(Topic ID: 307970)

Handicap Rules to play with Less Skilled Players?

By BriannaWu

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

I find the most common problem when i have casual-player friends or family over, or even the old lady, is that my ball times are so much longer that I have to fake draining. It’s agonizing for everyone and like you said, just not fun!

I usually crank out some hard games before everyone comes, get my fix, then float and play as fast and loose as I can when they’re over. No catching the ball or anything. Which is fun too, just not about high scores.

Getting a couple more titles has helped my wife stick it out longer. She’ll session deadpool the whole time and ill bounce between tmnt and whirlwind. So buy more games and play the lonely one!

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

My wife is left handed and I am right handed. We play together against the machine. Used to be called "Zen Tournament style".
    I'm able to show her what to shoot for as it's happening, I also ask her what I should shoot for a lot (BLINKY LIGHT!!!!). MOST of our machines have high score CPU (Chris Pam Us). For real. I play as hard as I can alone to get high scores, but when we are in the zone we OFTEN blow way over that. It's really fun - beating our previous CPU is satisfying as hell, and beating the high score together is CELEBRATION. I seriously find playing together against the pin to be FAR MORE FUN. (and yeah we switch flippers alot during the nights). Pins are just one more fun thing we do together. Do I rub it in when I beat the CPU score? HELL YEAH. Then it becomes a new challenge to beat, together.
    Give it a try!

Me and the wife do the same thing from time to time, but the CPU is a great idea! Even if you don't log a CPU on the game itself, you can easily keep track on the ol' whiteboard or iScored app.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/handicap-rules-to-play-with-less-skilled-players?tu=Mahoyvan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.