View topic image gallery

8A807448-929D-4D76-9E26-BEEA7B4EA786 (resized).jpeg
Halloween Fire (resized).jpg
ouvislite (resized).PNG
20220812_233137 (resized).jpg
boot (resized).PNG
20220812_231948 (resized).jpg
20220812_190601 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrtattooz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

AWESOME PINBALL MACHINE!!!!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That’s just a motherboard bios menu. If you can plug a keyboard in you can tab over to save and exit and be GTG.

I did that already and the same screen is still coming up.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have you tried power cycling it to see if same screen comes up?

Yes I've done everything. I'm completely out of options except for waiting to hear from Spooky tomorrow if I'm lucky

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

What does the boot screen look like?

20220812_190601 (resized).jpg20220812_190601 (resized).jpg
#12 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The solid state hard drive may have died and the computer can't boot. If you can get a new SSD tomorrow morning (the 240gbs are like $25), you can download full re-imaging code from Spooky and install that on a new SSD, this will get you playing by tomorrow afternoon.
Go through the BIOS and make sure it's set to boot to SSD, see if the SSD shows up in hard drive list first.
Also check all cabling to/from the mini PC, make sure the SSD isn't disconnected.

This one doesn't have an ssb

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The solid state hard drive may have died and the computer can't boot. If you can get a new SSD tomorrow morning (the 240gbs are like $25), you can download full re-imaging code from Spooky and install that on a new SSD, this will get you playing by tomorrow afternoon.
Go through the BIOS and make sure it's set to boot to SSD, see if the SSD shows up in hard drive list first.
Also check all cabling to/from the mini PC, make sure the SSD isn't disconnected.

20220812_231948 (resized).jpg20220812_231948 (resized).jpg
#15 1 year ago

That one wire is unplugged because I have a keyboard connected right now. I hit esc and the screen remains the same. What I don't understand is this game has less than 6 plays on it and all of a sudden it screws up? Weird

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well you are supposed to have 128 GB of something but it sure ain't memory. You've only got 8 GB of that. If you don't see a 128 GB SSD on the boot screen, that's likely your problem.
[quoted image]

So if we enter our high scores could that take up gb?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Next to nothing in terms of storage space. Can you tab over to the boot screen (that I circled) and show us that?

20220812_233137 (resized).jpg20220812_233137 (resized).jpg
#21 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Where it says debian, that's your boot drive. It's probably a PCIE SSD. I suspect something got hosed on the SSD. Probably a software fix.

I hope so, because this being the second machine and it only working for 6 games leaves a terrible taste in my mouth!!!!!

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

go here
https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/
click on the H78 pc/mac restore instructions (should open to a textfile). Follow those instructions to download their ISO and make a bootable USB recovery stick, then try restoring the game. Looks like the SSD shows up in BIOS so you may be able to re-image it.

Thank you so very much. I'm gonna try that later today once I'm up and moving.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I give any new pin a quick going over before powering it up. No matter the manufacturing or how it was shipped.
LTG : )

Oh trust me I did that. I found a washer in the bottom of the cabinet.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

#833 and still waiting. I'm starting to think BEFORE applying power I need to open everything up and check connections, power, coils, cabinet, translite and anything else that could cause a problem. These types of posts have me wondering about QC and shipping. Just wow!

Well I'm on my second Halloween and on the bright side I got to play 6 games before this happened.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

That looks nothing like the board in the backbox of my Ultraman.
Did they change boards?
RM

My buddy Jason said his backbock doesn't have that in his either. I'm going to try and update a USB tonight and see if that works. If not I'm going full refund!

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have Halloween #718 and my backbox looks like yours. You just happened to have this issue on a Friday when Spooky works Monday through Thursday, otherwise they would have you up and going again.

Yea they might, but I'm starting to wonder if this will be a reoccurring thing?

#47 1 year ago

Has anyone uploaded the newest code? What is the newest and what app did you use to unzip it? I have windows 11 and I've tried using 3 different apps. If I do a factory restore will it mess up the machine?

#48 1 year ago

What I meant was if I reset to default settings will it mess up anything on my machine?

#54 1 year ago

Sorry about the back and forth with iceman44. I believe if you have nothing to offer to the conversation you shouldn't ridicule someone. So I ignored his future post. Im just going to ask Spooky to send me a programmed OUVISLITE Computer and hook my cables back into it. That should solve the issue. Thank you all for your input except the party pooper! UPDATE: After ignoring iceman44 he reported me to Pinside and I got a warning although I blocked him and deleted all messages. Lol the perpetrator playing the victim. If that doesn't beat all.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Boy these sure have gotten a lot cheaper. Beats the hell out of sourcing a $400 pinball main board.
[quoted image]

I'm hoping Spooky will overnight me one if these already programed so I can just plug it in and be done with it.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

The fact that this problem occurred in the first place definitely indicates a faulty PC, so it could happen again even after a re-image. A new PC is definitely the way to go. I'll have a new one shipped out to you tomorrow!

OMG thank you so much!!!! I'm definately loving the game when I got to play it. I didn't watch any videos online or play the game at the convention so it would be very new to me. I got some multiball and when Fearc the Reaper started playing I almost fainted! Could you overnight that board please? I'll pay whatever it cost.

1 week later
#63 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Please let us know the outcome of this issue. It appears you are 0-2 so far.

Well got the new board and all was well for 3 days. Wife just called me at work and said same issue is happening again. I'm past frustrated. I think a refund is the best route at this point in time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrtattooz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-pinball-nighmare?tu=Mrtattooz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.