3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by sataneatscheese
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200421-012653~2 (resized).png
    IMG_0059 (1) (resized).jpg
    IMG_0061 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

I seem to have a strong preference for "Happy" and upbeat pinball machines. I would put The Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff, World Cup Soccer, and Fish Tales in that category.

I can think of a few darker pins like "The Hobbit", Alien, Walking Dead, and Dracula which are solidly in the opposite category and I don't really care for regardless of playing experience.

What would you guys say are the happiest and most upbeat pinball machines?

#2 3 months ago

I'm a fan of a Happy Cyclone.
    The music and rules just make it a fun,happy machine.
    -Mike

#3 3 months ago

Nice topic.

My vote goes to a pin that falls in the "love it" or "hate it" category. It also ranks pretty low on Pinside.

Austin Powers puts a smile on my face every time!

#4 3 months ago

Munsters and GB are pretty happy games.

#5 3 months ago

AFM is a happy (funny) one

#6 3 months ago

Mousin Around ,

#7 3 months ago

rocky and Bullwinkle makes me happy!

#8 3 months ago

Jokerz! definitely qualifies.

#9 3 months ago

You my friend need some EMs! You can search ipdb.org with the theme "Happiness": https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?tm=Happiness&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Mousin Around ,

My 3 year old will wait until I finish a game just so he can dance to the music.

#11 3 months ago

The only one I have that’s “happy” - at least superficially - is Funhouse.

But even that one can be quite dark, both from the creepiness of Rudy just to begin with, as well as according to one version of the game’s story that claims what’s really going on is that Rudy is actually imprisoning kids in the basement after he lures into the funhouse. Gives new meaning to many of the call outs and makes it feel like you’re on a mission to rescue them while not arousing Rudy’s suspicions of your motive for being there.

Otherwise, the rest of my games are quite squarely in the dark category: T2, TZ, BK2K, and BKSOR.

I play and enjoy happy games like Willy Wonka a lot on location, at shows, etc. but since I don’t have kids or any kids that come with their parents when I host a pin party, I’m perpetually keeping the “cave” in “man cave” with my games.

#12 3 months ago

White Water is up there. Bright colors, great upbeat music, snapping pics of bigfoot making dumb faces, Bigfoot bowling, randomly being called "YA WEINER!" can't be beat.

Medieval Madness is probably the only pinball machine that can make me audibly laugh whenever I play. The quotes are wild. "Did ya bring any princesses?" "Is that a sword in your pocket?"

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from TheRudyB:

But even that one can be quite dark, both from the creepiness of Rudy just to begin with, as well as according to one version of the game’s story that claims what’s really going on is that Rudy is actually imprisoning kids in the basement after he lures into the funhouse. Gives new meaning to many of the call outs and makes it feel like you’re on a mission to rescue them while not arousing Rudy’s suspicions of your motive for being there.

I always interpreted the Funhouse "story" as this. Rudy is an animatronic figure (note the sign in the back of the playfield boasting "See the amazing mechanical man!"), and his controls/power supply is in the basement. The scream he makes when you score a Million Plus implies he's being electrocuted. So the overall story is that a bunch of kids are playing pranks and tampering with Rudy's machines.

#14 3 months ago

willy wonka makes me happy.........

#16 3 months ago

D.E. Time Machine is pretty upbeat.

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I seem to have a strong preference for "Happy" and upbeat pinball machines. I would put The Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff, World Cup Soccer, and Fish Tales in that category.
    I can think of a few darker pins like "The Hobbit", Alien, Walking Dead, and Dracula which are solidly in the opposite category and I don't really care for regardless of playing experience.
    What would you guys say are the happiest and most upbeat pinball machines?

Soooo...Satan, as your handle suggests...likes upbeat and sunny. And cheese.

#18 3 months ago

Big Hurt Baseball. Disco Fever. Harlem Globetrotters.

#19 3 months ago

NGG Wife was bummed when I sold it, said most of the games are monsters or sci fi...so looking for a Flintstones or munsters

#20 3 months ago

Happy...Clowns...Happy Clown? (Sorry, it's all I got...except maybe when all my games are working properly...then I'm happy!)

IMG_0061 (resized).jpgIMG_0059 (1) (resized).jpg
    #21 3 months ago

Dr. Dude is a pretty bright and cheerful game, and the jackpot music always makes me smile.

#22 3 months ago

Funhouse is not happy ! Great but not happy to me.
    Batman 66 ,lah, tftc Pure silliness

#24 3 months ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle for sure.
    Fish Tales.
    Evel Knievel
    Gilligans Island
    Atlantis.

#25 3 months ago

Williams Gay 90s

Screenshot_20200421-012653~2 (resized).png
    #26 3 months ago

I'm going to have to check out rocky and bullwinkle again at the next pinball show. There was one at Allentown last year. I played soo many games there it is hard to keep them all straight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Ramp-O-Matic

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside