Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Whiffle-05 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Pinball Wizards news Gary Stern

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the info. I checked it out.

#4 7 years ago

There you have it; the last 2% of a machine's design is magic...

#5 7 years ago

TV show. Story now over. Had Gary Stern and the Sharpes on. Quick but got pinball in the news.

#6 7 years ago

The best link was to tune your teevee to a CBS (not CBC) station.

#7 7 years ago

sweet!

#8 7 years ago

I just happen to be flipping the channel and there it was! The wife and I enjoyed watching it

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Meaning..."Make these things disappear quickly!".

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I wasn't sure if that meant the machine wasn't magic if they didn't finish the code... Or that it took magic for them to finish the code.

#11 7 years ago

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/this-week-on-sunday-morning-feb-12/

Paragraph near the bottom. Looks like it's missing a link to the video segment.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

They should add a link in an hour or two. Unless it requires "magic".

#13 7 years ago

Video is up at the posted link. Must disable Ad-Blocker

#14 7 years ago

Nice segment ,it validates our pinball obsessions

#15 7 years ago

Great segment!

#16 7 years ago

Didn't know the Tommy opera history, that was cool. Thanks CBS

#18 7 years ago

Great piece..........Expect another Stern price increase within a year! Lol

#19 7 years ago

Very cool
    Did you guys see slimer dragging his ass all over everything?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Thanks for the link.

Gary is always good in interviews and I never get tired of the Sharpe story.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks for the link.
    Gary is always good in interviews and I never get tired of the Sharpe story.

It's on the CBS news app as well.

Figures, they edited out the best part of the "Sharpe Saves Pinball" story, how he was kicking butt on the game he knew, they made him switch to one he didn't, and it wasn't going well, then in desperation he "called the shot" on a plunger launch (which really is pretty random) and made it!

#22 7 years ago

"Stern pinball factory has a 2-1/2 month backlog"

this sentence by itself implies they can't keep up with demand. The truth is they are behind on past orders because of the quality issues.

#23 7 years ago

need to get CBS to come to Pinburgh

#24 7 years ago

They stole the picture of the Whiffle game at 3:19 off of my web site!

Whiffle-05 (resized).JPGWhiffle-05 (resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

Caught about 5 minutes of story before heading to church. Very cool.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Caught about 5 minutes of story before heading to church. Very cool.

Amen.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

They stole the picture of the Whiffle game at 3:19 off of my web site!

They might have done it accidentally.

I had a picture of mine used in a news article online. I contacted them, and they found it with generic pictures. They did remove it from the online article, and marked it so if they ever used it again, I would get credit.

Contact them and let them know.

LTG : )

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They might have done it accidentally.
    I had a picture of mine used in a news article online. I contacted them, and they found it with generic pictures. They did remove it from the online article, and marked it so if they ever used it again, I would get credit.
    Contact them and let them know.

Why would you care if they use your picture? Maybe if you were the creator of the game I might understand.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Why would you care if they use your picture?

The article used a picture that was clearly of the back wall of my business and pinball machines, and had it labeled as a different arcade. One that didn't have pinball machines.

I was concerned that any good will or business it might generate for my business, would be going to the wrong business.

I had no problem with other locations getting advertising. Only that the article should have used the right picture with the right place.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

"Stern pinball factory has a 2-1/2 month backlog"
    this sentence by itself implies they can't keep up with demand. The truth is they are behind on past orders because of the quality issues.

A lot of this footage was shot during the past October's Chicago Expo.
    That's my Checkpoint pop bumpers area & Black Sheep Squadron from 3:02 to 3:12 mark. They used a little 1" ice cube sized camera's placed on the playfield while they tossed the ball around. Cameras got smacked around pretty good during the filming. (they did about 6-7 different shots/angles in my machine).
    I had forgotten all about them doing this, after nothing appeared on TV over the next few weeks after Expo. I guess they needed a filler story this week. Nice to see.

1 week later
    #31 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The article used a picture that was clearly of the back wall of my business and pinball machines, and had it labeled as a different arcade. One that didn't have pinball machines.
    I was concerned that any good will or business it might generate for my business, would be going to the wrong business.
    I had no problem with other locations getting advertising. Only that the article should have used the right picture with the right place.

Oh, o.k. That's different than if they were just trying to use a stock photo of a game and chose one you happen to post.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/happening-now-on-cbs-news-this-morning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.