Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dirtrider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121224_130632.jpg
    tootsie-pop-owl.jpg
    images.jpeg
    image.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider old_hutch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

This is why i hate the holidays, and will be canceling any form of birthday or Christmas presents for them next year. Oh, and it isnt like I am new to the family. Last week was the 10 year anniversary of my engagement to her brother. I have been around 14 years. They still dont mnow my full name and only refer to me by the nickname he calls me, if they even talk to me at all.

Hey Blondetall, or anybody else out there who buys gifts for people that don't deserve them. Here's a little scheme that might be something you would want to try.

Make a list of everybody that you buy gifts for that does not deserve them. Decide how much you would spend on each. Pick your favorite charity and write an individual check for each person to that charity. Make up mailing labels for each of your undeserving recipients and add "Donation made in the name of" to the top of it. Copy the checks and mailing labels and place in Christmas cards for each recipient to inform them of their donation. Mail the donations to your charity. Everybody wins in this one except the ones who shouldn't.

1) You get the satisfaction of making a nice donation to your favorite charity.

2) You get the satisfaction of knowing your recipients are really pissed that you gave their gift to charity, but they can't say a thing because you are on the moral high ground.

3) You are almost assured of never receiving another one of their crappy, thoughtless gifts that piss you off more than getting nothing at all from them.

4) If you include their mailing address with the donation your gift will keep on giving throughout the year as they receive reminders from the charity that they still need money, so they get to reminisce about your wonderful gift.

Feel free to use this system and you will have a better outlook on the holidays, I promise!

Happy Festivus!

Old_Hutch

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I tip my hat to you sir.

Well Jeez Starfighter, nobody's given me an "I tip my hat to you sir" since ummmm EVER!

I was so busy sharing my scheme that I forgot to air any grievances:

People who are offended.

If you are offended by something, change the station, stop reading, close your eyes, walk away, stop paying attention. JUST QUIT B*TCHING TO THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE OFFENDED AND WE MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TO APPEASE YOU!

Happy Festivus!
    Merry Christmas!
    No doubt I've just offended someone. Please see the above suggestions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider old_hutch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-festivus-air-your-grievances-here?tu=old_hutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.