4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191230_134910 (resized).jpg
    20191230_135001 (resized).jpg
    20191230_134847 (resized).jpg
    20191230_134842 (resized).jpg
    73734 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

New Years Eve day morning, I hear a THUD while I'm getting dressed. Wife knocks on the door and says "Did you hear that??" So I hurry up and open the door to see whats going on and see this. Neighbor kitty-corner to us who I've never met. Damaged the fence, sheared half the branches off our tree, crushed some vintage wrought iron patio furniture like it was plastic. Hit the gutter, tore the screen door, broke a little siding. If it had been 5 feet taller it woulda been in our dining room. Nobody hurt, thank goodness.

Crappy part is, our deductible is $1000.00 and it's considered an act of God, neighbor isn't responsible even though it's his tree. He came over afterwards and told me he had thought of getting them cut down and was going to ask the neighbors if they'd split the cost with him (new homeowner, doesn't know that would be his responsibility/cost). I guess if we could prove he'd KNOWN they were rotted/dangerous and therefore negligent in getting them cut down there might be some recompense, but that's hard to prove, and who wants to be that kinda neighbor. As it is, he isn't even filing a claim with his insurance.

What a jacked up system. We're minding our own business and now out a thousand dollars.

20191230_134842 (resized).jpg20191230_134842 (resized).jpg20191230_134847 (resized).jpg20191230_134847 (resized).jpg20191230_134910 (resized).jpg20191230_134910 (resized).jpg20191230_135001 (resized).jpg20191230_135001 (resized).jpg73734 (resized).jpeg73734 (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

That is crazy, Least you was not sat on the garden furniture!

No kidding - I spend a lot of time reading under the tree that got sheared in half, I just lost half my shade -

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Kind of suprising the neighbor isnt offering to split your deductible especially since they were thinking of asking you to split the cost to cut it down.

Yeah, I might ask him and see how he feels about it. Worst he can do is say tough shit, neighbor.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Damn sorry that happened to you, at least the damage was minimal. I've had similar experiences in the past and learned from them. Here in Norwood if you think a tree is in danger of coming down and it's possible it could damage your property, you have to file a complaint with the city about it. Once that is done they will look at the tree in question and if they decide it is in fact dangerous they will notify the neighbor that it needs to come down. The neighbor then is responsible for any damage done should it fall.

NOW you tell me lol.

I think I'm gonna warn the other neighbor next to me - I'm surrounded by huge ass trees, none of which are ours -

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-new-yeboom-what-was-that?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.