1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Giulio
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Happy birthday to Gottlieb pinball designer Wayne Neyens, who reached the respectable age of 101 years old today!
    To read all about Wayne's most interesting career in pinball, including his 180 pinball designs and much more, check out Pinball Magazine No. 5.
    www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

#2 1 year ago

Wow, what a living legend!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Neyens! Someone go read him some Pinside birthday comments!

#3 1 year ago

In addition to my original post: I talked to Wayne about an hour ago. He's still in decent shape, although he started walking with a cane for better balance. He's still living on his own, still driving his car, doing his own shopping, cooking his own meals. Today, he had about 12 people come over for lunch to celebrate his birthday. He also received about a dozen phone calls and a bunch of postcards from people wishing him a happy birthday.

#4 1 year ago

Awesome! I have so much respect for the early designers! We can all hope to be as vibrant at his age.

#5 1 year ago

Long live Wayne!

Here's a great informational video featuring the man himself.

#6 1 year ago

Happy Birthday to a living pinball legend. 101 & still going strong - awesome!

#7 1 year ago

Happy Birthday to "The Man" Going to play Stage Coach in your honor!!

#8 1 year ago

Happy birthday Mr. Neyens!

Thank you for so many great pinball games!

#9 1 year ago

Happy birthday Wayne!

#10 1 year ago

Wow. May we all be so lucky just to make it as far as Wayne has, not to mention such an illustrious career!

#11 1 year ago

Happy Birthday to a gentleman who has entertained us with his pinball designs before, since, and after we were kids and into our adult lives. Thanks for all the decades of fun Wayne.

#12 1 year ago

Wow! Incredible! Keep on trucking sir! Thanks for all your contributions to pinball. I'm very thankful and Happy Birthday.

#13 1 year ago

I had the pleasure of wishing him a very Happy Birthday on the phone. He is still as vibrant as ever.

As part of his 100th celebration, the Pacific Pinball Museum presented him with a trophy of sorts with three score reels mounted on it.

On his hundredth birthday, they incremented the reels from 99 to 100. When I visited Wayne earlier this year after TPF, he let me know that as soon as he turned 101, he would be incrementing it again.

As we finished up the conversation yesterday, I jokingly asked if he was going to increment that counter. He said, "that was the first thing I did this morning!"

Happy Birthday, Wayne!

#14 1 year ago

Wow. I'd love to meet him. What a gift to the whole world his designs have been.

#15 1 year ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!!!!

#16 1 year ago

Pinball 101 should be re-issued with him on the cover! A belated Happy Birthday Mr Neyens

#17 1 year ago

Happy Birthday Wayne! Reading your story in Pinball Magazine is inspiring. Your life's work has brought happiness and joy to millions of pinball players-- including me. Best Wishes to you for a great 101st year!

#18 1 year ago

When one man is part of pinball history as you, Sir, this man is forever a young heart.
    Congratulations Mr.Neyens, I give such a big hug to you, you are The Pinball Man and I salute your birthday.
    I did enjoy so much reading about your history in Pinball Magazine.

101 is the coolest age number, by the way!

You saw passing by the XX century, and you made millions of people play your pinball tables.
    That's amazing.

You, Pinball Wizard, shine on.

Ciao

#19 1 year ago

Happy Birthday Wayne! If you could make it to expo this Oct I would love to meet you.
    Thank you for all you've done for pinball!!

#20 1 year ago

Living to be over 100 and still playing pinball will be a dream for me. Congratulations Mr. Neyens.

#21 1 year ago

Still driving his car at age 101.

Legend!

11 months later
    #22 7 months ago

102 and still going!

#23 7 months ago

Wow! A lot of longevity in pinball. Guys like Wayne, Kordek, and Ed Krinski seemed to live forever.

#24 7 months ago

Happy 102 Wayne! Thanks for the great games!

#25 7 months ago

I just wished Wayne a Happy 102nd Birthday!

Wayne is still doing very well, and at 102 is still living by himself at home.

He is very pleased to have hit this milestone. I asked, "so what's next?" He responded, "103, of course!"

Wayne is a treasure and I feel so fortunate that we have gotten to know him through Coin-Op Carnival.

#26 7 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, what a living legend!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Neyens! Someone go read him some Pinside birthday comments!

Amazing, already another year!
    Happy 102nd birthday to Wayne!

#27 7 months ago

Happy Big 102 Birthday Wayne!!

Thanks again for all the fun!!

#28 7 months ago

Just called Wayne and wished him a happy 102nd birthday. I recorded a small interview for the upcoming Pinball Magazine & Pinball News podcast as well.

#29 7 months ago

How awesome that this pinball legend lives to celebrate his 102nd birthday. Congratulations to him!

unigroove Thank you for taking the time to create the issue of Pinball Magazine containing the eleborate interview with mister Neyens. It's what I currently read before I go to sleep and I think it's legendary. It gives amazing insights. Not only into the life of a pinball designer, but also into Gottlieb's history and pinball history in general. A very valuable document for our hobby.

#30 7 months ago

Happy birthday Mr. Neyens!

#31 6 months ago

This man really rocks the pinball scene! and he's 102. Fantastic. Happy Birthday Mr.Neyens. You legend

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 19.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 125.00
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside