IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdvmnt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#985 2 years ago

162! Cannot wait. #dnapac Need to get back home and check yours out! I've never seen ACNC in the wild either.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Looks like there at game 100…pace seems to be way less then 25 a week, but maybe I am not doing the math right.

There's ultraman in that 25/week number also.

1 week later
#1274 2 years ago

LOL Nice one Spooky!

256083471_611077249928530_7427141373233582351_n (resized).png256083471_611077249928530_7427141373233582351_n (resized).png
#1310 2 years ago

Awesome news Luke! You guys are killing it. You're new and learning. As always take pinside with a grain of sand. Like I've heard before, a lot of flip phone users on here

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Picked up #120 today, and saw plenty of them sitting by the door ready to ship out. No "delay gate" conspiracy theory happening here.

Ha! Delay gate. Awesome

1 week later
#1574 2 years ago

Got my 162 options email yesterday. No butter.

1 week later
#1827 2 years ago

162, invoiced.

#1863 2 years ago

Pinotaurs are in. Spooky post on Facebook. Full house in there!

Screenshot_20211207-195048_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211207-195048_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1997 2 years ago

162 shipped yesterday. Will be in town today! Probably won't get it until tomorrow.

#2010 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Bit confused seeing some later numbers ship out I'm 141 and haven't heard nothing about mine shipping yet? Is it because my game is coming from a distributor and not directly from spooky.

I would imagine your distributor was contacted already.

#2076 2 years ago

After a shipping delay.. He's home! 162

20211220_093039 (resized).jpg20211220_093039 (resized).jpg
#2109 2 years ago

Any update on the new code drop?! Can't wait to see it.

#2157 2 years ago

After scaring the Shi* out of my wife while she was playing. She got a picture. Instead of killing me.

IMG_20211224_143046 (resized).jpgIMG_20211224_143046 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2276 2 years ago

New code is awesome. That right loop is a bitch! Great job spooky

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Firehawk734:

Can someone who me through how go update code and where to do it on the machine? I've never done it before.

https://new.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Download from the white "code update" url on that page.

Format USB to fat32, copy files, eject. put USB in open USB port behind speakers. Turn on game. Follow instructions.

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

So the scoop on ours has been impossible to hit. you can hit it directly and it just hits the hole and pops out, only way it goes in is off random sling shot or side to side. anyone have an idea on what I can do. tried bending the metal guide down and up but had no luck changing the outcome. pretty frustrating.

It's tough. I can reliably hit it with the right flipper. Left is a crap shoot

#2353 2 years ago

Per the scoop rejects. Mine initially was great. Backhanding was much easier. After quite a few games though, it was almost impossible to make from any flipper. I bent it down and tweaked a bit more horizontally so it's now square with the hole again. I think the balls can easily make that diverter bend over time. It's still a bitch from the left flipper.

Drop targets were flawless in the first few games also. Now they're either getting stuck or don't go down all the way. I'll order a few of the different length springs and see if that helps. I did lift the playfield and there's not much play to that mech. The drops seem square with the hole in the PF too.

Other than those 2 issues. Game is a blast. New code is great. Re-watched the '78 HWN this week. Almost mandatory before playing the game I swear.

1 week later
#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I've had Halloween since the beginning of November and have put a ton of games on it. It really is a unique layout and I'm enjoying it a lot. These are just some thoughts on the code and how I would implement things.
--Don't auto-select pumpkin modes
--If a pumpkin mode is active when multi-ball is started, pause it until multi ball is complete.
Hedge Multi-ball:
--Instead of "locking" a ball in each hedge to start, qualify each hedge independently with 3 shots each
--Any shots to a hedge after qualifying will increase that hedge's jackpot value when in multi-ball
--Multi-ball can be started when at least 1 hedge is qualified at the scoop
--1 hedge = 2 balls, 2 hedges = 3 balls, 3 hedges = 4 balls
--Multi-ball can be canceled at the scoop if you only have 1 or 2 hedges qualified and want to go for more
--While in multi-ball, you can complete each hedge by hitting its drop target first followed by the hedge shot.
--Once a hedge is complete you can complete it again for additional jackpots but only after completing other hedges that are active during that multi-ball.
--Completing all 3 hedges, either all at once or individually in 2 or 3 separate multi-balls randomly assigns Michael to one of the hedges for the Super Jackpot, and if hit qualifies hedge for the night he came home
--Scoring - Jackpots multiplied by how many hedges you go into multi-ball with.
Sanitarium Multi-ball:
--Asylum levels would be based on how many patients you collect by hitting the drop targets, 1=10, 2=20, 3=30
--Restartable, keeping track of how many patients you previously collected
House Multi-ball:
--Instead of just 3 center ramps to start, maybe a combo of hitting the tombstone and then the center ramp with a timeout?
--During multiball make Michael slowly come back to life so you might need to hit the spinners again before collecting the Super Jackpot

Yes to all of this!

1 week later
#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

We finally got the plant online so I will be able to troubleshoot my trough issue where the balls don't feed consistently into the shooter lane. Where can I get information on which switches are connected where? Connector for the coil in the trough? I like to be able to reseat those connectors without having to hand over hand the wiring or disassembling a bunch of stuff to figure out where it goes. I know the manual is coming, but I wasn't expecting to have to dive in so quickly. I have checked the trough switches in test, replaced the balls. I haven't reloaded software but that is probably my last step in troubleshooting. Also for software bugs, if you were to lose a ball during a mode with ball save active and prevent a ball from going into the shooter lane it does some real funky stuff.

Call spooky, the number inside your coin door.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

For those having issues with the center drop targets not always dropping, especially on hard hits, I can confirm that replacing their springs with Bally/Williams 10-364 springs has completely fixed that problem for me.

Same here. Now I just have to tweak the scoop. That thing is about impossible to get into from the flippers.

2 weeks later
#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Anyone elses machine freeze after being on for a bit?

Negative

1 week later
#3620 2 years ago

I find myself shooting for the middle playfield and letting it drain to start modes. The scoop can be a bugger.

#3644 2 years ago

My scoop was initially easily made from the right flipper. Several hundred games in it now and it's NOT a gimme. I'm guessing the scoop needs to be bent down more. I've tried tweaking it a little but need to do more.

I'll have to slomo video it a few times.

#3653 2 years ago

New update looks freaking awesome! Great video too guys. Now I need to go back and watch Ultraman

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if I missed the conversation, but did mode memory or mode timers make this update?

Lol you notice the typo but missed the timers on the screen and them talking about the modes timing out now

#3683 2 years ago

I rewatched 2007 Halloween on netflix the other night. Whole new take and raunchy. Loved it.

1 week later
#3791 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Alright so I got my new drop target springs. Anyone have any good videos on how to switch them lol

Just be careful with those little c-clips. They like to disappear really quickly if you're not careful. It was easy other wise.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but when I was in mode selection last night, there was blood dripping from mode 4. Anyone else ever had this happen?
[quoted image]

I saw that last night too. OF course I chose that mode. Didn't see anything different though.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

It's from the Michael/Laurie house mode health meter that's almost hidden.

Ha! That's awesome. Here I thought I had a boosted mode

#4077 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Wish I was more tech savvy, I can’t figure out the update process. Think I’ll just live with 1.05 rather than risk bricking the machine. Still an awesome game with that code.

It couldn't be easier. Copy that file to a USB stick. Nothing else on it. Formatted as Fat32. Right click and eject it in windows. Plug the usb stick into the cable just inside your coin door on the left and turn the game on.

#4094 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71

I'm betting shipping will kill you. I always end up with a bunch of stuff in my cart there trying to justify the shipping on a cheap part.

My bet is spooky will take care of you.

#4102 2 years ago

Possible bug. Or intentional. When starting modes two and three the right flipper fires twice on its own. Haven't noticed the other modes doing it yet

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I was told it’s to alert you a ball is about to roll out …. Pretty cool really

No it happens before this cutscene for the mode even starts.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Code Readme said- UPDATE mode selecting will phantom flip the lower right flipper before ejecting.

It happens right before the cut scene on those two modes just a bug I'm sure. Ball's not coming out for 5ish seconds at that point until the first cutscene quits. Or if you hit both flippers.

On that note I hit the new pumpkin mode a couple times tonight with Don't fear The reaper. Awesome!

#4112 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

My game still won't play. I tried to reload 1.05, wouldn't take. Followed instructions still no. I emailed in and called spooky tech support on Monday. Whoever answers the phone at tech was very short and just kept saying I needed to email the software developer, I tried to explain I had already done that , but it sounded like they just wanted to get me off the phone. So zero star review for you on that. I asked tech to call me back so I could speak to them, and they texted me to contact the developer Instead. I emailed back and forth with software all day Tuesday, downloaded new link they sent., Still didn't work. Sent all my file info etc, he said it looks like my windows 7 doesn't format or load their files. He said they would look more into it and mail me a USB to load If they can't work it out. I've asked multiple times why this game just didn't have wifi added and nobody can give a good answer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Windows 7 went end of life January 2020. Free upgrade to 10. I wouldn't touch a windows 7 computer with a 10 foot pole today.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Windows 7 is excellent.
I use it still in my CAD/CAM manufacturing center. So what? Shouldn't be an issue.
Many businesses still use it.

Companies can pay for extended windows 7 support. This is the last year they can do that.

Regular users on the internet with windows 7. Are asking for it.

#4268 2 years ago

Anyone else lose the shot values on skill shot after 1.06b? The shots light but nothing on the screen?

#4405 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So it appears the scoop for the pumpkin shot can bend backwards, making the shot nearly impossible as others have mentioned here in the past. My previously automatic backhands started failing more and more, so I checked the deflector and noticed it was a fair bit more vertical than I remember.
I was able to bend it back using just 2 fingers pulling down from the front. Shots started working great again. Problem is, if it's getting bent back in just some hundreds of games, and I'm able to bend it back the other way with just my fingers, the metal is too weak and the part needs to be re-engineered... thicker metal, and/or an indentation to reinforce the bend, similar to pic.
If you can't make the scoop, try bending the flap downward and attempt backhand shot, see if it improves.[quoted image]

Run your finger over the front of the scoop protector too mine was bent up quite a bit causing a lot of bad shots

#4433 2 years ago

Check the cliffy with your finger to make sure it's not bent causing the ball to jump. Mine was. Replaced mylar from extra in coinbox and shots are good again.

3 weeks later
#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Could someone explain the rules for pumpkin mode "Death in the Drivers Seat"?
I have played that mode quite a few times and it seems the right orbit has a problem registering when I hit that shot. I have run the switch tests repeatedly and the switches test good EVERY time. I also have the "rubber sleeve" trick in place on the right guide to ensure the switch is actuated properly when the ball rolls by.
I don't understand the colors either when making those shots. I know the shot will indicate green when you make it, but then after a bit that shot indicator turns red. What do the different colors mean?
Is there a sequence or a time limit you have to follow when shooting the two orbits and the two ramps?

https://new.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

hwn mode (resized).pnghwn mode (resized).png
#5098 1 year ago

Just an FYI.. 162 here. Well north of 500 games. Powerdercoat still looks great. Are others seeing this around the same number as me? Maybe bad batch?

#5324 1 year ago

Installed a new IPS display and controller off of amazon yesterday. Night and day. Printed 4 monitor hold down clips off off thingiverse to hold it in place.
Display
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089NZDCZH
Controller
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5DTGKC

His eyes are truly black now.

20220424_105929 (resized).jpg20220424_105929 (resized).jpg
#5498 1 year ago

Crazy.. I have 162 with 800+ plays and still looks new. Something had to have changed.

1 week later
#5851 1 year ago

Keep an eye on the cliffy mylar. There's a white piece in the coinbox to replace it also. Good stuff

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from IVPinball:

How are people's experiences with Spooky's service department? I've been waiting for a week, but no response to my issues and questions email. They were mighty quick when I indicated I wanted to buy a Halloween, not so much now that I've paid for it.

Call them. Number's in the coinbox on the door.

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Anyone have some advice on how to adjust the pumpkin scoop properly?
I've tried bending, deadening foam, etc.
It's impossible to hit from either flipper.
Only way in is from the upper playfield.

Run your finger over the mylar protector on the pumpkin scoop. Mine was torn and the metal was sticking up on the scoop. Used some of the pre-cut mylar in the coinbox and it's back to normal now.

4 weeks later
#6588 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

770 arrived today. Unfortunately the coin box worked its way into the center of the machine and ripped off one of the playfield motors. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just lucky?
[quoted image][quoted image]

They need to be secured. Mine was way in the back. No damage but

3 months later
#9972 1 year ago

I initially had one getting hung up behind the pumpkin in the scoop. On one of the bolts sticking down if I recall. Adjusted my level or something but it hasn't happened in a long time.

1 month later
#11395 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221202_180912 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221202_180912 (resized).jpg
#11549 1 year ago

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

#11693 1 year ago

Loaded and loving the new UI guys. Weirdly makes it feel more complete.

#11729 1 year ago

IMO.. New update is epic. New UI makes it feel more professional, complete. New videos are amazing. Great work Spooky! Well worth the wait!

It did take me quite a few usb drives to get one to work. That one is now saved in the coinbox.

#11875 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I have code_H78 downloaded to my USB drive. I tried all three USB ports and the game just boots up regularly. It’s not recognizing the USB stick
[quoted image]

Reformat it, Fat32, 32bit. Then check the size.. Or, just re-download it. I had an incomplete download somehow that was messing with me.

1 month later
#12549 1 year ago

Go into servo test and check it

1 month later
#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

I have a couple questions…
1. Aside from buying one in the store, how do you get an extra ball???
2. Why does my game never match???
I have owned (second owner) for almost 3 weeks now and I have no idea how to answer those two questions

Fkn hilarious, I've had it for over a year and a half. I need to pay more attention to match but I think I've learned to ignore them at home.

Extra balls. Yes you need to earn them with bloooood.

#13356 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

They still need to add the final wizard mode too

Cleaned up HWN last night and went through the paces with the glass off and teaching wifey how the modes worked. I can confirm I was sad when I couldn't see the final mode! We both did learn a lot though. Had the game since the beginning but lots of other machines some get played less. First thing she said today. We need to play halloween tonight lol

I did hard kill the machine before I drained the final ball so I didn't have to stare at my fake score forever

5 months later
#15679 6 months ago

Got a new drop target deflector from Spooky. They actually sent a few of them to me. I for the life of me cannot figure out how the playfield needs to come off.

Anyone have any tips? My google/search fu must be broken today.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sdvmnt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=sdvmnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.