Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Coz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6f50901ebb9f16da40c3e72dc3b2d03dd199b4b2 (resized).jpg
    991DBD42-5327-43C0-A33C-7FA9A09A450C (resized).jpeg
    170A1589-975B-4F7E-A4C8-02A28B9A8763 (resized).jpeg
    9EB93DB2-17DB-4F99-9509-77A58A6B0186 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

My wife and daughter are both playing a game of pinball!! My son likes arcade games. Glad to share this hobby with the family. My son has autism and he likes the flashing lights and sounds of the games

9EB93DB2-17DB-4F99-9509-77A58A6B0186 (resized).jpeg9EB93DB2-17DB-4F99-9509-77A58A6B0186 (resized).jpeg

170A1589-975B-4F7E-A4C8-02A28B9A8763 (resized).jpeg170A1589-975B-4F7E-A4C8-02A28B9A8763 (resized).jpeg

991DBD42-5327-43C0-A33C-7FA9A09A450C (resized).jpeg991DBD42-5327-43C0-A33C-7FA9A09A450C (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Awesome! My daughter likes Tron!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dodgefolks:

Awesome! My daughter likes Tron!

It’s fun to see the excitement on their faces! Doesn’t take too much to excite my kids!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

My wife and daughter are both playing a game of pinball!! My son likes arcade games. Glad to share this hobby with the family. My son has autism and he likes the flashing lights and sounds of the games

It probably helps that their dad has a kick ass collection.

I always get a kick out of my son wanting to play, TRON is his favourite mainly because it calls out his name “Flynn”.

Pinball + family = good times.

#5 6 years ago

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

#6 6 years ago

They don’t get to play them too much, but when they do they get so excited. To me that makes owning the worth it. It’s not just for my entertainment. I just want to supervise them and make sure they take care of them. As you all know, these things ain’t cheap.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I usually don’t let them even touch my games or pins, but every now and then I let them play for a few minutes.

Boy thanks dad

#8 6 years ago

7 and 8 yr olds pretty tough on those commercial grade games, are they?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

My son with autism and other special needs has damaged a few things around the house. Just want to make sure he respects things and takes care of them. He will hurt himself or others, so it makes even the most simple thing things difficult. I’m glad fun with a game can put a smile on his face

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy thanks dad

Yeah,i should have worded that differently. I meant to say with all of their other gadgets, we usually don’t play on a daily basis. My “few minutes”’is usually a hour. I just don’t let them play my pins or arcade games by themselves.

#11 6 years ago

Looks like a great family! Glad they are enjoying the pins! That ST looks beautiful by the way.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

My son with autism and other special needs has damaged a few things around the house. Just want to make sure he respects things and takes care of them. He will hurt himself or others, so it makes even the most simple thing things difficult. I’m glad fun with a game can put a smile on his face

Wow, Coz these few words don’t describe how difficult this must be. Your first post made me smile pretty big, this one made me feel for ya, my friend. Great collection, great dad

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I feel for you, my daughter has special needs, so I understand completely! It's challenging, but very rewarding!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Who doesn’t love seeing this. Yeah, positivity on Pinside. Live it up Coz!

#15 6 years ago

I'm with ya. love seeing my family and friends play. To be honest I think that during those moments I like watching others enjoy more than I do playing myself.

#16 6 years ago

Always love seeing threads about family and kids enjoying pins. For me, that's the best thing about this hobby. Everyone can enjoy it and pins put smiles on kids faces. It reminds me of the excitement I always had stepping into an arcade as a kid and looking at all the different games.

#17 6 years ago

Blue Virus approved.

6f50901ebb9f16da40c3e72dc3b2d03dd199b4b2 (resized).jpg6f50901ebb9f16da40c3e72dc3b2d03dd199b4b2 (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkleinnd:

I thought he was talking about the Mrs.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, Coz these few words don’t describe how difficult this must be. Your first post made me smile pretty big, this one made me feel for ya, my friend. Great collection, great dad

Quoted from Dodgefolks:

I feel for you, my daughter has special needs, so I understand completely! It's challenging, but very rewarding!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Who doesn’t love seeing this. Yeah, positivity on Pinside. Live it up Coz!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! This is a great hobby and there’s a lot of nice fellow pinsiders out there. I hope you guys are having a great day and enjoying some pinball!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-dad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.