Island
    Atlantis.

#25 3 years ago

Williams Gay 90s

Screenshot_20200421-012653~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200421-012653~2 (resized).png
    #26 3 years ago

I'm going to have to check out rocky and bullwinkle again at the next pinball show. There was one at Allentown last year. I played soo many games there it is hard to keep them all straight.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-pinball-machines?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.