Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dirtrider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20121224_130632.jpg
    tootsie-pop-owl.jpg
    images.jpeg
    image.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

500 channels of crap on the tv...

sorry I wasted the top of the page with that one

#52 11 years ago

I am at family event #3 of 4, and just checked back in on this thread. You guys are cracking me up. Yes, and you all said, it is the thought that counts... which is what hurts. Had they said that they knew i loved owls and that the kids made this for me or specifically picked it out, I would have loved it. But knowing that they forgot about me then asking his sister to cover for them with the cheapest thing she could find or regift, thats just wrong. I am not materialistic, I dont need or what anything, but dont ignore me and then demand gifts. We'll see how things go next year when they get birthday and Christmas cards, and maybe a box of cookies if I am feeling extra nice. I think JimJim may be right in that this was just the kind of thoughtful gift I needed to get me to quit putting myself through this crap and expecting them to be any different. Definition of insanity and all.

Sounds like I am not the only one with family like that, and now we are all ready for bad gift swapping and family matchmaking. Lol.

Everyone have a great day, and someone tell me when we get to the pie-eating portion of the feats of strength. I have had lots of practice the last 3 days so I am ready to kick some butt!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

someone tell me when we get to the CAKE-eating portion and the feats of strength.

There! Fixed that for you BT. (Based on the old VS. thread...)

Sadly my "feats of strength" display went out the window when WOZ didn't show up...
    Oh well,
    I can always go biceps curl my neighbor's overweight lab for a similar result.

#54 11 years ago

My wife got up this morning to go get some food for tomorrow and found this. Now we live month to month so this kinda puts a damper on things. Not to mention its supposed to snow tonight and be 31° tomorrow.

20121224_130632.jpg20121224_130632.jpg

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Sadly my "feats of strength" display went out the window when WOZ didn't show up...
    Oh well,
    I can always go biceps curl my neighbor's overweight lab for a similar result.

Just lift LOTR with one arm and Tron with the other. Problem solved!

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Someone in particular?

Nope.

#57 11 years ago

Price police, price whiners and people who loathe Capitalism in general.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

air your pinball related grievances here. Not in the Predator thread (pinballdad), not in the WOZ thread (Gambit) and not in the Avengers thread (Gerry)

#59 11 years ago

Nibbles you know you were thinking it.

#60 11 years ago

I'm pissed that I have to work on Christmas day.

#61 11 years ago

I cant really complain about anything, even for Fesitivus. I am grateful that I have pins and family and friends to share them with. I am healthy. I have a warm home and food in the pantry. I have electricity and clean water. I am employed. I am thankful.

#62 11 years ago

Sorry to hear about your family, M, (tallblondeandhot). I have been there too and learned to give knowing nothing is coming back and I am OK with that.
    Selfish, insensitive people abound at the Holidays.

My Christmas Gripe......Walmart. Bought a bicycle, that I hauled through the store for a few hours. Came home and saw it was 30% less on their website.
    So I emailed. The reply, Walmart will not price match Walmart.com. WTF!!!!
    They wanted me to order the new one online, for delivery at the store, haul the old one back for
    a return, then take the same one next to it back. Can we say, STUPID!
    The manager got an earful, and I was credited the difference, but what nonsense and time wasted
    on busy Saturday.

My Joy....My family, friends and Pinball.Wishing everyone truly the best of good health and joy!

For those that trip through Orlando, my house and pins are always open!

Art

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Who needs some repackaged BVD's?!?

Pre- skidded

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

This is why i hate the holidays, and will be canceling any form of birthday or Christmas presents for them next year. Oh, and it isnt like I am new to the family. Last week was the 10 year anniversary of my engagement to her brother. I have been around 14 years. They still dont mnow my full name and only refer to me by the nickname he calls me, if they even talk to me at all.

Hey Blondetall, or anybody else out there who buys gifts for people that don't deserve them. Here's a little scheme that might be something you would want to try.

Make a list of everybody that you buy gifts for that does not deserve them. Decide how much you would spend on each. Pick your favorite charity and write an individual check for each person to that charity. Make up mailing labels for each of your undeserving recipients and add "Donation made in the name of" to the top of it. Copy the checks and mailing labels and place in Christmas cards for each recipient to inform them of their donation. Mail the donations to your charity. Everybody wins in this one except the ones who shouldn't.

1) You get the satisfaction of making a nice donation to your favorite charity.

2) You get the satisfaction of knowing your recipients are really pissed that you gave their gift to charity, but they can't say a thing because you are on the moral high ground.

3) You are almost assured of never receiving another one of their crappy, thoughtless gifts that piss you off more than getting nothing at all from them.

4) If you include their mailing address with the donation your gift will keep on giving throughout the year as they receive reminders from the charity that they still need money, so they get to reminisce about your wonderful gift.

Feel free to use this system and you will have a better outlook on the holidays, I promise!

Happy Festivus!

Old_Hutch

#65 11 years ago

I was gonna say make a batch of brownies with some chocolate flavored Ex-lax mixed it, but I really like your idea better.

I tip my hat to you sir.

Quoted from Old_Hutch:

Hey Blondetall, or anybody else out there who buys gifts for people that don't deserve them. Here's a little scheme that might be something you would want to try.
    Make a list of everybody that you buy gifts for that does not deserve them. Decide how much you would spend on each. Pick your favorite charity and write an individual check for each person to that charity. Make up mailing labels for each of your undeserving recipients and add "Donation made in the name of" to the top of it. Copy the checks and mailing labels and place in Christmas cards for each recipient to inform them of their donation. Mail the donations to your charity. Everybody wins in this one except the ones who shouldn't.
    1) You get the satisfaction of making a nice donation to your favorite charity.
    2) You get the satisfaction of knowing your recipients are really pissed that you gave their gift to charity, but they can't say a thing because you are on the moral high ground.
    3) You are almost assured of never receiving another one of their crappy, thoughtless gifts that piss you off more than getting nothing at all from them.
    4) If you include their mailing address with the donation your gift will keep on giving throughout the year as they receive reminders from the charity that they still need money, so they get to reminisce about your wonderful gift.
    Feel free to use this system and you will have a better outlook on the holidays, I promise!
    Happy Festivus!
    Old_Hutch

#66 11 years ago

Life is grand. I'm traveling for Christmas. It's 75 and beautiful. We just set the table for dinner. 23 places. I'm having trouble thinking of grievances. All in all I despise the same thing year round. Ignorance, selfishness and violence. On a lighter note, I can't stand trolls, negative posts in a positive thread, threads asking if you can wax Mylar and mil-wax vs novus threads. Oh, and threads asking questions that can be answered in a split second with google. If this is the worst of my problems I'm doing pretty good.

#67 11 years ago

I just wish I didn't have to waste all this wrapping paper and card on presents and greetings. Most of it ends up in landfill, all for a yearly retail holiday. I've been telling my family not to wrap my presents or give me cards for years.

Haven't listened yet. Someone should tax the bloody things, that might work. 5000% tax on greetings cards because they're a needless waste.

#68 11 years ago

Well, let's see here, my 2012 recap (I know there's a way to make this like the 12 days of Christmas but I'm not that creative). It's a good thing I added on to my house when I did several years ago.

My youngest daughter moved back in with her boyfriend and had a kid. Had to make a nursery room out of her old room. My oldest daughter got married and had a kid. We got 2 Chocolate Lab pups to replace our 2 dogs we lost 3 years ago to cancer and old age. The youngest daughter's boyfiend moved out but he still shows up once in a while. The oldest daughter and family moved back in with us to get out of debt and save for a house. They took the nursery room since it was completed so now I'm cleaning up the spare bedroom for another nursery room for the 2 grandsons. With my oldest daughter, she brought back her rather loud (and messy) blue and gold macaw. There's a ton of boxed crap stacked everywhere now with only isles to walk around. The son inlaw took over a portion of my garage for his computer stuff (he wanted a piece of my gameroom ... had to draw the line somewhere).

Having said that, the above paragraph hasn't phased me in the slightest. I'm still working my a$$ off (a lot of my friends aren't), at work and on the house. We still have good health, my wife hasn't ever stopped me from buying pinballs when I want. Throughout all the noise and headaches, life is good and I have nothing to complain about. I wouldn't trade away any of it.

Merry Christmas Pinside.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

It's a good thing I added on to my house when I did several years ago.

Your last name isnt the Waltons by chance is it ?
    Wash day must be crazy there and the bathroom must be like hell to get to but like you said as long as your health is good what does it matter.

Have a Merry Christmas , blownfuse

Pin-it

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Having said that, the above paragraph hasn't phased me in the slightest.

Although your post goes against the spirit of the Airing of the Grievances, that's a great attitude blownfuse and a great example for us all.

Merry Christmas to you (and Festivus) and here's hoping that 2013 is kind to you sir!

#71 11 years ago

Now any feats of Strength

#72 11 years ago

"A waddling buffoon fueled by beer, completely out of touch with world affairs and anything to do with civilized society."

I had one of these brother-in-laws once too. Fortunately, I don't have to put up with him anymore. He died!!!

#73 11 years ago

Feats of strength was to carve my way through a shipping box to get to my NOS KISS pf. Actually not that hard but was the roughest thing I did today......

#74 11 years ago

When will the insane prices end... When I make enough for the prices to not matter as much. Never mind, I answered my own post.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

I tip my hat to you sir.

Well Jeez Starfighter, nobody's given me an "I tip my hat to you sir" since ummmm EVER!

I was so busy sharing my scheme that I forgot to air any grievances:

People who are offended.

If you are offended by something, change the station, stop reading, close your eyes, walk away, stop paying attention. JUST QUIT B*TCHING TO THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT YOU ARE OFFENDED AND WE MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT TO APPEASE YOU!

Happy Festivus!
    Merry Christmas!
    No doubt I've just offended someone. Please see the above suggestions

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Oh, and threads asking questions that can be answered in a split second with google.

Problem is, only about 0.05 % of the folks on this site have any tech savvy, and the rest seem to always be bitching about the "high prices" of pinball machines. 75% seem to more concerned their guns will be taken away from them. I'm sure most everybody but a small percentage have someone to come fix their machines. I got on this site to mostly find the answer to technical questions needed to keep these complicated machine running and performing well.

Don't forget to to spend thousands of posts for someone to write about that they saw the word 'predator' somewhere and how that relates to a future pin!

For those unhappy with the christmas gift giving thing, send every greedy person a card and spend your money on a nice cruise with your significant other, sending nice postcards of your travel!

Merry Christmas everyone!

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-festivus-air-your-grievances-here/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.