• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

17B29EF1-7DBB-4957-963C-0AB531632378 (resized).jpeg
DAC75A87-1D00-470D-AECC-6013B4865E88 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Happy Clown is one of those games where it is tough to get the ball back up to the top half of the playfield.

I'm checking to see if I need to be adjusting my slingshots more or the slope more -- how far up the playfield should the slingshots be sending the ball? Assuming a good rebound etc, should the slingshots get the ball past the large middle feature ?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Happy Clown is one of those games where it is tough to get the ball back up to the top half of the playfield.
I'm checking to see if I need to be adjusting my slingshots more or the slope more -- how far up the playfield should the slingshots be sending the ball? Assuming a good rebound etc, should the slingshots get the ball past the large middle feature ?

Here’s a good video of the game in action. Gameplay starts about halfway through.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks.

#4 1 year ago

I just finished shopping out a Happy Clown, you should able to get the ball up into the pop bumpers with the flippers.

The slingshots have some pop but not enough to send the ball up to the pop bumpers.

Alberto

17B29EF1-7DBB-4957-963C-0AB531632378 (resized).jpeg17B29EF1-7DBB-4957-963C-0AB531632378 (resized).jpegDAC75A87-1D00-470D-AECC-6013B4865E88 (resized).jpegDAC75A87-1D00-470D-AECC-6013B4865E88 (resized).jpeg
#5 1 year ago

My slingshots are getting them about up to the mid section where the tents are on the pf. So that looks about right.

Thanks.

Peruman
What's the trick to getting the roto to lock into place real reliably? I’ve cleaned & lubed the gears and it mostly works well. But sometimes the platter doesn’t snap into place.

#6 1 year ago

I used the instructions for cleaning and adjusting a roto target. I have seen that link floating here on Pinside several times.

To be honest, I got lucky that this roto target worked really well so I just did some minor cleaning.

Alberto

#7 1 year ago

Yup. I probably saw it too, it was a while back. Probably my gears are just worn down.

#8 1 year ago

Check the gear stops too, when working with roto units I have found the adjustment of those to be more important.

Alberto

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-clown-question?hl=peruman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.