(Topic ID: 296510)

Handling private sale LTL delivery vs NIB

By chickenscratch

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I’ve taken in freight from NIB before, which is a straight forward process. The distributor I use is very clear about always leaning towards refusing delivery if anything appears damaged, or at worst, writing notes on BoL and taking pictures.

However, today I’ll be taking in my first pre-owned pin and curious if process is any different. I couldn’t imagine a private seller would ever want me to refuse shipping, especially if it was I who arranged the freight.

So is there a better/unwritten protocol here, if it comes in today and looks damaged? Do I just always accept, note everything on BoL and take pics, or is there still a case for ever completely refusing delivery, even if I set it all up?

Where would the pin even go if refused, and seller has no space left? How would I be certain seller would refund me? Would it even on them to do so, or should this be completely done through freight insurance?

This is where I’m confused, and why I’m assuming one would just always accept delivery when a private sale?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I can't imagine most sellers would send you a machine using your shipping arrangements without a full payment up front. So then I also assume most would not be willing to then accept a damaged machine back and provide a refund. Any damage or insurance claims are now on you and your shipper.

That’s exactly what I figured, and not using the same process as NIB delivery - thanks! Cross all my fingers and toes it looks a-ok when it arrives in 10 min here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chickenscratch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/handling-private-sale-ltl-delivery-vs-nib-?tu=chickenscratch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.