(Topic ID: 240282)

Happy Anniversary! Iconic Imamaculate Baywatch Thread Turns One Today!

By AFM95

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AFM95
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is your Favorite Part of the Imamaculate Baywatch Thread?”

• Imamaculate is now on urbandictionary.com 19 votes
    14%
  • You finally now know who Larry Elmore is 3 votes
    2%
  • As a Baywatch pin owner, you were really hoping that it would sell at $3,500 4 votes
    3%
  • The incredible funny GIFs TheHueManatee and others created 42 votes
    31%
  • Finding out legless pins are the future 6 votes
    4%
  • Getting threats of litigation, and encouraging the OP to follow through 9 votes
    7%
  • The 2100+ posts really made work fly by 15 votes
    11%
  • There is a sequel to this thread called "I sure do miss the 600 play Baywatch thread" 10 votes
    7%
  • Receiving a commemorative postcard with threatening language on it, in jest, from wantdataeast 5 votes
    4%
  • Finding out that the OP is actually an incredible nice guy 21 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 134 votes by 72 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190725_230805 (resized).jpg
output_v6bV8P.gif
E77495D7-21A7-4479-B8F1-2162F2D247A1 (resized).jpeg
Legendary.jpg
#1 5 years ago

It was one year ago today, that a legend began. A gentleman from Lexington, Kentucky; introduced us to a new word that had meaning beyond immaculate. He has sold ice to Eskimos and legless pinball machines to the general public. He had copyrights that he claimed to exist, and was going to sue your ass if you didn't believe him. Then... he got soft on us and became a cool dude.

Happy Anniversary @wantdataeast! Here's to giving us at Pinside 90 days of incredible banter, laughs, and endless GIFs/memes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-baywatch-nearly-imamaculate

AND

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread/

Legendary.jpgLegendary.jpg

#3 5 years ago

Holy Shit...!!!...that was a year already...???...........Joey

#4 5 years ago

I miss that thread so much the imamaculate Baywatch will live forever in our hearts.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Holy Shit...!!!...that was a year already...???...........Joey

I thought the same thing too.

It's definitely going to be a reread for me. The GIFs and memes are some of the best I've seen.

#6 5 years ago

All of the above

E77495D7-21A7-4479-B8F1-2162F2D247A1 (resized).jpegE77495D7-21A7-4479-B8F1-2162F2D247A1 (resized).jpeg
#8 5 years ago

Now only if we could get an official comment from wantdataeast or an ingenious new GIF from ImNotNorm ...

#9 5 years ago

"Georgeous" is the "imamaculate" of 2019!!!

#10 5 years ago

This is ancient history. I'm happy to eagerly await the glory of the future Pinball Buzz thread that is about to launch.

#11 5 years ago

The fact that wantdataeast took all of our ribbing and then turned the corner to have fun along with the rest of us AND prove that he really is a great guy - for me that was not only the best part of the thread, but one of the best things about Pinside at the time.

It WAS a highly entertaining thread! Thanks ImNotNorm !

#12 5 years ago

That's a great poll OP - well done covering so many of the reasons to love the thread. Only problem I want to pick more than 1 (went with the GIFs)!!! Man I remember loving this thread at work and I was on vacation in Vegas and was still glued to the thread in between throwing dice!

#13 5 years ago

Holy cow who knew it was possible for a 1 year old thread to still bring us all this continued humor!

#14 5 years ago

Hard to believe our baby is 1 already. God how time flies. Look how long her legs are now. Cherish every moment because before you know it they have left the nest.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

That's a great poll OP - well done covering so many of the reasons to love the thread. Only problem I want to pick more than 1 (went with the GIFs)!!! Man I remember loving this thread at work and I was on vacation in Vegas and was still glued to the thread in between throwing dice!

Thanks @hockeymag8

I did allow multiple choices for the poll since it's hard to pick just one. Feel free to update your selection(s).

#16 5 years ago

Didn't the original thread end up raising money for a charitable cause? IIRC the personalized postcard/print/special soil were sent after a donation was made. What was the charity, a Childrens Hospital or something like that?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

Didn't the original thread end up raising money for a charitable cause? IIRC the personalized postcard/print/special soil were sent after a donation was made. What was the charity, a Childrens Hospital or something like that?

It was the second thread - "I sure do miss the 600 play Baywatch thread."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-sure-do-miss-the-600-play-baywatch-thread/

#18 5 years ago

What an incredible time to be alive! Can't believe it was that long ago

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thanks @hockeymag8
I did allow multiple choices for the poll since it's hard to pick just one. Feel free to update your selection(s).

Nice!! Done!!

#20 5 years ago

Literally had tears from laughing so hard! TheHueManatee was pure genius!

#21 5 years ago

TheHueManatee is currently on holiday but I'm sure he's going to appreciate the koodoos .

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

TheHueManatee is currently on holiday but I'm sure he's going to appreciate the koodoos .

Just got back and saw this thread. LOL

I voted for the OP turning out to be a great guy with an awesome sense of humour. That was my favorite part of the whole imamaculate baywatch thread(s).

Happy Anniversary!!

output_v6bV8P.gifoutput_v6bV8P.gif

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just got back and saw this thread. LOL
Happy Anniversary!!
[quoted image]

He’s back! He’s back! Now head over to the jury duty thread and work your magic!

#24 5 years ago

So good!

#25 5 years ago

I lost it when the machine was in Super Mario land, and the "bad mushroom" showed up, and the legs on the machine disappeared.

Absolutely loved that one.

#26 5 years ago

I had to vote for the GIF's that ImNotNorm and Coz and many others posted...although it was a tough decision.
During that thread's hey day, my coworkers were prolly wondering what I was laughing at...…

The thread did a 180, with money raised for charity, postcards, dirt, lawsuit threats and pics being traded.....and eventually everything worked out in the end.....

I really do miss that thread.....always good for a laugh while im having a crappy day at work….

Well played gents, well played.

#27 5 years ago

While I appreciate the shout out, I would like to reiterate that this was a group effort & that there were many pinsiders who made hilarious contributions.(@swillie, @wantdataeast, @coz, @cosmokramer, @atari_daze, AFM95 just to name a few)

No thread will ever come close to replicating the hilarity of the imamaculate baywatch thread(s).

Thanks for all the laughs folks!!

#28 5 years ago

I spoke to wantdataeast a few months ago. As of February 1st, the imamaculate Baywatch was still in his possession.

3 months later
#29 4 years ago

I wonder if "wantdataeast" would consider this trade?

20190725_230805 (resized).jpg20190725_230805 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 22.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 259.00
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-anniversary?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.