Topic poll

“Are you buying a HOTG kit?”

• Hell yeah, I love it! 9 votes
    7%
  • Yes, if the art and inserts gets tightened up 5 votes
    4%
  • Maybe, if enough parts become available to build one from scratch. 1 vote
    1%
  • Maybe, depends on the price and availability of the sound card and displays. 3 votes
    2%
  • Maybe, if I can find a Vector somewhere. 14 votes
    11%
  • No, the art is not what I expect from a Led Zep pin. 52 votes
    39%
  • No, Vector is too hard of a layout for my tastes. 5 votes
    4%
  • No, too much money. 18 votes
    14%
  • Hell no, my religion forbids the distruction of a game. 25 votes
    19%

(Multiple choice - 132 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Principal_Richard_Vernon.jpg
fotografija.JPG
IMG00081.JPG
xenon.jpg
FB-515-5133-06-09TL.jpg
hC3462103.jpg
godz.jpg
zep.jpg
HotG Components.jpg
main.jpg
HOTG.jpg
foo-fighters-grammy-2001.jpg
Zeppelin_box.jpg
lz129b.jpg
pope-are-you-ready-to-rock1.jpg
tumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.png
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Look at the crap Stern put out 13 years ago. That doesn't stop people from buying LotR.

I have to admit, the first time I played LotR, that bugged the hell out of me. I mean, I have no idea how well a playfield surface holds a dot but I just assumed the one I was playing was out of register.

Still want to own one though.

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I have to admit, the first time I played LotR, that bugged the hell out of me. I mean, I have no idea how well a playfield surface holds a dot but I just assumed the one I was playing was out of register.
Still want to own one though.

I want one as well. Working towards owning one... First thing I'm gonna do when I get it is hack the rom and fix poor Sam's face, maybe even the elf... Don't tell the elf.

2 months later
#353 8 years ago

So did anyone actually buy this?
The inserts above the flippers!

#354 8 years ago

Yeah, the V formation above the flippers just looks so hokey, needing to buy an unserviceable aftermarket MPU board rather than simply burning EPROMs for the super easy to service Bally -35, and not having any confirmed pricing for the needed sound card, playfield display, decals....it might have just too many balls in the air to become reality.

I did buy all new Vector ramps and guides.....just in case.

#355 8 years ago

I love Vector

#356 8 years ago

Keep in mind Vid that this is a Re-Theme Conversion NOT, I repeat NOT a Re-Development, Re-Engineered GAME. The sub-reason for leaving all the Inserts in their respective positions is so that pretty much Anybody that wanted to do this conversion "Can do it" with little knowledge of the electronics. Most people don't have the ability/knowledge to Replace the Lamp Sockets and Re-Wire them in new positions. Many people Can do it, Many Can't, so we did it this way to serve ALL the customers.

Also note: The Main reason is that when I started this project Kevin wanted me to "Leave All Inserts in the Original Positions" for 1 Reason: So that when it came time to CNC the Playfields we could CNC Extra Boards for a "Later" run of Vector Playfields with Little to No Effort other than Artwork. I respected this request and from a Financial point of view it made perfect sense....

Again, HoTG is a Re-Theme Conversion NOT a Newly Engineered Game....If you want a Newly Engineered Game buy something NIB from a Pinball Machine Manufacturer, which we are Not, we make Parts, Not Machines.....

Quoted from vid1900:

the V formation above the flippers just looks so hokey

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Keep in mind Vid that this is a Re-Theme Conversion NOT, I repeat NOT a Re-Development, Re-Engineered GAME. The sub-reason for leaving all the Inserts in their respective positions is so that pretty much Anybody that wanted to do this conversion "Can do it" with little knowledge of the electronics. Most people don't have the ability/knowledge to Replace the Lamp Sockets and Re-Wire them in new positions.

I hear ya.

There is plenty of slack in the wiring harness around those inserts to make them all in a straight line or any other configuration.

No lamp sockets would need to be replaced or rewired at all.

(BUT if anyone is restoring a Vector, or converting one into a HOTG, you SHOULD absolutely replace all those super craptastic plastic Bally #555 lamp sockets with proper #44 sockets. Your sanity will thank you.)

3 months later
#358 8 years ago

Ok - So just noticed this thread and not being a lemming, I saw the conversion on the CPR website - liked it - and bought it.

I haven't heard anyone talk about how awesome this art package will look with the double backglass, mirroring, and marque lighting. The Celtic design is classic and Apollo on the back glass is perfect. I'm with you Vid - I want the deep purple posts also!

Admittedly I am not a "professional" graphic artist like so many of those commenting here - but I love the purple artwork, the backglass, and the playfield - whether or not it is straight or V - shaped. (Although I would also prefer it to be straightened out even if it means modifying the wiring harness).

Posted an ad on Pinside and another on Craigslist and picked up a good working Vector for $550. Shipping is another $360 so all in at $910.

I'll enjoy playing Vector for awhile until the conversion is produced.

Anyway - I'm not afraid of homo erotic artwork - I even like Beezleboob's avatar!

#359 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Ok - So just noticed this thread and not being a lemming, I saw the conversion on the CPR website - liked it - and bought it.
I haven't heard anyone talk about how awesome this art package will look with the double backglass, mirroring, and marque lighting. The Celtic design is classic and Apollo on the back glass is perfect. I'm with you Vid - I want the deep purple posts also!
Admittedly I am not a "professional" graphic artist like so many of those commenting here - but I love the purple artwork, the backglass, and the playfield - whether or not it is straight or V - shaped. (Although I would also prefer it to be straightened out even if it means modifying the wiring harness).
Posted an ad on Pinside and another on Craigslist and picked up a good working Vector for $550. Shipping is another $360 so all in at $910.
I'll enjoy playing Vector for awhile until the conversion is produced.
Anyway - I'm not afraid of homo erotic artwork - I even like Beezleboob's Avatar!

There were conversations. Some love the idea, some like the idea with likes and dislikes, some hated it (critics are always loudest).

The thing Stu was stressing is that it is a direct conversion of the exact same layout. So only the artwork has changed on the playfield. So the "V" stays.

I am still looking for a cheap Vector to convert. But after the announcement of this kit the prices more than doubled to start and then the bidding wars begin.

#360 8 years ago

I'd rather have a vanilla vector, personally. They're not exactly overly common, unlike a williams flash.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'd rather have a vanilla vector, personally. They're not exactly overly common, unlike a williams flash.

I'd just like to get a Vector period!

#362 8 years ago

Admittedly - I've never played a Vector. It really looks like a cool machine though! Looking forward to trying it out.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Admittedly - I've never played a Vector

I didn't play one until I went to clay's VFW pinball hall. It's got a steep ramp to the upper playfield, but a pretty fun game for it's time.

#364 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Admittedly - I've never played a Vector. It really looks like a cool machine though! Looking forward to trying it out.

It's a rare game and EVERYTHING has to work on it, in order to play it.

The flipper angle is set really low (assuming they are set up correctly with the factory marks), so you don't get a lot of ball cradling.

2 weeks later
#365 8 years ago

I'm psyched - my Vector shipped out yesterday!!

I wish me a Vector Christmas and a Hammer of the Godz new year!!

#366 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I'm psyched - my Vector shipped out yesterday!!
I wish me a Vector Christmas and a Hammer of the Godz new year!!

Vid - Where's the purple beehive posts???

2 weeks later
#367 8 years ago

My Vector arrived from the Midwest yesterday. STI did an excellent job and it arrived early and in perfect condition! (Thanks Michelle)

I was very pleasantly surprised with the condition of the machine when I unboxed it.

It is the nicest used pin I have ever bought. The playfield looks new (except for where the mylar bubbled up in a few areas and one post needs to be fixed). The kicker holes are perfect and look like they were never used and the plastics are perfect as are both backglasses! The cabinet is perfect too except some light scratching where something was sitting on top of the head.

I was looking at it when my wife came downstairs to check it out...

Wife: Wow, that's a nice machine.
Me: Yeah, too nice :*(
Wife: What? What do you mean?
Me: I'd feel horrible destroying a 40 year old machine in this condition - not many of these could have survived in this shape.
Wife: So... ...just what are you saying!?!?!?!
Me: Um... I'm just saying...
Wife: ...Your saying that now you need to buy another one - aren't you?
Me: Yes? - - I would feel much better about using a beater machine to donate to this project...
Wife: SERIOUSLY???
Me: <shrug>

I figure I'll play it a bit before making a definite decision - but just not sure I can do it.

#368 8 years ago
#369 8 years ago

Vector is a great game. I wouldn't ruin one.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

My Vector arrived from the Midwest yesterday. STI did an excellent job and it arrived early and in perfect condition! (Thanks Michelle)
I was very pleasantly surprised with the condition of the machine when I unboxed it.
It is the nicest used pin I have ever bought. The playfield looks new (except for where the mylar bubbled up in a few areas and one post needs to be fixed). The kicker holes are perfect and look like they were never used and the plastics are perfect as are both backglasses! The cabinet is perfect too except some light scratching where something was sitting on top of the head.
I was looking at it when my wife came downstairs to check it out...
Wife: Wow, that's a nice machine.
Me: Yeah, too nice :*(
Wife: What? What do you mean?
Me: I'd feel horrible destroying a 40 year old machine in this condition - not many of these could have survived in this shape.
Wife: So... ...just what are you saying!?!?!?!
Me: Um... I'm just saying...
Wife: ...Your saying that now you need to buy another one - aren't you?
Me: Yes? - - I would feel much better about using a beater machine to donate to this project...
Wife: SERIOUSLY???
Me: <shrug>
I figure I'll play it a bit before making a definite decision - but just not sure I can do it.

I'd leave it alone. A re-theme isn't really reversible.

#371 8 years ago

Too stupid for words. GodZ?! Boyz. Toyz. Shiz. Why got Hammer of Da GodZ?

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Too stupid for words. GodZ?! Boyz. Toyz. Shiz. Why got Hammer of Da GodZ?

Probably to avoid a lawsuit with Stephen Davis from his Zep book "Hammer of the Gods".

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

If you do decide to destroy it, I'll buy the playfield from you (or trade you a clearcoat on your HOTG).

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Probably to avoid a lawsuit with Stephen Davis from his Zep book "Hammer of the Gods".

We've been over this.... That is not a possibility.

1 week later
#375 8 years ago

Just purchased a pair of Vectors! The nicer will remain a Vector. The lesser will become Hammer of the Godz! Just added myself to the CPR preorder list. Looking forward to it!

8 months later
#376 7 years ago

Any news on Hammer of the Godz? When you send the email to CPR do you get a email back saying your on the list?
Any ideas when this will come out?
Just wondering if it's worth it in long run?
Will the pinsound board support this conversion?
Hammer bump!

#377 7 years ago

Last I talked to CPR, about 6 months ago, they said there was no where near enough interest in this for it to happen. I'm not gonna give out the numbers they quoted me, but let's just say, it was only about 10% of the number that they needed to even consider putting this into production.

#378 7 years ago

Ouch....just got my auto email from CPR...
Well...one more doesn't hurt.
I'll enjoy my Vector for years to come till it happens...
Until then...Hit the showers!
Maybe I'll start another thread???? Build some support for this?

#379 7 years ago

This CPR playfield conversation needs a bump!!!!
I can't believe there isn't 100 people out there willing to do this???
A little pricey yes....but...with STU's awesome artwork, this will be your only chance to get a Led ZEPPELIN pinball.
The sound technology has evolved just since this project started. Imagine being able to place all the music in your pin. The pinsound board may also be an option.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

...I can't believe there isn't 100 people out there willing to do this???
A little pricey yes....but...with STU's awesome artwork, this will be your only chance to get a Led ZEPPELIN pinball...

Willing to do this is a bit more than it sounds. They must want the machine, commit to the money and have a Vector to sacrifice. I've been looking for a cheap and trashed Vector since the announcement.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

...The sound technology has evolved just since this project started. Imagine being able to place all the music in your pin. The pinsound board may also be an option.

The sound is another issue. We don't know what, when or how much. It is a pin about a band so you want integrated music.

#381 7 years ago

They should have used a more common pin with no love for this project, like Mr & Mrs Pacman.
They made like 10,000 of these & you can hardly give one away.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

They should have used a more common pin with no love for this project, like Mr & Mrs Pacman.
They made like 10,000 of these & you can hardly give one away.

Like I said, should have chosen williams flash. good layout, crappy artwork, plenty of them made (and survived). In the 5 years I've been in this hobby, I've seen one vector for sale, and only got to play it once (which was at VFW hall in michigan). Even if you really wanted this, what are odds you'd even find a vector for sale?

#383 7 years ago

I think it's more that it is as ugly as fuck.

1 year later
#384 6 years ago

Looks like CPR hammered the nailz in the coffin on this one.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Wow, you're right. They removed it. Now I am glad I did not find a donor Vector. I was looking for one for a while but instead of finding trashed ones for a few $ I was fining nice ones for big $$.

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

OMGodZ!!!

#387 6 years ago

Was the Lost Vegas retheme scrapped too?

#388 6 years ago

Hopefully they can now do Vector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hammer-of-the-godz-led-zep-pinball-finally/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.