IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wombatpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have been at 3 shows in the last month here. Every single show I have 20-30 people come up to me and say that they were worried about the reviews online but were absolutely blown away in person and love it. Had 4 people asking to buy a Halloween from us at the table at one time Friday! Every game is not for everyone and this one is extremely unique and polarizing! I think in the long run in the hands of people who love Halloween and love a daring layout like this one it will see alot of love. That's just my 2 cents!
Thank you so much Everybody who comes out and supports us at all these shows and on here!

My gf and I were two of those people that have had concerns based on certain reviews and issues. We went to Allentown Pinfest yesterday and got our hands on Halloween personally. This is a dream theme for me, one of my all time favorite horror movies, so I have been pulling for this game to be a home run. After playing it yesterday a couple of times, my gf and I were hooked and really wanted to just keep hitting that start button! It had more flow than I was expecting just based on watching streams, so that was awesome! The right orbit, man that’s a tough shot but when you hit it, don’t take too long patting yourself on the back….it’ll come whipping around that orbit faster than you can blink! I only managed to hit one full butt-pretzel but the challenge is there and it’s satisfying when you make it happen! We also had some great conversation with SpookyLuke and SpookyBug regarding any questions we had, and even just a little extra background about the game. The future updates for this game I truly believe are what is going to take it to another level! Thank you both for taking the time to talk to us, get to know us, and more importantly, for our opinions to be heard and valued! We look forward to catching up with you again in the future!

BC1C81E4-BA1F-4823-9E9E-7EA834DBFE78 (resized).jpegBC1C81E4-BA1F-4823-9E9E-7EA834DBFE78 (resized).jpegEA714127-B205-40A3-95BB-2EDBC2ACCBA2 (resized).jpegEA714127-B205-40A3-95BB-2EDBC2ACCBA2 (resized).jpeg
#5839 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

He’s come home!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Get it unboxed and get some plays on it! Want to see what you think since you’ve been on the fence a bit!

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

My wife isn’t into pinball much. She definitely is loving Halloween. I was surprised how much she was enjoying it last night. We shut off all the lights and played a few games. What a light show. I feel embarrassed to say I was listening to other people and their criticism before playing it myself. If this isn’t a perfect example for me to not listen to others then Heck slap me again.

That’s awesome man!! Enjoy the hell out of it!! 1049 cannot come soon enough!!! So excited to see the future updates to knock this game out of the park!!

#5907 1 year ago

I really wish more people would stream this game! I’m sure we will get another stream in the near future when a code update comes along! I’d imagine SpookyBug and SpookyLuke will make that happen!

#5953 1 year ago

Hey Spooky!! Love the addition of the randomized hedge Michael hurry up when you finish a mode!! Everything looks awesome, 7 ball multiball looks nuts!

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

If only somebody made that suggestion at a show lol...

I’m honored brother!!!! I love it!!!! I hope everybody else feels the same!!

#5985 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I am hoping Spooky at some point tries to get creative with that upper playfield. I am sure they have a lot on their list and I am excited for new animations etc. - but with some of the creative ideas Im seeing implemented so far this area is in need.
Does anyone have suggestions for Spooky to better utilize the upper PF's?

I actually have a multiball mode that I’ve written up and sent over to SpookyLuke . I can post it here if you guys would like to see it and give some feedback.

#5995 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So #414 came home on Friday the 13th with zero issues out of the box other than a missing coin box (and topper parts) which Spooky has already sent out once I emailed them.
I intentionally did not seek one out to play before mine arrived and I have to wonder where the negatives actually come from. Because this game shoots great and is a TON of fun!! I sprayed the armor and lock bar with 2k, so I didn't get to actually play until Saturday evening, but spent the downtime installing some of the mods I had acquired while I waited for delivery. The house mod has been installed since these photos were taken.
The game is great and I do not regret selling Scared Stiff or ACNC to make room for it. Although, I really do miss ACNC, but my HEP JD came back so 2 had to go, and WOZ is the wife's, so it won't leave.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Truthfully, I feel like the game has been ripped limb from limb mostly by tournament players. This game truly isn’t meant for tournaments. In my eyes that’s not really a negative. This game was meant to be played by a Halloween fan, in a home environment, with the lights down low. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Not every game is going to be for everyone, not satisfy everyone. To me, this game has a specific audience, one that I am beyond happy to be a part of! It does shoot great to me and is a lot of fun! The code continues to progress and is better with every update! The updated animations, as SpookyLuke said, we will see them on July 10th. Patience is key my friends! I know all about it. I’m waiting for BSE #1049. What I can say is that my gf and I both played it a couple times at Pinfest and we absolutely loved it!!

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I thought the animations in July were only for Ultraman?

SpookyLuke Maybe you can confirm? If it was only for Ultraman, maybe I misread? I thought that’s when we were seeing some for Halloween as well.

#6000 1 year ago

We all like what we like! Not everyone will agree and that’s ok!

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The modes are interesting but the sanitarium & house battles are so far very rinse & repeat.

I have some ideas how to potentially make them more in depth, but stacking capabilities would be a bit more limited when being in one of those modes. Does anybody know if there is a playfield multiplier installed in the current code?

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

For sure! Bug and other Luke have a bunch of cool stuff written for it as well!

Can’t wait to see what else is in store!!!

#6011 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Good games like GZ, Maiden, TWD, etc are exactly the opposite of that, instead they offer multuple ways to skillfully score big.
I haven't had a chance to load 1.07 yet but it sounds like a step in the right direction. Up til now, HWN has been very wood-choppy. Start the mode, make the shots, get the points, with basically no opportunities to blow any scoring up. Each mode was worth ~5M give or take 30%. Hedge and Sanitarium were also flat, each worth a few million per SJ cycle with no chance to increase values on anything. The only multiplier in the game is a single 2x, locked up in the shop (whereas Maiden has 2, and 3x available pretty much anytime). No shot multipliers or anything else.
It sounds like the new hurryup will be something akin to soul shards or trailer trash, which definitely helps mode scoring, but it'd be nice to have modes like Fear of the Dark where skillful shooting can mean huge points (upper loop start, right ramp double, get both spinners going, etc).
This game has the artwork, theme and sound it needs in spades. It just needs good, compelling code now. Looking forward to trying 1.07.

A lot of good quality points in here. One of my fav things about TWD is the multiple ways to attack it and blow it up! And yes, the new hurry up does resemble that of a soul shard or trailer trash. It definitely adds some flair. The randomness of the hurry up amongst one of the three hedge Michael’s adds for spontaneity and a more tense and suspenseful hurry up. I would absolutely like to see playfield multipliers worked into the code as well! Depth of scoring is important. I like things when they are uncapped, especially not easily exploitable.

#6035 1 year ago

This was a mode I came up with in my spare time. I felt something of this nature could potentially be awesome, especially for a skilled player. Would love to hear people’s feedback about it though!

512AB8A0-805F-45A1-92BD-C52780367068 (resized).png512AB8A0-805F-45A1-92BD-C52780367068 (resized).png
#6055 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whoever suggested lights off and Michael breathing is a genius. That needs to be coded in to a mode. And a special mode at that. Would be a great moment that you don’t want to overuse. Similar to scared stiff

I’m sure other people have suggested it, but I had mentioned that in my mode I wrote up and posted on the last page. As a Halloween fan, it’s a must!!!

2 weeks later
#6424 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

First time I ever had to refuse something, thanks alot R&L Carriers.
[quoted image]

They messed up my DeadPool earlier this week too!! Such a joke how careless these shipping companies are!!

1 week later
#6625 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Ah give us a chance! We have completed every build so far on time and I firmly believe we will do so again on this one despite the massive hurdles in supply. I truly don't think we are going to let ya down!

Hey SpookyLuke , How’s the code update with the new animations coming along? No rush, just checking in to see if we can get any info!

#6627 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

They are working on it! The Ultraman ones will precede the halloween ones by quite a bit as the studio had to finish the UM stuff first then move onto the HW. The UM stuff is completed and being implemented though as we speak. The HW stuff is being created by the studio currently! The second we have it we will be implementing!

Happy to hear it brother! Any idea how much more is coming code/ruleset wise? SpookyLuke

#6629 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

ALOT. Working on finding ways to continue to add as long as possible literally as we speak!

Going to send you an email SpookyLuke , check it when you get a chance!

#6652 1 year ago

SpookyLuke Hey! Are you guys going to Pintastic next weekend?

2 weeks later
#6899 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone know if we getting an update at the same time as Ultraman (July 10th) or is this just a special code drop for Ultraman day?

I’m pretty sure it’s just Ultraman getting the update.

1 month later
#7921 1 year ago

BSE #1049 Butter email received last week! Not going with the butter cabinet as I just cannot justify the extra cost. This is a dream theme for me, but before playing the game at Allentown Pinfest, I was on the fence whether I was going to maintain my pre-order after seeing the reviews and issues. After playing it, my gf and I both decided that we enjoyed the game for sure and we are looking forward to the next year of potential code updates, which in my eyes are definitely needed. Sure the playfield is a bit quirky but that’s part of its charm! With that being said, this game won’t ever be a tournament game, and in truth, it doesn’t need to be. Not every game is for everyone. I believe this game will be enjoyed most at home with the lights out! I’m hoping the animations get the love they truly deserve in future updates. I have not looked at the work the new animators have done on Ultraman but I intend to. SpookyLuke SpookyBug , when I get my game, I will be diving into the code more and seeing if there are any suggestions I can make. I’d love to help in any way possible!! Still praying to see something along the lines of the Massacre Multiball wizard mode I sent to you guys!!! I’d imagine if my invoice is being sent this week that I would potentially have it within the next month? Hoping this game will stand the test of time and be bolted to my floor! I had the same hopes with Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle and unfortunately it just didn’t make the cut. Will this be the first of my dream themes to come home and leave? Or will she become legendary and be bolted?! TIME WILL TELL MY FRIENDS!!

#7953 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

There are many ways to approach the game, different modes and ways to progress. I seriously don't understand the knee-jerk reactions of some people. Unless they were flippers with little interest in the theme...

After the success people had flipping Rick and Morty, it’s easy to see why people hopped on the bandwagon to try again. Granted two totally different themes, but a lot of this hobby has seemed to turn into people taking shots in the dark to make money rather than to purchase the themes that truly speak to them. To be clear, I don’t have problems with people making money. Do whatever makes you happy but for me, this hobby is about seeing our favorite themes come alive in a world under glass. Halloween is a dream theme for me, and while I have my concerns with things I’ve seen and read, I’ve also played a couple games on it and enjoyed it. If Halloween does not stand the test of time with me and my family, it would be the first time ever that one of my dream themes would be on the move.

#8054 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, Halloween dropped below an 8.0 which is absurd… there’s no way that Led Zep is even in the same universe as Halloween. Owners.. if you havnt left a review please do. You’ve spent the most time on the game and buyers who are on the fence need to hear from you. Or… Do it for Spooky! Top 100 resets in two days.

I plan to leave a review after my game is delivered and I have a good amount of time on it. I’ve only played a couple games and it was older code so I want to leave the an appropriate review. I do agree that it should not be that low though.

2 weeks later
#8677 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Does the powder look like this in person? Because it sure doesn't look the same in your photos.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Could just be the angle of the light but it doesn’t strike me as the same from those pictures. Rdoyle1978 , can we get some more pictures of the whole package! Glad your game was perfect out of the box though!!

1 week later
#9145 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's 5 hits, but it's only one hit if you do it during the skill shot ball launch.
The 5 hits thing is annoying, making the shot feel kind of useless normally and risky to bother attempting normally. There was mention of new gameplay attached to the tombstone in the coming code so hope we see more use and scoring attached to that part, cause outside of the ball launch lock, it feels pretty pointless to bother with currently

I feel like maybe they should make this kind of like Well Walker MB was in TWD, all increments of 2 shots after the initial was 5. Maybe make the first one only one shot to the tombstone target to lock a ball. Then for the second one do 3, and the third and beyond a constant 5. At least then maybe it’s worth it to try to go for it a couple times. Maybe even treat it along the lines of Crypt MB from ACNC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wombatpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=wombatpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.