IMG_4751 (resized).JPG
IMG_4764 (resized).JPG
IMG_4763 (resized).JPG
IMG_4762 (resized).JPG
IMG_4761 (resized).JPG
IMG_4759 (resized).JPG
IMG_4750 (resized).JPG
IMG_4749 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Well I almost decided to trade my AFM. I got this AFM around 2007 when pinball games were cheap (well much cheaper) and restored it with a new Micro playfield and new cabinet decals. It was the first game I restored (done several since) and at one time I got of pinball but keep this one game. I usually would do something to it over the years to just keep it fun, adding Bill Ung's light kit and then adding his expansion kit. Also eventually went with all LED, new plastics, color screen, translucent back with lighting extra lighting, pinbits shaker motor, green LEDs on mothership, etc. I also added the limited edition Williams approved topper and a special start button that I haven't seen again (dont remember where I got it).

Well anyways, my company moved me from San Diego to Baltimore about 3 years ago and the game went into storage. I had my awesome San Diego pinball tech go over all my games before I moved them and everything worked great. After a while, I decided to move them from storage to a spot in FL and went to set up the AFM and it didn't work. It was in a spot that was too hard to work on it so I just said forget about it and enjoyed my other games at the time. I finally moved to FL and had it set up at my house (even adding the metzelmod house when it was broke) but it still had issues and I have been working on it from time to time but was getting frustrated and was thinking about trading as is. I told my family I was trading it and they said no way and that day when they said that I decided to try to work on it one more time and got everything fixed - zero errors.

It has been 3 years since it worked right and wow does it play great now. The game still looks like it is brand new and I do like it how it plays more that the remake. I almost got to rule the universe on the first day I fixed it and glad it is still in the house. I forgot how much fun this game is and why I have keep it so long.
IMG_4748 (resized).JPGIMG_4748 (resized).JPGIMG_4749 (resized).JPGIMG_4749 (resized).JPGIMG_4750 (resized).JPGIMG_4750 (resized).JPGIMG_4751 (resized).JPGIMG_4751 (resized).JPGIMG_4753 (resized).JPGIMG_4753 (resized).JPGIMG_4754 (resized).JPGIMG_4754 (resized).JPGIMG_4759 (resized).JPGIMG_4759 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4761 (resized).JPGIMG_4762 (resized).JPGIMG_4762 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4763 (resized).JPGIMG_4764 (resized).JPGIMG_4764 (resized).JPG

#4 4 years ago

Thanks,

Nice to see on made it all the way to the Netherlands. If some you you have one of the 75 made post a pic here.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks - I also restored my original MB too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-i-decided-not-to-trade-my-original-afm?tu=marksf123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.