Topic poll

“Are you buying a HOTG kit?”

• Hell yeah, I love it! 9 votes
    7%
  • Yes, if the art and inserts gets tightened up 5 votes
    4%
  • Maybe, if enough parts become available to build one from scratch. 1 vote
    1%
  • Maybe, depends on the price and availability of the sound card and displays. 3 votes
    2%
  • Maybe, if I can find a Vector somewhere. 14 votes
    11%
  • No, the art is not what I expect from a Led Zep pin. 52 votes
    39%
  • No, Vector is too hard of a layout for my tastes. 5 votes
    4%
  • No, too much money. 18 votes
    14%
  • Hell no, my religion forbids the distruction of a game. 25 votes
    19%

(Multiple choice - 132 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Principal_Richard_Vernon.jpg
fotografija.JPG
IMG00081.JPG
xenon.jpg
FB-515-5133-06-09TL.jpg
hC3462103.jpg
godz.jpg
zep.jpg
HotG Components.jpg
main.jpg
HOTG.jpg
foo-fighters-grammy-2001.jpg
Zeppelin_box.jpg
lz129b.jpg
pope-are-you-ready-to-rock1.jpg
tumblr_mjzdi5tqVS1qc7eoeo1_500.png
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 8 years ago

You guys ready for the pin everybody has been waiting for?

hammer01.jpghammer01.jpg
#2 8 years ago

No

#3 8 years ago
hammer-backglass-outer.jpghammer-backglass-outer.jpg
#4 8 years ago
hammer-backglass-inner.jpghammer-backglass-inner.jpg
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

hammer01.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is not the kind of art most of us want to see in a Zeppelin pin.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

i'll bite... wtf is that vid?

#8 8 years ago
hammer-plastics.jpghammer-plastics.jpg
#9 8 years ago
hammer06.jpghammer06.jpg
#10 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is not the kind of art most of us want to see in a Zeppelin pin.

Yeah, I was thinking something more like robot zombies. In green. Think Zombie John Bonham in a retro space suit. What do you have like that?

#11 8 years ago

New sound board you can EASILY install any songs you want!

hammer-kit-overview.jpghammer-kit-overview.jpg

#12 8 years ago

So, what game does this convert?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So, what game does this convert?

Vector

#14 8 years ago

#15 8 years ago

Lotta guy nipple on this thing. Just sayin'.

#16 8 years ago

Pretty frickin' awesome!

#17 8 years ago

pretty cool. vectors are usually cheap too. how much does something like this run out of curiosity?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

A bunch here on Pinside too

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

swan song dude traded his unit for a pair of wings too since you opened the door...

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

pretty cool. vectors are usually cheap too. how much does something like this run out of curiosity?

$1700 for both backglasses, both playfields and 2 sets of plastics

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A bunch here on Pinside too

MaleNipples.jpg

ahh nice big silver dollar ones too... ahhhhh wtf!!!!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

swan song dude traded his unit for a pair of wings too since you opened the door...

I prefer to think of that as Jame Gumb. Angel Jame Gumb.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

$1700 with new display, cab art, backglasses, sound card, playfields and 2 sets of plastics

no, $1700 gets you the playfields, backglasses and plastics,

Cabinet art, display and sound card are extra from a different vendor/vendors.

#24 8 years ago

Let the esteemed vid1900 go into detail. What a tough audience.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

$1700 with new display, cab art, backglasses, sound card, playfields and 2 sets of plastics

would love to see a gameplay video, more importantly, hear one when it becomes available. my favorite band by a long shot

#26 8 years ago

Not a licensed Led Zeppelin game. How many people have Vector that would want to do this anyway?
http://www.classicplayfields.com/hammer.html

#27 8 years ago

The sound board. More info? Can it play the actual songs? How are they controlled?

#28 8 years ago

From http://www.classicplayfields.com/hammer.html

DO YOU HAVE A LICENSE ?

No. This is not a Led Zeppelin pin. Please see Stu's documentation above. 95% of the artwork for this project is by Stu's own hand & mouse. However, unavoidably, we did have to buy publishing rights (and paid dearly) for pieces of band photography from a commercial stock photo agency. Furthermore, we will not be allowed to have the sound card pre-loaded with anything except our our own custom sound pack (recorded in a Halifax home studio). The sound card WILL be easily re-loadable, so the likely after-market creation of hobbyist-traded sound packs will undoubtedly be the norm. Sorry, we can't provide any Led Zeppelin music or sounds. With recent events in the hobby related to unlicensed projects crashing and losing investors a ton of money, we wanted to be up front about the boundaries & logistics of this very unique project.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

What a tough audience.

No matter what is announced, all the Sad Sallys come out of their mom's basements to cry on Pinside.

#30 8 years ago

just read the main page on the website. pretty awesome. limited availabilty. it will sell out fast I bet

#31 8 years ago

Now for some constructive criticism:

1. The wood shooter lane sticks out like a sore thumb. I suggest Stu does some art for it - like a Mud Shark.

2. In the game Vector, the "V" pattern of numbers made sense down by the flippers. I suggest Stu straightens out the "Hammer godz" row of letters, before the design goes to CNC cutting.

3. The green blimp is clearly a watermelon.

Great job Stu!!!!!!!!

#32 8 years ago

I appreciate the effort this project took to create, but it is not the type of product I am in a position to want to buy.

#33 8 years ago

I might bite. I love everything but the playfield. The band on the playfield is really off-putting. This is finally an old dude rock theme I can get behind. I cannot stand ACDC (although one of my favorite recent games) and especially cannot stand Kiss.

#34 8 years ago

I want to see one of these built. That is quite the conversion.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Now for some constructive criticism:
1. The wood shooter lane sticks out like a sore thumb. I suggest Stu does some art for it - like a Mud Shark.
2. In the game Vector, the "V" pattern of numbers made sense down by the flippers. I suggest Stu straightens out the "Hammer godz" row of letters, before the design goes to CNC cutting.
3. The green blimp is clearly a watermelon.
Great job Stu!!!!!!!!

not sure I understand the use for the alphanumeric display in the middle of the pf. there are displays in the bb. site says something about entering your initials in a classic bally but i'd rather have more art

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I appreciate the effort this project took to create, but it is not the type of product I am in a position to want to buy.

You don't have to like or buy every game that comes out.

With over 6921 pinball titles in the world, there will hopefully be a few that you will want to buy.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

not sure I understand the use for the alphanumeric display in the middle of the pf. there are displays in the bb. site says something about entering your initials in a classic bally but i'd rather have more art

Vector already has a display there (6 digit numeric). The alphanumeric adds more features to the display.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Vector has a playfield display that would measure your ball speed on the outer loop.

#39 8 years ago

never thought anything could make led zeppelin look stupid, yet here this is.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I might bite. I love everything but the playfield. The band on the playfield is really off-putting. This is finally an old dude rock theme I can get behind. I cannot stand ACDC (although one of my favorite recent games) and especially cannot stand Kiss.

right on!!!! acdc is a good band just not my style. kiss is just plain hilarious (in my opinion)

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Vector has a playfield display that would measure your ball speed on the outer loop.

ahhh I see. its already there but could they just lose that?

#42 8 years ago

holy cow. this is cool.
i'd play to jam to the tunes for hours...
wonder if there's a "chill out" mode added to the game play. like 30 minute all-ball-lock

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

ahhh I see. its already there but could they just lose that?

The Vector "radar gun" is one of the coolest features of the game. I don't think anyone would want to lose it.

If they do the displays with white LEDs, you could use a purple filter and have a cool, purple display.

#44 8 years ago

If I find out tomorrow my SO loves led zep....I'm in.

EDIT: She was asking about some old band and I think it was led zep....soooo there's a chance!

#45 8 years ago

This could also be a great opportunity for FAST & Mission to come up with a new controller and rules.

The playfield display could be a HD monitor, like in Sexy Girl.

RGB lighting, deep rules, modes, ball save, custom call outs "Does anybody remember laughter?"......

rp.jpgrp.jpg
#46 8 years ago

I respect the hell out of this.

I hope its very successful.

I have never been able to get into Led Zepllin myself (I know..I know...) I hope they sell these out.

I would be super interested if they did this with a band I truly loved in the future The Ramones, The Clash, The kinks...

I wish this project the best of luck. We need more conversion kits for games. Someone PLEASE make one for Hardbody, I love that eyesore of a game.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Someone PLEASE make one for Hardbody, I love that eyesore of a game.

My buddy said the exact same thing.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think this is an awesome project and even though Vector is a pretty cool Classic Bally (my new favorite), I can see doing the conversion.

Thanks for sharing Vid!

vector.jpgvector.jpg

#49 8 years ago

Going to have to let this sink in for a bit, first impression is positive but with a lot of questions. I'm a sucker for these kind of things

#50 8 years ago

Conversion kits are such a good idea. Especially if you live in the USA where the donor games are cheap and plentiful. Like the Dolly Parton kit.

However I have the only Vector in New Zealand so I think it'd be a shame to destroy it. It only just arrived so nobody has even played it yet.

If I could find another Vector on the cheap in the states, I'd be doing the conversion. Looks cool.

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hammer-of-the-godz-led-zep-pinball-finally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.