(Topic ID: 28782)

Happy Hackoween! wpc driver board tales...

By shacklersrevenge

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by johnwartjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0947b.jpg
    t2driverr.jpg
    t2_driver.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

A pretty decent T2 was delivered this morning by NAVL to me. It's problem was mostly ''bad connectors'' I was told. The price was nice and I'm very happy with it becuase the rest is very good to work with. I installed a good driver I had, and replaced all this mess with new connectors for the new board. Happy to report the game works and plays great all the way but this was too good not to share. Here are pictures of the old driver, with a nice mod to the cap section, and this pin must have been used as a 5th wheel, just look at that craftsmanship for a trailer hitch plug...
    Enjoy! t2_driver.jpgt2_driver.jpg t2driverr.jpgt2driverr.jpg

#2 11 years ago

That actually doesn't look too bad! From a 'too bad to repair' standpoint, I wouldn't want it in a game personally like that

Be grateful they soldered to header pins and not traces on the board. Much easier to clean up

#3 11 years ago

I bought a RS whose boards looked good from the front. I took off the power driver when starting my restore and was shocked to find the back like this. Thought I'd found some dead worms.

IMG_0947b.jpgIMG_0947b.jpg

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

just look at that craftsmanship for a trailer hitch plug...
    Enjoy!

At least they did not solder the wires directly to the pins on the board. Seen that too many times.

#5 11 years ago

Those hacks are pretty typical for repairing WPC drivers... I'd rather set some eyelets and have it look decent.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-hackoleen-wpc-driver-board-tales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.