Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by unigroove
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180801_002134 (resized).jpg
    wayne (resized).jpg
    IMG951242 (resized).jpg
    2018-07-28 20.23.46 (resized).jpg
    IMG951110 (resized).jpg
    basPin3 29 16 044 (resized).JPG
    81f38ce7c89f9d7bda8eeb1a6f31590107b15440.jpg (resized).png
    20180728_155923 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwoHeartedMale.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

everyone go check out the interview with the legend himself on the E.M. dungeon feature of the spooky pinball podcast! its well worth the time, and I think we all kind of of owe it to him, he is a pillar of the pinball world.

Happy Birthday Sir, Thank you for making this hobby so great for so many great years!!!!

#9 5 years ago

I just realized that I'm getting my first E.M. tomorrow!!! Its not a Wayne creation, but any E.M. always makes me think of all the great innovations that Mr. Neyens invented. So that's how I'm celebrating his Bday.

I say that That July 29th now be know as National E.M. day! or National Flipper day!!!!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I had the absolute honor of joining Wayne Neyens for his 100th birthday celebration.
    Much can and has been said about his amazing designs, sharp engineering mind, and beautiful games - more than I can articulate here.
    Wayne is a marvel in more ways than one:
    1) Building games as quickly as possible to try to keep all the factory workers on the line. People mean a lot to Wayne and it shows.
    2) A troubleshooting master - his understanding of the circuits he designed is still as sharp as can be.
    3) A centenarian
    4) A true gentleman, humble, always kind and helpful to all around him.
    5) An excellent pinball player (yes, even at 100 years old!)
    One small story that means a lot to me from the celebration -
    The afternoon before his birthday, we gathered to play his beautiful Spirit of '76 (if you are not aware of that story, please, listen to the interview with Wayne at http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-392-interview-with-wayne-neyens-01-18-2017).
    The top qualifier got to play against the man himself! Friendly competition ensued and I was able to make a high score after several attempts. The suggestion was made to take the top three finishers and face off against the master. This was a once-in-a-lifetime experience - to play pinball with -the- Wayne Neyens. He got double my score! It was incredible to watch him play.
    Wayne has given me a gift that I can never repay. His games have stood the test of time, his kind spirit and friendly nature are an inspiration.
    Thank you, Wayne, for everything you have done and continue to do for pinball, and for the world.
    -Nick
    [quoted image]

wow........ that's amazing!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TwoHeartedMale.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happy-100th-birthday-wayne-neyens?tu=TwoHeartedMale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.