View topic image gallery

8A807448-929D-4D76-9E26-BEEA7B4EA786 (resized).jpeg
Halloween Fire (resized).jpg
ouvislite (resized).PNG
20220812_233137 (resized).jpg
boot (resized).PNG
20220812_231948 (resized).jpg
20220812_190601 (resized).jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

AWESOME PINBALL MACHINE!!!!

#2 1 year ago

I feel for you. Post this in the owners thread and I am sure you will get a response.

#3 1 year ago

Have you tried power cycling it to see if same screen comes up?

#4 1 year ago

Sorry man, I have no idea about the software issue, but I certainly understand your frustration. My HW CE also went up in smoke, and sat for a couple weeks until I got the replacement parts. If it makes you feel any better, my machine has been issue free for the last couple hundred plays. Good luck!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Does anyone know what this screen is or how to exit out from it? Don't get me wrong Spooky has been super nice and helpful, but my patience is running thin after spending 9k on a machine.

That’s just a motherboard bios menu. If you can plug a keyboard in you can tab over to save and exit and be GTG.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That’s just a motherboard bios menu. If you can plug a keyboard in you can tab over to save and exit and be GTG.

I did that already and the same screen is still coming up.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Have you tried power cycling it to see if same screen comes up?

Yes I've done everything. I'm completely out of options except for waiting to hear from Spooky tomorrow if I'm lucky

#8 1 year ago

You can try and download/install latest code, maybe that will get you out of it. Make sure if you attempt that to follow their instructions on the site about checking the filename before installing.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

I did that already and the same screen is still coming up.

What does the boot screen look like?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

What does the boot screen look like?

20220812_190601 (resized).jpg20220812_190601 (resized).jpg
#11 1 year ago

The solid state hard drive may have died and the computer can't boot. If you can get a new SSD tomorrow morning (the 240gbs are like $25), you can download full re-imaging code from Spooky and install that on a new SSD, this will get you playing by tomorrow afternoon.

Go through the BIOS and make sure it's set to boot to SSD, see if the SSD shows up in hard drive list first.

Also check all cabling to/from the mini PC, make sure the SSD isn't disconnected.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The solid state hard drive may have died and the computer can't boot. If you can get a new SSD tomorrow morning (the 240gbs are like $25), you can download full re-imaging code from Spooky and install that on a new SSD, this will get you playing by tomorrow afternoon.
Go through the BIOS and make sure it's set to boot to SSD, see if the SSD shows up in hard drive list first.
Also check all cabling to/from the mini PC, make sure the SSD isn't disconnected.

This one doesn't have an ssb

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

20220812_231948 (resized).jpg20220812_231948 (resized).jpg
#14 1 year ago

Well you are supposed to have 128 GB of something but it sure ain't memory. You've only got 8 GB of that. If you don't see a 128 GB SSD on the boot screen, that's likely your problem.

boot (resized).PNGboot (resized).PNG

#15 1 year ago

That one wire is unplugged because I have a keyboard connected right now. I hit esc and the screen remains the same. What I don't understand is this game has less than 6 plays on it and all of a sudden it screws up? Weird

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well you are supposed to have 128 GB of something but it sure ain't memory. You've only got 8 GB of that. If you don't see a 128 GB SSD on the boot screen, that's likely your problem.
[quoted image]

So if we enter our high scores could that take up gb?

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

So if we enter our high scores could that take up gb?

Next to nothing in terms of storage space. Can you tab over to the boot screen (that I circled) and show us that?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Next to nothing in terms of storage space. Can you tab over to the boot screen (that I circled) and show us that?

20220812_233137 (resized).jpg20220812_233137 (resized).jpg
#19 1 year ago

Hang tight and get ahold of Spooky. I bricked my UM during an update (my fault) and they hooked me up right away.

#20 1 year ago

Where it says debian, that's your boot drive. It's probably a PCIE SSD. I suspect something got hosed on the SSD. Probably a software fix.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Where it says debian, that's your boot drive. It's probably a PCIE SSD. I suspect something got hosed on the SSD. Probably a software fix.

I hope so, because this being the second machine and it only working for 6 games leaves a terrible taste in my mouth!!!!!

#22 1 year ago

I would crank up the Halloween theme song on a loop while I work on it.

It’ll help. Trust me.

#23 1 year ago

go here

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

click on the H78 pc/mac restore instructions (should open to a textfile). Follow those instructions to download their ISO and make a bootable USB recovery stick, then try restoring the game. Looks like the SSD shows up in BIOS so you may be able to re-image it.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

go here
https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/
click on the H78 pc/mac restore instructions (should open to a textfile). Follow those instructions to download their ISO and make a bootable USB recovery stick, then try restoring the game. Looks like the SSD shows up in BIOS so you may be able to re-image it.

Thank you so very much. I'm gonna try that later today once I'm up and moving.

#25 1 year ago

Make sure you go to the bottom and download the ISO for your 128gb "case" computer. Use the "alternative" Rufus method for ISO, not the ZIP... I don't think the ZIP method will create a bootable USB and you need to be able to boot from the USB stick.

#26 1 year ago

#833 and still waiting. I'm starting to think BEFORE applying power I need to open everything up and check connections, power, coils, cabinet, translite and anything else that could cause a problem. These types of posts have me wondering about QC and shipping. Just wow!

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I'm starting to think BEFORE applying power I need to open everything up and check connections, power, coils, cabinet, translite and anything else that could cause a problem.

I give any new pin a quick going over before powering it up. No matter the manufacturing or how it was shipped.

LTG : )

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I give any new pin a quick going over before powering it up. No matter the manufacturing or how it was shipped.

Oh trust me I did that. I found a washer in the bottom of the cabinet.

#29 1 year ago

#833 and still waiting. I'm starting to think BEFORE applying power I need to open everything up and check connections, power, coils, cabinet, translite and anything else that could cause a problem. These types of posts have me wondering about QC and shipping. Just wow!

Well I'm on my second Halloween and on the bright side I got to play 6 games before this happened.

#30 1 year ago

Boy these sure have gotten a lot cheaper. Beats the hell out of sourcing a $400 pinball main board.

ouvislite (resized).PNGouvislite (resized).PNG

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Boy these sure have gotten a lot cheaper. Beats the hell out of sourcing a $400 pinball main board.
[quoted image]

wow!!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Well I'm on my second Halloween and on the bright side I got to play 6 games before this happened.

Awesome! That's about $1500 per game! No worries... I have my fire protection equipment ready for when my game arrives!

Halloween Fire (resized).jpgHalloween Fire (resized).jpg
#33 1 year ago

Your T-800 is freaking awesome!!! Is he from Sideshow Collectables?

Awesome! That's about $1500 per game! No worries... I have my fire protection equipment ready for when my game arrives!
[quoted image]

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Your T-800 is freaking awesome!!! Is he from Sideshow Collectables?

Yep... and he's wearing his 'Where's Waldo' beanie.

#35 1 year ago

I have my fire protection equipment ready for when my game arrives!

Silver Shamrock masks !

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

[quoted image]

That looks nothing like the board in the backbox of my Ultraman.

Did they change boards?

RM

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Did they change boards?
RM

Ya got me. I just saw what the OP posted and said to myself that looks like a mini PC. And it is.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Did they change boards?
RM

My buddy Jason said his backbock doesn't have that in his either. I'm going to try and update a USB tonight and see if that works. If not I'm going full refund!

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

My buddy Jason said his backbock doesn't have that in his either. I'm going to try and update a USB tonight and see if that works. If not I'm going full refund!

I have Halloween #718 and my backbox looks like yours. You just happened to have this issue on a Friday when Spooky works Monday through Thursday, otherwise they would have you up and going again.

#40 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Halloween 3 masks awesome!

#41 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Love the Halloween 3 masks (I own them as well). Is that 4th mask from Creepshow? If so I think we’re the same person.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Love the Halloween 3 masks (I own them as well). Is that 4th mask from Creepshow? If so I think we’re the same person.

Yep that's Fluffy from Creepshow. Just out of frame to the left is Michael Myers from Halloween 2018.

#43 1 year ago

Yep that's Fluffy from Creepshow. Just out of frame to the left is Michael Myers from Halloween 2018.

Awesome

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I have Halloween #718 and my backbox looks like yours. You just happened to have this issue on a Friday when Spooky works Monday through Thursday, otherwise they would have you up and going again.

Yea they might, but I'm starting to wonder if this will be a reoccurring thing?

#47 1 year ago

Has anyone uploaded the newest code? What is the newest and what app did you use to unzip it? I have windows 11 and I've tried using 3 different apps. If I do a factory restore will it mess up the machine?

#48 1 year ago

What I meant was if I reset to default settings will it mess up anything on my machine?

#49 1 year ago

This is all very frustrating, I know - these things sometimes do happen; every game has some quality control issue being reported - in your case maybe just ridiculously bad luck. This second machine doesn’t seem like a lemon, just that some step got missed in the process going out the door. Modern machines have SUCh a huge learning curve, it’s easy to get discouraged.

Anyway, for unzipping the update file, you should just be able to right-click and extract it. Or if you prefer, double-click and it will open its contents in a new window, which you then drag elsewhere for prepping to the USB drive. I do recall reading that Spooky games are very particular about the file names, so follow the instructions precisely.

You asked about doing a factory reset. Did you mean in that BIOS menu your machine keeps putting up? That would be a spooky question. Probsbly it’s fine, but they may want you to have some setting set to a non-default value and you’ll want to know what that is.

I wonder if the CR2302 battery died. That’s the only reason I can think of what the BIOS menu would pop up like that. Even so, if you are exiting, the machine would then proceed to booting as normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-pinball-nighmare?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.