Topic poll

“Are you buying a HOTG kit?”

• Hell yeah, I love it! 9 votes
    7%
  • Yes, if the art and inserts gets tightened up 5 votes
    4%
  • Maybe, if enough parts become available to build one from scratch. 1 vote
    1%
  • Maybe, depends on the price and availability of the sound card and displays. 3 votes
    2%
  • Maybe, if I can find a Vector somewhere. 14 votes
    11%
  • No, the art is not what I expect from a Led Zep pin. 52 votes
    39%
  • No, Vector is too hard of a layout for my tastes. 5 votes
    4%
  • No, too much money. 18 votes
    14%
  • Hell no, my religion forbids the distruction of a game. 25 votes
    19%

(Multiple choice - 132 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Principal_Richard_Vernon.jpg
fotografija.JPG
IMG00081.JPG
xenon.jpg
FB-515-5133-06-09TL.jpg
hC3462103.jpg
godz.jpg
zep.jpg
HotG Components.jpg
main.jpg
HOTG.jpg
foo-fighters-grammy-2001.jpg
Zeppelin_box.jpg
lz129b.jpg
pope-are-you-ready-to-rock1.jpg
tumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.png
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not a trademark attorney, so I'm not sure what the legal test is.
The picture is clearly based on the William Rimmer painting from the 1800s, so maybe now it's in the public domain?

The original Rimmer sketch is definitely public domain, anyone can use it. But the painting that's the Swan Song logo appears to be an original creation for the company, however much it references the Rimmer painting, and would not be in the public domain.

Stu made references to licensing images, so I suppose he licensed that too? Just surprised that the license holders are allowing it to be used on a commercial pin, even sans Led Zeppelin name.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just surprised that the license holders are allowing it to be used on a commercial pin, even sans Led Zeppelin name.

When they started using Zeppelin music to sell Cadillacs, all that went out the window.

#153 8 years ago

I think this is a very cool project.

I own a Vector right now that's half-refurbished and it's VERY tempting to toss this kit into it.

However, where is the video showing gameplay? It would be nice to see the game in action.

I'm also bummed there's very little face time for Bonham. He certainly was more important than JPJ.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

However, where is the video showing gameplay?

It's a hard game, the rules are more complicated than you would expect.

#155 8 years ago

I thought the ruleset was changed on this game? Hoping to see some video of the conversion.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I thought the ruleset was changed on this game? Hoping to see some video of the conversion.

No conversion has been done yet, so right now the only videos are Vector.

#157 8 years ago

Raghead, PinQ and Mof all asked if Fliptronic flippers can really be installed in a Bally game.

Yes, they can.

The Williams FL-11630 coil would be a pretty close replacement for most 80s Bally coils.

The Fliptronic EOS Switch will need to be substituted with a High Voltage EOS Switch.

Then you will have snappy Williams feel and cheap replacement parts forever.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'm also bummed there's very little face time for Bonham. He certainly was more important than JPJ.

From a popularity standpoint. If it wasn't for JPJ as a musician/bandleader Zeppelin would have fallen apart after two albums. He was, essentially, the glue that held the rest of the group together. Not only was he the most educated of the group from a music theory and traditional musical knowledge standpoint, but also a brilliantly well versed multi-instrumentalist and exceptional arranger.

He was also the least erratic and self destructive. It's easy to count him off as just the bass player, but he really was so much more. His arrangements and producing roles taken in the studio are a large part of what make Zeppelin songs so intricate and interesting. Think about how much the organ part on Stairway adds or the keys on Hot Dog or the mandolin on Going to California or the killer clavinet on Trampled Under Foot, not to mention his killer bass lines from songs like What is and Should Never Be and Ramble On.

Sorry for the long post, but JPJ is severely underrated in my book.

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These guys are posing for the alternate translite.
th-1.jpeg

Wow, I thought Page looked older than Plant in most pictures, but not in that picture. Jimmy has just let himself age naturally.

#160 8 years ago

My GF says that it's not Icarus in that painting, but Apollo.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My GF says that it's not Icarus in that painting, but Apollo.

Apparently that's controversial, as I found out last night when researching the image. She's right though, in that the accepted interpretation seems to be that it is Apollo, and it's the alternate theory that is suggesting Icarus.

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It worked for these guys.
The Godz.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I beg to differ. It didnt work for them either.

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I beg to differ. It didnt work for them either.

I was implying the same thing with my reply, but I would bet O-din wasn't being serious.

#164 8 years ago

Hey, I saw the Godz. They rocked!

#165 8 years ago

Is the sound board available for separate purchase.

Could it work as a custom sound board for Bally solid state games.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

From a popularity standpoint. If it wasn't for JPJ as a musician/bandleader Zeppelin would have fallen apart after two albums. He was, essentially, the glue that held the rest of the group together. Not only was he the most educated of the group from a music theory and traditional musical knowledge standpoint, but also a brilliantly well versed multi-instrumentalist and exceptional arranger.
He was also the least erratic and self destructive. It's easy to count him off as just the bass player, but he really was so much more. His arrangements and producing roles taken in the studio are a large part of what make Zeppelin songs so intricate and interesting. Think about how much the organ part on Stairway adds or the keys on Hot Dog or the mandolin on Going to California or the killer clavinet on Trampled Under Foot, not to mention his killer bass lines from songs like What is and Should Never Be and Ramble On.
Sorry for the long post, but JPJ is severely underrated in my book.

All true. In the late 60s, Page and JPJ were very sort after session musicians in the London scene, and JPJ played on hundreds of recordings.

Plant and Bonham were hippies playing in The Band Of Joy. Page plucked them from obscurity and gave them a shot at fame.

The only black mark against JPJ is that shocking haircut he had in the late 70s. Looked like a choirboy from the 1800s.

rd.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from riverinapinball:

Is the sound board available for separate purchase.
Could it work as a custom sound board for Bally solid state games.

It would undoubtedly require custom code, depending on the game. It really will depend on the specs of this board, it could be easy if it is something that you can code in a high-level language like C, and you can just map the IRQ for audio on the original game and swap out/change sounds and/or music. I'd imagine this is going to use either new updated code for rules or utilize/modify the original vector code for triggering sound & music.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In the late 60s, Page and JPJ were very sort after session musicians in the London scene,

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All true. In the late 60s, Page and JPJ were very sort after session musicians in the London scene, and JPJ played on hundreds of recordings.
Plant and Bonham were hippies playing in The Band Of Joy. Page plucked them from obscurity and gave them a shot at fame.
The only black mark against JPJ is that shocking haircut he had in the late 70s. Looked like a choirboy from the 1800s.
rd.

c'mon man. it wan't that bad...

tumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.pngtumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.png
#170 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

c'mon man. it wan't that bad...

tumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.png

OMGGGGGGGGG that's a shocker.

rd.

#171 8 years ago
pope-are-you-ready-to-rock1.jpgpope-are-you-ready-to-rock1.jpg
#172 8 years ago

You guys are being a little hard on JPJ. He looks to be holding up pretty good these days. Sporting a more contemporary hairstyle.

#173 8 years ago

10 Zep songs with enough drive to be in a pinball machine:

Living Loving Maid - Overplayed, but classic.

Communication Breakdown - Fast, fun.

The Rover - Almost too slow, but a big stomp of a song.

Houses of the Holy - Overplayed, but good.

Achilles Last Stand - the soaring guitar solo alone could lift this song to the top.

What Is and What Should Never Be - so overplayed I could cry.

Whole Lotta Love

Immigrant Song - Valhalla, I am coming

Misty Mountain Hop

Heartbreaker - Crunchy, urgent song, totally overplayed.

----

Any other songs that have fast enough tempo for pinball that I missed?

Out On The Tiles

Black Dog

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

----

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys are being a little hard on JPJ. He looks to be holding up pretty good these days. Sporting a more contemporary hairstyle.
» YouTube video

Great to see them playing together again, but what a massacre of the vocals that is by the guy "singing"
Yikes... (I can't even finish it)
-mof

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Great to see them playing together again, but what a massacre of the vocals that is by the guy "singing"
Yikes...
-mof

He said it was always his dream to play with Zep. Who's to deny any man of his dreams...

#177 8 years ago

I guess we scared off Stu with our negative talk.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Black Dog

Four Sticks

How many more times

#179 8 years ago

Nope, I promised Kevin I wouldn't chime into the thread no matter how bad it got, regardless of the idiots that have nothing better to do than sit around pissing in someone's cheerios. But I have been watching every post and I have to admit I am amazed at how many people CAN'T READ the information we provided.....
.....Back to watching.....

Quoted from jwilson:

I guess we scared off Stu with our negative talk.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Nope, I promised Kevin I wouldn't chime into the thread no matter how bad it got, regardless of the idiots that have nothing better to do than sit around pissing in someone's cheerios.

Well, a lot of the posts were constructive criticism, so you labeling them as "idiots" implies you can't take criticism. Which is unfortunate, a lot of it was useful, like picking a style instead of mixing multiple ones, or it being overly dark.

I guess sales will be the real test - money talks.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Living Loving Maid - Overplayed, but classic.
Communication Breakdown - Fast, fun.
The Rover - Almost too slow, but a big stomp of a song.
Houses of the Holy - Overplayed, but good.
Achilles Last Stand - the soaring guitar solo alone could lift this song to the top.
What Is and What Should Never Be - so overplayed I could cry.
Whole Lotta Love
Immigrant Song - Valhalla, I am coming
Misty Mountain Hop
Heartbreaker - Crunchy, urgent song, totally overplayed.
----

gotta have song remains the same at least the instrumental piece which is most of itanyway

#182 8 years ago

Kashmir could be good for building some tension.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 11.05.44 AM.png

I really like this one!

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Well, a lot of the posts were constructive criticism, so you labeling them as "idiots" implies you can't take criticism. Which is unfortunate, a lot of it was useful, like picking a style instead of mixing multiple ones, or it being overly dark.

He did say "the idiots", not everyone is an idiot. He is right though. I have to agree people just saying "it sucks" or "it is gay" are wasting everyone's energy. If you dislike something, at least explain your opinion as to why. And I'd imagine most people did not read the PDF. Far too easy to be an internet armchair critic.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Wow, I thought Page looked older than Plant in most pictures, but not in that picture. Jimmy has just let himself age naturally.

hurts to see that. i'm gonna be dead soon too

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

He did say "the idiots", not everyone is an idiot. He is right though. I have to agree people just saying "it sucks" or "it is gay" are wasting everyone's energy. If you dislike something, at least explain your opinion as to why. And I'd imagine most people did not read the PDF. Far too easy to be an internet armchair critic.

I read the PDF. It was interesting, but didn't answer my questions. Stu doesn't have to answer them though.

My personal philosophy: it's not cool to shit on someone's personal project. If you don't care for it then just move on, why make them feel bad?

But if it's a commercial product, for sale, and not just something personal then I think it's a little different. Opinions and (hopefully constructive) criticism come with the territory there.

I expect nothing less for my own projects, I know I'll never please everyone. I've been blessed with really nice receptions to my mods, and I'm grateful to everyone who's said nice things, but I still get some criticism, and that's fine.

I have no idea what Stu and Kevin have worked out. I think things are better when there's a dialogue though. Forced silence is a pity, it doesn't allow for much constructive feedback. If CPR doesn't want that then I guess that's their prerogative.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Nope, I promised Kevin I wouldn't chime into the thread no matter how bad it got,

::proceeds to chime in by telling people who called him out on his shitty work idiots::

dude, if kevin told you not to chime in, why did you?

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

hurts to see that. i'm gonna be dead soon too

Don't worry, they will still be able to use it as a modern pinball theme.

#189 8 years ago

See, Case In Point, YOU can't read Either.......Kevin DID NOT "TELL ME" Anything.....Frikin Child Care around here....

Quoted from stainedundies:

dude, if kevin told you not to chime in, why did you?

Quoted from Stu:

Nope, I promised Kevin I "WOULDN'T" chime into

Quoted from Stu:

I am amazed at how many people CAN'T READ

#190 8 years ago

Great topper kit $18 Revell #4802

lz129b.jpglz129b.jpg
#191 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

but what a massacre of the vocals that is by the guy "singing"
Yikes... (I can't even finish it)

I could not finish it either.

I saw Zep twice and RP could not sing at all live in concert, so Dave was a good facsimile.

-

A singer who can sing live is Chris Robbinson of the Black Crowes so when you add him to Jimmy Page, you get something that rocks better than Zep:

#192 8 years ago

I'm a young Zeppelin fan and I think the theme of this is all wrong. I really don't like the title (sounds super off-brand) and there's waaaaaay too much purple. I think the idea is cool but I'd be a little embarrassed to own a kit of this considering I like the band so much. Just my thoughts, though. Just really really not feeling this and it almost looks goofy. With some small changes though it would probably look ten times better.

#193 8 years ago

I've been on a Zeppelin kick lately ... listening to 10 studio albums back to back with this great box set i own:Zeppelin_box.jpgZeppelin_box.jpg

As a Zeppelin fan this was great to see...Kudos to the op.

Although I really do hope that Stern eventually makes a Zeppelin Pin for all to enjoy.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A singer who can sing live is Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes so when you add him to Jimmy Page, you get something that rocks better than Zep:
» YouTube video

Well well, this is good stuff. Nice double guitar attack, rather than what you get with old school Zep (when live).
CR has a small range, but it's soulful, and it's mostly on key -- unlike that food fighter guy who squandered his one opportunity in life.

It's great to see JP having such a good time here...

The timing here is... refreshingly good AND loose at the same time. It breathes. This is tight work.

-mof

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

unlike that food fighter guy who squandered his one opportunity in life.

The poor bastard....

foo-fighters-grammy-2001.jpgfoo-fighters-grammy-2001.jpg

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A singer who can sing live is Chris Robbinson of the Black Crowes so when you add him to Jimmy Page, you get something that rocks better than Zep:

That was recorded at the Greek? Has to be the best place around here to take in a live show. The acoustics are always good there.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

See, Case In Point, YOU can't read Either.......Kevin DID NOT "TELL ME" Anything.....Frikin Child Care around here...

what are you talking about? do you think you make more sense because you use capital letters? i see youve already got duct tape over your mouth, maybe you should wrap some around your hands to stop you from typing any more gibberish.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Robert Plant has always been a good live singer. I've seen him live too and he was on point. Heck, he still sounded pretty good in the Led Zeppelin reunion show for his age. But some of their old concert footage is full of great vocals.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've seen him live too and he was on point.

He had a bout with throat cancer that affected his voice in the late 70s if I remember correctly. But the night I saw them he still had a decent set of pipes. Although it was nothing like it was in the early days.

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Robert Plant has always been a good live singer. I've seen him live too and he was on point. Heck, he still sounded pretty good in the Led Zeppelin reunion show for his age. But some of their old concert footage is full of great vocals.

Saw them 2x in the 70s and RP sucked badly both times.

He just could not sing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hammer-of-the-godz-led-zep-pinball-finally/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.