• Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2526 (resized).JPG
IMG_2501 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Can anyone explain to me why the mini playfield magnet in Cirqus Voltaire looks like it was beat with a hammer? I've seen a lot of machines that all share this characteristic. I wanted to replace mine, but the hammering actually prevents you from removing the coil :/.

IMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Yeah weird right?
Seen that a lot,i think it has to do something with molecules re arranging caused by the electro magnet.
Must be something scientific like that.

No way! That can't be possible, the other one on the juggler lock looks perfect. Have other people with magnets seen anything like this?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty normal on a magnet that has grabbed 1000s of balls. If you want to remove it, just unscrew the locknut and screw the core on thru.

No kidding? That is amazing! Thanks for the info!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's called mushrooming. Happens because the ball is harder than the core. This is done on purpose so it doesn't chew up the ball. Nothing a dremel can't grind off.

I love that you guys have all this knowledge!

So o-din you're saying I just I bore through the entire thing with a metal drilling bit?

IMG_2526 (resized).JPGIMG_2526 (resized).JPG

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Call me crazy, but I would just buy a new magnet coil and be done...

Ok. Let me clear up the confusion. The last picture is an entirely new core, the first picture is the original mushroomed out core. I cannot remove the mushroom core without damaging the magnet. Unless I can shave off the mushroom like CaptainNeo suggested.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

I had the same problem with my highwire lock magnet. I took a simple rasp (that is smooth on at least one side), placed it flat on the top of the magnet (smooth side flat on the magnet, rough side facing towards the core) and ground off just the "overhang" all around the core that is blocking the magnet. Took less than a minute. You don't need to shave off the complete top of the core, just the little rim around the core.
The metal is very soft, it comes off easily when hit with a rasp.

Awesome! I'll give this a try tonight!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yup. I get it. CV owner. Take the new core. Put a new magnet coil on it. And be done. Throw the old one away.

Lol...I see, just replace everything . I will if I can't get it out in a clean way...granted now I have to worry about my damn ringmaster because it broke shortly after I put everything back together!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Ha, yeah, I get that you could grind it down, but the coil is cheap, and we all know you need to order from Marco anyways

HAHAHA! You're so right...f'ing Marco's shipping is so bad I end up creating a huge list of stuff I need before I order.

#25 6 years ago

Totally! I end up needing like 5 small things that are 20 cents each.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hand-hammered-cirqus-voltaire?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.