Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Giulio
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg
    PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Happy birthday to Gottlieb pinball designer Wayne Neyens, who reached the respectable age of 101 years old today!
    To read all about Wayne's most interesting career in pinball, including his 180 pinball designs and much more, check out Pinball Magazine No. 5.
    www.pinball-magazine.com/shop/

PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpgPM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Wow, what a living legend!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Neyens! Someone go read him some Pinside birthday comments!

#3 4 years ago

In addition to my original post: I talked to Wayne about an hour ago. He's still in decent shape, although he started walking with a cane for better balance. He's still living on his own, still driving his car, doing his own shopping, cooking his own meals. Today, he had about 12 people come over for lunch to celebrate his birthday. He also received about a dozen phone calls and a bunch of postcards from people wishing him a happy birthday.

#4 4 years ago

Awesome! I have so much respect for the early designers! We can all hope to be as vibrant at his age.

#5 4 years ago

Long live Wayne!

Here's a great informational video featuring the man himself.

#6 4 years ago

Happy Birthday to a living pinball legend. 101 & still going strong - awesome!

#7 4 years ago

Happy Birthday to "The Man" Going to play Stage Coach in your honor!!

#8 4 years ago

Happy birthday Mr. Neyens!

Thank you for so many great pinball games!

#9 4 years ago

Happy birthday Wayne!

#10 4 years ago

Wow. May we all be so lucky just to make it as far as Wayne has, not to mention such an illustrious career!

#11 4 years ago

Happy Birthday to a gentleman who has entertained us with his pinball designs before, since, and after we were kids and into our adult lives. Thanks for all the decades of fun Wayne.

#12 4 years ago

Wow! Incredible! Keep on trucking sir! Thanks for all your contributions to pinball. I'm very thankful and Happy Birthday.

#13 4 years ago

I had the pleasure of wishing him a very Happy Birthday on the phone. He is still as vibrant as ever.

As part of his 100th celebration, the Pacific Pinball Museum presented him with a trophy of sorts with three score reels mounted on it.

On his hundredth birthday, they incremented the reels from 99 to 100. When I visited Wayne earlier this year after TPF, he let me know that as soon as he turned 101, he would be incrementing it again.

As we finished up the conversation yesterday, I jokingly asked if he was going to increment that counter. He said, "that was the first thing I did this morning!"

Happy Birthday, Wayne!

#14 4 years ago

Wow. I'd love to meet him. What a gift to the whole world his designs have been.

#15 4 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!!!!

#16 4 years ago

Pinball 101 should be re-issued with him on the cover! A belated Happy Birthday Mr Neyens

#17 4 years ago

Happy Birthday Wayne! Reading your story in Pinball Magazine is inspiring. Your life's work has brought happiness and joy to millions of pinball players-- including me. Best Wishes to you for a great 101st year!

#18 4 years ago

When one man is part of pinball history as you, Sir, this man is forever a young heart.
    Congratulations Mr.Neyens, I give such a big hug to you, you are The Pinball Man and I salute your birthday.
    I did enjoy so much reading about your history in Pinball Magazine.

101 is the coolest age number, by the way!

You saw passing by the XX century, and you made millions of people play your pinball tables.
    That's amazing.

You, Pinball Wizard, shine on.

Ciao

#19 4 years ago

Happy Birthday Wayne! If you could make it to expo this Oct I would love to meet you.
    Thank you for all you've done for pinball!!

#20 4 years ago

Living to be over 100 and still playing pinball will be a dream for me. Congratulations Mr. Neyens.

#21 4 years ago

Still driving his car at age 101.

Legend!

11 months later
    #22 3 years ago

102 and still going!

#23 3 years ago

Wow! A lot of longevity in pinball. Guys like Wayne, Kordek, and Ed Krinski seemed to live forever.

#24 3 years ago

Happy 102 Wayne! Thanks for the great games!

#25 3 years ago

I just wished Wayne a Happy 102nd Birthday!

Wayne is still doing very well, and at 102 is still living by himself at home.

He is very pleased to have hit this milestone. I asked, "so what's next?" He responded, "103, of course!"

Wayne is a treasure and I feel so fortunate that we have gotten to know him through Coin-Op Carnival.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow, what a living legend!! Happy Birthday to Mr. Neyens! Someone go read him some Pinside birthday comments!

Amazing, already another year!
    Happy 102nd birthday to Wayne!

#27 3 years ago

Happy Big 102 Birthday Wayne!!

Thanks again for all the fun!!

#28 3 years ago

Just called Wayne and wished him a happy 102nd birthday. I recorded a small interview for the upcoming Pinball Magazine & Pinball News podcast as well.

PM05 cover (small) (resized).jpgPM05 cover (small) (resized).jpg
    #29 3 years ago

How awesome that this pinball legend lives to celebrate his 102nd birthday. Congratulations to him!

unigroove Thank you for taking the time to create the issue of Pinball Magazine containing the eleborate interview with mister Neyens. It's what I currently read before I go to sleep and I think it's legendary. It gives amazing insights. Not only into the life of a pinball designer, but also into Gottlieb's history and pinball history in general. A very valuable document for our hobby.

#30 3 years ago

Happy birthday Mr. Neyens!

#31 3 years ago

This man really rocks the pinball scene! and he's 102. Fantastic. Happy Birthday Mr.Neyens. You legend

11 months later
    #32 2 years ago

It's been another year and Wayne Neyens is still with us, celebrating his 103rd birthday today (July 29). Happy birthday Wayne! I talked to Wayne last night and he still sounds very fresh, especially for a 103-year-old. I hope he's having a wnderful birthday.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

It's been another year and Wayne Neyens is still with us, celebrating his 103rd birthday today (July 29).

Amazing! We could all be so lucky to have had a wonderful career doing something we love and continue to be connected and thought of so well. What a great designer and long lasting contributor to the industry and the hobby we all love! Happy birthday Wayne!

#34 2 years ago

Amazing!

His designs hit the mark time and time again.

An all time great.

#35 2 years ago

Happy Birthday to Wayne! One of the nicest people I've ever met, and an amazing designer and engineer.

-Edit- I spoke with him a few moments ago and let him know that many people were wishing him Happy Birthday over the Internet. He is celebrating today with a close group of family and friends and is incrementing (from 102 to 103) the trophy presented to him on his 100th birthday by the PPM (it had three score reels that they clicked from 99 to 100 when they presented it to him).

#36 2 years ago

Happy birthday Wayne!

And thank you!

#37 2 years ago

Happy Birthday!

#38 2 years ago

For that age he looks like a teenager! The guy must be like a walking pinball history book. I only have two EMs left but one is my '53 Poker Face which I love playing. Happy Birthday Wayne Neyens!

#39 2 years ago

Wow, Happy Birthday!

#40 2 years ago

I play Frontiersman almost every night. It and Majorettes are one of my all time favorite games. Happy Birthday Wayne and thanks for the fun.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Amazing, already another year!
    Happy 102nd birthday to Wayne!

Extra Ball! 103 how great!! Happy birthday to Wayne, and congrats on his youthfulness! The man is doing better than many people in their 60s and 70s!!!

#42 2 years ago

Happy birthday Wayne!
    I am still playing my Spirit of 76 every night!

#43 2 years ago

Happy belated 103rd birthday Wayne!

3 weeks later
    #44 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

Amazing! We could all be so lucky to have had a wonderful career doing something we love and continue to be connected and thought of so well. What a great designer and long lasting contributor to the industry and the hobby we all love! Happy birthday Wayne!

He' really doing Hi Score! Long live.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-101st-birthday-wayne-neyens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.