Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Vitty
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who will dominate 2020”

• JJP 15 votes
      29%
    • Stern 34 votes
      65%
    • Deeproot 3 votes
      6%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

match game rush (resized).jpg
    603460_4270256675927_436601093_n (resized).jpg
    Carnac.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Stern opens the new year with a fresh game from the recently out of pinball retirement Brian Eddy, Stranger Things.

A great show but not so great transition to a pinball theme. Only the first 2 seasons. This game should have used all 3 current with the 3rd being the best with the shopping mall and Neverending Story song.

The game relies too much on the young kids and as the kids get older the theme will tire.
    Game will do well on route. Home use staying power will waver.

Stern will keeping plugging away with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Summer and LED Zeppelin for Fall. There will be a sprinkle of a vault in there to combat lackluster sales. But as dealers and home owners have only so much room and money titles with begin to bottleneck and sales numbers will be down compared to 2019.
    We will not see a new Elwin title until 2021.

2020 will be Jersey Jack Pinballs year !
    Coming off the coattails of Wonka, the spring starts off with a bang with Eric’s Guns n Roses. A narrow body onslaught feature heavy hitter. Then in the fall we get Pat’s Toy Story featuring all 4 movies. Full steam ahead JJP lays the foundation of solid sales with two fantastic themes and JJP will release 2 new titles within the same year.

Chicago gaming company will come out with Cactus Canyon, they will continue to chip away at Stern Pinball with their competitive Pinball pricing and the classics that Pinball collectors are searching for. They may even release a new unlicensed title.

American Pinball plugs away with Hot Wheels. Sales will be ok and they hang on.
    What comes after that will determine a make or break moment. They need a hot license.

Spooky Pinball. They do everything right. Theme matters. They got it and they have the family small home town feel good hit of the year. A year and a half at that ! They are locked in and here for the long haul.

Deeproot will struggle to take a market share as it will be a juggernaut competitive market by the other manufacturers.
    Again theme matters ! If you don’t have a strong license you will reap the consequences of sales too other pinball manufacturers.

Pinball Brothers will make a return.

Just my .02
    Happy New Year.

11 months later
    #6 3 years ago

What’s everyone think of my predictions from a year ago?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I know, upcoming titles have been discussed a million and one times here.
    But I have to say I just don't see Zeppelin being a big seller. I also not see GNR being a seller for JJP also.
    I know so many people begged for Iron Maiden and I don't heat too much buzz about that machine.
    I think all of these manufactures need to go back to original titles. All the Stern ones are not getting the full license to really be creative.
    Stern Star Trek rocked. Real voices and sounds. Walking Dead had so much potential, but I think that hick voice call out dude kills the mood. The list can go on and on, but I would rather see some original stuff.
    Rather than keeping everything so secretive, why not send out surveys for people to answer like on a scale of 1 - 10, how likely would you buy a Big Bang Theory pinball machine. Since you answered yes, would you still buy that machine if we were unable to use the voice of the original actors? Something along those lines. Maybe it means less titles coming out every year, but we all cant afford to buy multiple titles a year too. So if I can look in January and see, hey, Ozark is coming in August, I am going to save up for that.

4 months later
    #14 2 years ago

2021 predictions.

Stern: Mandalorian Brian Eddy, Godzilla Keith Elwin and the dream team John Borg Lyman Sheats on Rush. Steve Ritchie not until 2022.

Chicago Gaming Cactus Canyon

JJP Toy Story

American Pinball -
    Spooky Pinball -

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-new-year-and-my-pinball-predictions-for-2020?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.