Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonloc777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8611 1 year ago

I just purchased CE #46 from a friend and currently experiencing some issues. Has anyone else had smoke coming out of the middle playfield during sanitarium multi ball? The game just recently had the pinotaur board replaced and worked great for 3 games. Upon inspection I can see that there are some dark burn marks on the board. The game fires up but stays in the calibrating switches phase. You def cannot start a game, but all the high scores and normal spooky ads are scrolling on the screen as usual. This will be the 3rd time the board has fried from what I understand from the previous owner. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue to re occur? It looks like it is running older code currently. Would this cause that sort of issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

297F1CCF-5A0D-421F-BE74-24A0E63F2E04 (resized).jpeg297F1CCF-5A0D-421F-BE74-24A0E63F2E04 (resized).jpeg5E399E7C-2DD8-4C94-A04D-2E8C4DA0FF6C (resized).jpeg5E399E7C-2DD8-4C94-A04D-2E8C4DA0FF6C (resized).jpeg
#8640 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies. I checked out a few more things and wanted to run them by everyone. It looks like transistor 7 blew which controls the scoop drop knockdown on the middle upper playfield. Considering I was in sanitarium multiball when it started smoking would this be a good spot to try and narrow down the problem. Think it started smoking right after I collected the sanitarium jackpot. A few folks think it could be a replacement coil that was wired backwards or something metal making contact under the playfield with that particular coil on the middle upper playfield. Thanks again for any info. We are submitting officially to spooky tomorrow and they have been very helpful with the previous 2 board replacements.

1 week later
#8887 1 year ago

Quick question on the correct placement on the pinatour board for switch 6, switch 4, switch 2. Mine are not labeled and was hoping somebody could send a pic of their board with the wiring for those specific ports. Here is what I have currently. Just double checking to make sure. I would really appreciate it.

2AE81244-04CE-474A-9982-7AA453F81E5A (resized).jpeg2AE81244-04CE-474A-9982-7AA453F81E5A (resized).jpeg
#8916 1 year ago

Subbed out my pinatour board recently and went to test a few things today. Everything seems to be functioning properly except the coils. When I go to test any of the coils nothing happens. Upon starting a game it will not kick a ball out of the trough due to the coils not working. Any ideas on what could cause this? I double and tripled checked the connections and everything seems to be in the right area on the board. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#8919 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m assuming you checked the fuses.

I will double check the fuses in the morning. Also, does Halloween have an interlock switch. I’m not seeing one, but I’m fairly new to pinball repair. Thanks again. Love this game, just need to get it back up and running.

3 weeks later
#9926 1 year ago

Could someone with a new or recent build send me a picture of their 50volt power supply connection to the pinatour board. Troubleshooting a few issues and trying to see if the wiring is the same. Thanks is advance.

85245001-7C2D-4F3D-89CA-5AFD8ACDC4D0 (resized).jpeg85245001-7C2D-4F3D-89CA-5AFD8ACDC4D0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10273 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I've found that 2nd playfield/Sanitarium left flipper to be underpowered, very difficult to get a shot into the upper right drain. I've searched for flipper coil power adjustments but haven't found them. I'm pretty sure that there are flipper coil power adjustments on my other Spooky games (RAM, ACNC). Am I missing it in the menu? If it doesn't currently exist, any idea if there's a plan to include it in software updates?

I was also hoping for individual coil strength options for the flippers. Does anyone from spooky know if this will be added in future updates?

#10385 1 year ago

Anyone have suggestions for a loose coin door. There is a lil bit of play in mine and appears to be a small gap between the lock mechanism and the actual cabinet. Not a huge deal, but hoping to get it tightened up. I tried tightening the back nut but it doesn’t seem to help. Do I need to order a shorter lock?

2 weeks later
#10916 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Posted awhile ago about random switch being triggered when the ball is ejected into the shooter lane. Go into switch test and see if Switch 17 is registered as being hit. Confirmed with Spooky that a Switch 17 is actually not present in the game, but a phantom 'hit' is triggered for Switch 17 on the PROC board. They had me cut the pin in Switch 17 position on the board, and it took care of it.

Mine is randomly doing this as well. My 3rd drop target pops up and down a few times upon startup and sometimes will say skill shot missed. I’m wondering if this is due to the spring underneath. I’m using a slightly larger spring (scoleri bros from Ghostbusters) bc the other one flew off when I was adjusting the tension. I was confused in switch test which switch on the game to hit to see if 17 was being triggered. Also, anyone know if they have a smaller replacement spring that may work better than the one I’m currently using. Thanks for any info available.

#10953 1 year ago

Made it to stalker mode for the first time today. So much fun!! Really creative tense moments trying to avoid Michael on the playfield. Might be one of the best modes that I have played in pinball. Not sure why people hate on the code so much. One mode away from boogeyman wizard! Only question I have was it seemed like I could not get the jack’o’lantern lit again. The drop targets never popped back up. I hit the orbits a few times, but was wondering if it was a bug.

1 week later
#11150 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Pumpkin shot rejections. Getting like 100% rejections on my game. Anyone sell an easy fix for this?

It’s not the prettiest solution, but I can bury shots from the left or right flipper. The pumpkin plant mod covers it, so you don’t really see it from the players perspective. Just a lil square piece of that rubber tape insulation for windows or doors from Home Depot.

98BAE765-DC3E-48F3-B961-3287DF29558C (resized).jpeg98BAE765-DC3E-48F3-B961-3287DF29558C (resized).jpeg
#11179 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Why is there duct tape behind the black foam rubber piece?
RM

That was my first solution. Just a few pieces and it was working pretty well. Tested the rubber and it became extremely reliable. I used duct tape on my TNA and it def helped as well. Just needed a lil bit of padding to help with rejects. Think you could def do just the rubber and be fine with Halloween. I also removed the Mylar around the scoop.

1 week later
#11300 1 year ago

Quick question. My lower playfield lights are not lighting up. For example the blood splatters, hedge multiball jackpots, and pretty much everything going up the middle on the main playfield. The LED strips are all lit up and the upper playfield lights on sanitarium and the house area are fine and work with the corresponding modes. In light test everything functions as well except for the areas noted above and the pumpkin/scoop flasher seems to be the only flasher not responding. Anyone have any ideas where to look for an issue?

#11301 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Quick question. My lower playfield lights are not lighting up. For example the blood splatters, hedge multiball jackpots, and pretty much everything going up the middle on the main playfield. The LED strips are all lit up and the upper playfield lights on sanitarium and the house area are fine and work with the corresponding modes. In light test everything functions as well except for the areas noted above and the pumpkin/scoop flasher seems to be the only flasher not responding. Anyone have any ideas where to look for an issue?

Looks like the furthest right drop target is lit underneath and that’s about it for the main playfield. All the rgb connectors are tight around that area and at the pinatour RGB section. Weird that it stops right there at that first drop target.

DE443013-EE87-458D-A150-2D3C00DEAE3E (resized).jpegDE443013-EE87-458D-A150-2D3C00DEAE3E (resized).jpeg
#11379 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

With so many posts after yours and being a day behind, unsure if you resolved your lighting issue. When some of my pf LEDs went out I found the culprit lies with the last RGB that's lit. The line out from that RGB was damaged, taking down the LEDs from there.

Got it figured out. The middle drop target light board was the culprit. Upon this small victory I played about 3 games and my goddamn Michael hedge servo 3 went out lol….easy fix, but I’m starting to think this game hates me. Boogeyman def lives inside this particular build lol.

1 week later
#11683 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well seems like some major bugs.
I was playing house multiball stacked with Bob and Lynda and I hit the right drop target and got the ball onto the upper playfield and the flipper was inactive during multiball so I couldn't hit the jackpot shot. This then happened a second time. On the third time I cleared the drops and the flipper worked fine but when the ball drained into the pumpkin the whole game shut down and went into mode select in the middle of multiball letting the other two balls drain to select a mode.
That was my first ball on my first game

This is present in the old code as well. Those are my favorite modes to stack bc of the similar shots on the upper playfield. Usually my flipper is fine, but once you make the upper playfield jackpot shot the ball gets stuck on the magnet and you cannot finish the mode ending shot at the pumpkin. Haven’t had it crash ever , but wondering if anyone else has that issue. Haven’t updated the code yet, but sounds like it still might be an issue.

#11823 1 year ago

Anyone else notice the dirty pool shot is gone after the update? Used to be if you knocked down the center drop target and then split them perfectly to the upper playfield without hitting the other 2 drops. Seems to do nothing now upon achieving it. Thought it used to award 5 million and automatically start house battle with Michael. Spooky Luke or bug can you confirm? Def One of my favorite things to achieve. Also, if anyone is still getting center ramp rejects try changing your divert flip offset and divert lock offset. Changed mine to be divert flip offset = -6 and the divert lock offset to 9. Really seemed to make that shot much more reliable. Basically just try to align the servo up there to coincide with the center ramp exit in either position for the house lock or the return to left ramp. Hope this helps.

#11831 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Mine seems to work correctly. I can get that shot fairly often if I can get control of the ball shooting from the left flipper

Interesting. I tested it with the glass off and it doesn’t seem to do it anymore. Tested it 3 times to be sure. Let me know if anyone else is having that issue. Not the end of the world, but something fun to shoot for.

#11987 1 year ago

The dirty pool shot is def gone. Tested it with the glass off and I can’t get it to start anymore. If you guys are having drop target issues I found replacing them all with these have been much more reliable. They were recommended by Luke from spooky. https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-drop-target-spring.html

#11989 1 year ago

Was just playing and I think the bob and Linda bug happens no matter if the mode is stacked with house or not. It seems like the very last shot in the mode just sits on the dump ramp magnet no matter what until it goes into ball search. This is on the very last shot to finish the mode and not to be confused with the nail file video shot. Anyone else experiencing this? Not trying to be a jerk, just want to get to the bottom of these bugs.

#12051 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Playing on the new code and discovered what may be a bug.
Whenever starting "Laurie Slashes Back" and the ball plunges, the dump ramp will drop. I don't recall if this action was in previous code versions.
Does anyone else's machine do this?

It does it on death in the driver seat as well. Was going to post, but kinda getting tired of it. Hoping they start testing these updates before releasing.

#12147 1 year ago
Quoted from NOrbit:

Yes guidance from AJ directly..... I just got my third board last week not installed yet..... The game is on location and on at least 8 hours a day. Spooky customer service has been great but the board issues I am having with this game are frustrating.. I have a game from the 80s that is on every day for the last 10 years with zero problems ever (besides basic maintenance).... Not sure what the solution is for my situation but so far Spooky's solution is to keep swapping boards.

I feel your pain. Went through 5 boards before tracing it back to shoddy crimping at the 48v power line on the power distribution board located in the bottom right corner. My molex at the solenoid power on the pinatour was getting extremely hot and causing issues with the board as well and required re-crimping with a nicer quality trifurcom. Went through similar issues with crimping on my TNA. Also, the new board that I got was not compatible with the new rgb connectors provided. One will fit and the other requires a splice. No need for soldering. I just did this about 3 weeks ago and haven’t had any issues so far. Hope this helps. If your going to own a spooky pin I highly suggest buying a fancy crimp tool and some high quality trifurcom terminals.

https://www.pinballlife.com/156-trifurcon-crimp-terminals.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/molex-crimp-tool-for-0156-terminals.html

#12148 1 year ago

Also the new RGB cables will not match color wise with your old ones. To save you the headache of calling spooky here is the correct configuration and spliced wires. This will be for the upper playfield RGB section.

3F31216E-8E77-4A94-8DB6-3A7F0B7D64FE (resized).jpeg3F31216E-8E77-4A94-8DB6-3A7F0B7D64FE (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonloc777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=tonloc777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.