Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am selling about 190lbs of Legos or looking to trade for a machine. An offer was made today to trade for two Hang Glider machines. One working. One for parts.

I estimate the Legos to be worth about $2,500 if I was willing to sell it piece by piece on ebay. Which I am not because, dang, that's a second job right there. I've never played Hang Glider.

Thoughts? Opinions?

#2 9 years ago

Hang glider is a fun game, needs to be waxed up, fast, and the spinner juiced.

I saw your ad on CL. The only way you are getting 2500 bucks for legos is if they're separated into their actual components, in the box. You don't get to have it both ways...you can say "XYZ" is here but if you're selling or trading huge bins of legos how the crap is the buyer supposed to know what they're really getting? Sit there and inventory every pieces? You're gonna take a hit selling them in bulk.

That SAID... two hang gliders is not worth even 2k, IMO. If you have a great backglass, a great playield, and a great cabinet between the two of them, my best estimate is in the 1200-1500 range, and that's really assuming that the one that does work has no issues with functionality at all. EM's can be a real bear to get going properly, especially if you have no experience.

The other caveat is that your likely crossover between pinball collectors and "people willing to spend thousands of dollars on injection moulded plastic" is probably not a huge overlap. It's my opinion that you would be better off separating the legos into their kits, selling them separately, then outright buying a pinball machine you want...in good condition... and not taking on a huge project if this is your first game.

#3 9 years ago

Here's another option. This guy is selling random pieces by the pound.. for 20 bucks a pound? Sure, you would loose some in fees, but at 190 lbs this is 3800 - fees... way ahead of the 2.5k you are trying to get for them..

ebay.com link: like

#4 9 years ago

well, if you truly value the legos at 2500, it's a horrible deal for you... 2 very nice hang gliders wouldn't be "worth" 2500, let alone 1 that needs work and 1 that is a parts machine...

but are they REALLY "worth" 2500? as you (correctly) point out, attempting to sell them on ebay would be a 2nd job... taking pictures of everything, making listings, having to pack and ship, deal with non-paying buyers, re-listing because they haven't sold, etc... in my mind, that significantly devalues the product (would be true of anything, not just legos)...

#5 9 years ago

Frax, ccotenj, thank you both so much for the input.

I agree that the way I am selling the Lego is lazy. I am lazy. This is a lazy sale. I put the number at $2,500 for the purpose of haggling. But I am in no hurry to get rid of them.

This is a fantastic line: "The other caveat is that your likely crossover between pinball collectors and "people willing to spend thousands of dollars on injection moulded plastic" is probably not a huge overlap."

I may go the ebay route. Or I may sell to an individual that is offering $1,500 cash.

And thank you both so much for the heads up on Hang Glider.

#6 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure Xerico is bringing the Hang Glider I sold him to TPF if you're interested in playing one first, too.

#7 9 years ago

Owned a Hang Glider and found it to be fun. One of the better EM's not made by Gottlieb who were the EM experts.

#8 9 years ago

Selling all 190lbs piece by piece is a fantastic plan. Actually, if you have a LEGO Plate 3 x 2 with Hole (3176) I'd like to buy it. It retails at Lego for $.26 so if you will pay the shipping I'll offer you $.25

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from kidray43221:

Selling all 190lbs piece by piece is a fantastic plan. Actually, if you have a LEGO Plate 3 x 2 with Hole (3176) I'd like to buy it. It retails at Lego for $.26 so if you will pay the shipping I'll offer you $.25

I can't tell if this is a troll post, or if you're actually THAT stupid.

*edit* Actually, now that I think about it.. If A=TRUE, then B=TRUE as well, so either way, you're screwed.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can't tell if this is a troll post, or if you're actually THAT stupid.
*edit* Actually, now that I think about it.. If A=TRUE, then B=TRUE as well, so either way, you're screwed.

both "a" and "b"...

#11 9 years ago

25cents is low. I'll go .30 for that 3x2 piece. Can you send with tracking number? Also if you have any 'project' pieces with scratched plastic.. Bite marks.. Dents etc I'd be interested in those. Looking for some restore projects

#12 9 years ago

Rough idea on the kits that make up 190lbs of legos?

I may be interested.

#13 9 years ago

And two for the ignore list..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hang-glider-for-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.