Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Mhulsebu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140403110539-Motordome (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mhulsebu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 6 years ago

That Motordome is now owned the the Iowa Spinal Cord Association thanks to Homepin and many other pinsiders donating to help them buy it. It was created by a company called Arcade Access (supposedly 10 were made but I think most have been destroyed) and has many features that make accessible:

1) Cut out cabinet so a wheelchair user can get their legs under the machine.
    2) Bowed out lets to allow even more space for wider chairs (also wheels so it can be brought to a person sitting in a chair or on a bed)
    3) Lower legs for a better view of somone in a chair
    4) A launch button (Motordome came with a standard plunger) for people with limited arm/hand use
    5) Large up front buttons for start button, each flipper, and launch (again for people with limited arm/hand use or short arms that can't reach each side of the cabinet).
    6) It also has a sip/puff controller but I haven't been able to get that to work well or consistently...still trying.

I am also trying to get it set up so I can switch an Eight Ball Champ (also a Bally 6803 unit) into the cabinet to give some variety (and I think it is probably an easier to understand concept for new players.

My wife is a quadriplegic who has come to learn to really like pinball. When not using this machine, we usually have to play split flipper as her legs in her wheelchair are too tall to fit under a machine. So she has to sit sideways next to the coin door and is only to reach one flipper easily. She is surprisingly good at playing like this...especially considering she is often sitting low enough that she can't see the lower 3/4 of the flipper.

You might be surprise how many pinball players with disabilities there are.

#12 6 years ago

There is also this topic which deals with one-armed playing:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mhulsebu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/handicapped-access-to-pinball?tu=Mhulsebu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.