20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ya, I’m sure it’ll be addressed…now ours just became rare…like an early TZ with the green lock light… .

Unpopular opinion, but I think it won't be fixed. They have certain sized inserts (don't think they make them custom). And since they had the Ultraman license first, and the Baltan Bash insert fits on the same insert that Hedge MB is supposed to, I don't see it being changed. Would've been better to center the text and maybe reduce the size to fit.

3 weeks later
#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

1. That's my plan, get a nice super polished knife and add some blood.
2. If you say it's more enjoyable than R&M, then I will be in heaven. That is a very high bar to clear

This should be the exact knife they use. They mentioned it was from trick or treat studios in one of the podcasts early on.

https://trickortreatstudios.com/halloween-michael-myers-butcher-knife-prop.html

2 weeks later
#504 2 years ago

Dang. Game just crashed on Karl. He completed all 6 modes, then hit all 3 drops and it crashed. Bug report

2 months later
#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

So the scoop on ours has been impossible to hit. you can hit it directly and it just hits the hole and pops out, only way it goes in is off random sling shot or side to side. anyone have an idea on what I can do. tried bending the metal guide down and up but had no luck changing the outcome. pretty frustrating.

Perhaps adding some thin adhesive foam to the scoop hood, so the ball deadens and drops in rather than violently rattling out?

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Seems really silly that it is not included.

I believe Spooky does the powder in house, so it does seem silly that the shooter housing wasn't done, as well. Only thing I could think of is that the housings they use are chromed and they would have to strip that off first. Perhaps they couldn't get raw housings.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We weren't sure about the coating that comes on them to us. Raw isn't an option. I'm sure it would be no problem to include it on future games! We always want to add as much stuff as we can but eventually you just run out of time to develope new processes. Just saves improvements for the next one!

I don't mind the chrome housing. It'll provide contrast to my BS metal flake. I can imagine it would be impractical to buy, then have to sandblast each housing before powder coat.

4 months later
#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was pretty disappointed in this as well, because
1) I have played the game quite a bit and a lot of the "criticisms" were either half-baked, or flat not true, plus - yeah they were clearly enjoying themselves
2) I really respect Kevin Manne who is a big part of "Bro..." (he was not on this stream), and Kevin is SUPER open about trying new games, and is a big Multimorphic supporter - so I was totally unprepared for the nonsense.
3) They HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE?!?!?

Kevin was on both the Halloween play show and the talk show. He and Nick are the main Bros. Kevin gives the game more praise than Nick does.

#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can we get some more functionality out of the Sanitarium Playfield? It would REALLY help the game to add some clever features here since the ball ends up there so much. How about:
- Drop target thru shot for mode add time
- 100 standup target hits for extra ball
- Bonus X mode scoring for backhand reverse shots out of the Sanitarium
- Hedge add a ball for successfully dropping target and shooting through during multi.

Really like that add a ball idea. I love when add a ball is NOT the gimme mystery shot.

1 month later
#6797 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Mine crashes if the game has been on for a few hours. A reboot will fix it every time. I assumed it was a code issue, and not a huge deal. I’m sure they’re track it down and address the problem.

Could this be similar to that memory leak thing that caused ACNC issues? I know this is a new board system, so not sure.

2 weeks later
#6987 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I bought a membership in April 2021 an never received a damn thing. Not even special videos or anything. lol

The new stuff is likely tied to the next game, so not dropping it till the game is announced. August is what I was told when I asked.

#6995 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We will be completed with all of our direct sale games shortly. Only ones lagging are some direct prints I believe which should be resolved very shortly. We are building TONS of games right now. The remaining CEs are almost all distributor games and the distributors have all been urged to start invoicing as we plan to wrap up CE production over the next couple months! Then on the bloodsuckers and standards! I think some distributors may be lagging behind where others are farther ahead of the game! At this rate I think everyone should be getting their game quicker than expected! Production is really coming together for us here!

Better start selling some stuff. I expected super late this year or early next for my Ultraman BSE.

#6997 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I’m not for sure but I don’t believe that the fang club swag has ever been tied to a game.

Just a guess. The first year Fang swag did have ties to AMH, RZ and ACNC in the poster that was part of the membership.

#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's little things like this that Spooky needs to take care of when they know there's an issue. It's been a "problem" since day one why aren't they adjusting it at the factory?

I imagine it is from them doing all the testing in a noisy factory, but I totally get the critique.

#7163 1 year ago

Ultraman code looks great, too, but we don't get bewbs. lol

1 week later
#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea was thinking it's too sensitive maybe cause it looks like it happens sometimes when the target pops up on the reset. If it's the switch is being sensitive, is there an easy tweak for this?

Yes, the blade can be adjusted in either direction. Some mounting plates have oval holes for easy adjustment, too.

1 week later
#7481 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man spooky should just hire you
can u provide link for where you got those covers?
Thanks

Ditto John. I wanna have this on hand for when I receive my Ultraman and do this mod day one. Thanks, in advance.

#7515 1 year ago

I've mentioned it before, but hopefully it will be seen in the way more active Halloween thread:

We need a tournament mode for Halloween and Ultraman.

SpookyBug is a regular tournament player and has the knowledge of what makes a good tournament game.

My suggestions for a tournament mode would be to set things to medium mode as default. Hedge/Baltan, for instance should start on the second level where it is required to hit the stand ups before the scoops are ready for locks.

Eliminate all EBs

Eliminate the option to buy points/ballsaves/tilt warnings.

We had an hour long round on Ultraman last night and we ended up doing a mercy rule to just get to the next round.

All that stuff is fun in the home environment, but we need faster harder gameplay for tournaments.

Love how the games are shaping up.

#7558 1 year ago

Is every update always going to wipe all the scores in this game?

If the rules are changing, I'd say the scores would and should be wiped.

1 week later
#7858 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok , I guess my distro doesnt take cc. How do you "wire" funds? Didnt realize it was the 50's and certainly wont use them again.

Mail a check? That's what I did with my distributor. Your bank should know how to do the wire transfer, but I've never done it and the bank will charge you.

#7923 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, one of the reasons I went with the BSE

Same here. Was gonna go standard until I saw that sweet powder. Plus the blades and extras were all worth it, too.

#7965 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Thanks for the measurement! I'm barely 2" short to make this damn thing fit...my luck.

You may be able to disconnect the motor and still have it on there, just not doing the stabbing.

#8028 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

After looking closer I realized it’s the cmos for the mother board and it’s not booting. Saving just continues the cycle. I have provided a look at the boot options in the cmos. Does anyone know if that looks right.
I unplugged a blue usb cable so I could plug in a keyboard to control the prompts.
Any guidance would greatly be appreciated.
I want to play this baby tonight
[quoted image]

Damn, that's 2 now. Wonder if Spooky got a bad batch of those mini PCs?

#8218 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Wish I could swing butter but I’m gonna have to go regular. Also through spooky.
Oh wait let me check my for sale ad
Seriously was a dream theme and for the price of a pro the standard seemed great. I’m not into bling on games, I prefer the black of the rails and no side blades for this game. Wish I could have gotten the topper but my basement might not be tall enough.

The standard rails will be silver vein powder, not black, unless something has changed.

#8221 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I thought it’s just standard black, hell I’d take standard stainless. [quoted image]

Interesting. I thought they said it would be the same powder as Rick and Morty standard and Alice Cooper standard. Matte black will look slick, though.

#8282 1 year ago

It helps to move pins down and up stairs and complicated areas. It can take a ton of weight out and makes it easier to move a cab around. Lot of folks will remove the back box, glass, and playfield to easily transport pins up and down stairs.
I got really tight stairs and to get my Godzilla in my office the whole thing was dismantled but it made it super easy to get upstairs. Thankfully the Sterns are designed really well for dismantling, very simple and easy to do. Older pins and such, you can't do this easy

I do this with older games where the head naturally comes off. I'll pull the head and move that, then the playfield, then the empty cab and don't have to ask for help with any of it, that way.

#8287 1 year ago

Sterns are just quite easy as it's like two cable bundles to unplug and just remove the box.

True. Before I figured out you can put them in sideways, I had to remove a couple Stern heads to transport them in my little Jeep Renegade. It's a breeze to remove a Spike system head and playfield.

#8316 1 year ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Hey Guys! Got a code question for you, has anyone been able to get the extra ball to award on replay score when the game is on freeplay? I'm definitely exceeding the score, but have never seen it awarded. Guessing it's either a bug or just not implemented yet (or maybe won't be for freeplay?)

Have you put it on coin play and tested with the glass off to see if it awards in that mode? Perhaps it is a bug that affects both?

#8318 1 year ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

I have, I wasn't able to get it to activate there either.

Could be a bug then. So this is a setting where you choose extra ball instead of a credit, at a replay threshold? Just making sure since I haven't been into those options. Does the knocker go off when the score has been reached?

#8480 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I would be interested in this as well.

They've been shipping the stuff all month. Some members have already received the swag and posted it in the Fang Club thread. They just have a lot of members now, so takes a bit to get them all processed.

#8552 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

No, it's supposed to be some sort of pearlescent black. Indeed we will find out soon!

This video shows it off nicely.

#8561 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Do we know for sure this is exactly what is on the BSEs currently being built? I think that would look better than the gold. If that's it, I'm looking forward to seeing it on a HWN.

Yes. It was shared early on by Spooky that this is the BSE powder. That video is what caused me to go for BSE over a standard Ultraman.

#8668 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well let's hope these boards can hold up. I don't know much about circuit boards but you're the 2nd and 3rd person who's brought up the question of using service mountain transistors. I assume that's old technology?

Surface mount is newer than through hole technology and it is harder to work on for most. Requires specialized hot air equipment vs a standard soldering/desoldering station.

#8680 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where’s the topper? Does that get installed by buyer?

Only CEs got the topper.

1 week later
#8956 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Honestly, that's not my problem. It was officially advertised at the time I put down my deposit with a distro. This will now be the 3rd Spooky game I bought that was supposed to come with a plaque, but didn't. What's so difficult about making these little plastics as promised?

Totally agree. My Ultraman will be a BSE and that plaque thing was definitely in all the distributor spam I got about the games ramping up to live sales day. It should be the black and red Bella T Bat plaque.

1 month later
#10326 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you take a photo of the vinyl fix? Wondering if we should be proactively doing somethine similar

Ditto. I'd be interested to see how he protected the area, as well.

#10384 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hello guys….just purchased a CE from a private seller. We love this game!! A couple of rubber rings seemed to be worn out so on the lower playfield. I’m in the process of shopping those out. I’ve ordered according to Spooky’s chart but I’m confused on what sizes go where. Is there anyway you can guide me? Where does the 2 1/2 and 2 inch rings go? I’ve included a pic with arrows. Sorry if this is petty. I’m not an expert in this at all!!
[quoted image]

2.5 inch rings are pretty standard for modern slingshot mechs. Older slings can be bigger, but that is a good rule of thumb.

#10386 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone have suggestions for a loose coin door. There is a lil bit of play in mine and appears to be a small gap between the lock mechanism and the actual cabinet. Not a huge deal, but hoping to get it tightened up. I tried tightening the back nut but it doesn’t seem to help. Do I need to order a shorter lock?

Either that or you can bend the latch part with pliers so that when it is closed, the latch is closer to the door frame and, thus, tighter.

#10409 1 year ago
Quoted from TILT44:

Got it all setup (Thanks, Ed!) and everything is working great!
[quoted image]

I was just wondering if you had received yours yet. Awesome.

1 week later
#10627 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes I do. It was on my recommendation that they contacted Matt and ultimately took him on board.
Matt is a wiz with C++ and Csharp or whatever it is (I ain’t no coder lol) and is an avid pinballer, owning 5 pins currently and playing competitively at my NZ events. In fact, he just played for 3 days straight at last weekends Southern Hemisphere Champs at my place.
I have been working with Matt for a while on my own new pin down here. Hence I know his work and skills.
Danni and I will assist him down here with code testing and rules ideas for all the titles he does going forward. Including HW and UM.
So rest assured Spooky fans!
Your code is in good hands.
rd

This is great news, Dave. Since you are an avid tournament player, your input should help Halloween and Ultraman get options like a tournament mode, etc to help bring game times down in a tournament setting.

#10697 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Let the chips fall where they may. I personally think it has more to offer than the majority of other modern pins. But…maybe that’s because Sterns are really starting to melt together for me too. Owning HWN Alien ACNC and Houdini over the last few months has been very eye opening

I'm not sure how the reviews work and also not sure why there are separate reviews for CE/BSE/Standard. This game plays identical regardless of version, so there should only be one review option, in my opinion. I get why Stern Pro and Premium would be separated, but this makes no sense.

Also agree that these games are a nice change from the same old stuff.

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I love Greg and Zach putting out the reviews and all their pin content. I find it entertaining and informative.
The problem I had was when Zach rated it low for enjoyability, citing the scoop rejects making him so angry. I knew if he took a minute to adjust it, that would probably would have been a higher score. (I know because mine never rejects a clean scoop shot.)
But in the end it is all good. Looking forward to the next review ZMeny !

I've been reading this scoopgate stuff since the release lol. I don't have my Ultraman yet, but I planned to install that taller scoop hood that others have linked from Marco's site. I feel it should allow the ball to get deeper/farther back to allow it to drop more often than it rejects. I have certainly had some rejects on the Ultraman on route near me.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

My scoop works well from both flippers, it’s just the way it bounces up from the subway I don’t like but it doesn’t jump out.

Have you tried a piece of deadening foam or something?

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I haven't seen this link to a different scoop. It might be worth investigating for me as I get rejects but not sure if it's the scoop or me. It seems like the ball hits the scoop hard from the left flipper and won't go in cleanly. I guess that's why you'd bend it but I'd rather have a better scoop if the option is available

It's kinda like this one. And this one may work fine, as well. I has a vertical section before the bend which allows the ball to get farther back. You have to drill a center hole between the 2 original holes and it'll fit fine after that.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8250-04

#10933 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This is the real question . Can't we still do a DD duplication (e.g. a byte for byte copy) that copy would then be "scrambled" in the exact same way as the original. So the decryption key on the TPM chip would decrypt the copy too...maybe. I'm an infosec guy and have duplicated drives for forensic purposes, but it's not my specialty. Maybe someone else knows.

I don't know if a copy process is needed. I thought the full image was available on their site in case you needed to reimage it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that was mentioned here or maybe the Ultraman thread.

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

And now for something completely different: When I have action on the upper playfield I jolt the machine if the ball is slowly moving at the post just before the drain to bounce it toward the flipper. I've found that after a bunch of games my palms especially below the thumbs are brutally sore. I'm seriously considering getting cycling gloves to pad my hands better. Has anyone else resorted to this and found it eliminated the bruising?
And yes, since HW is a HUO I have the tilt very liberally set (eg, plumb bob off)!

I started using weight lifting gloves about a year ago. I play in a lot of tournaments and my hands hurt. I used to think I'd never wear gloves, but Bob Matthews has the right idea and I am glad I started wearing them.

#10981 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Sorry but I'm glad then that I'm not the only one. I broke down and ordered two pair and should have them this week. Hopefully gloves won't make me play any worse but will cut down on the bruising! Thanks for weighing in.

I'm aggressive with games. Not disrespectful, but a game is gonna get a slap if I need to save a ball, so I figured I needed to get gloves because I'm not gonna stop slapping the games.

#11047 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Shaker is close to amp so you need splitters like this, then whatever lead you need to your external sub.[quoted image]

Not a big fan of those wiring loops being right above that sand resistor. That's gonna get toasty hot, I assume.

#11094 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Anyone having issues with the plunger not getting the ball in play. I figured I just needed a stronger spring kit I think that may have made it even worse!!

It's gonna boil down to the plunger tip striking the ball in the center. The shooter housing should be adjustable to achieve this.

1 week later
#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Is there a way to find out which code you're currently running? I recently received mine and not sure if I need to update it?

It should be displayed when you enter the service menu.

1 week later
#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Not that I know of, but they mentioned that they were surprised nobody found the one they put in HWN/UM. I think it was in the scooby thread

Maybe it's an artwork easter egg? Everyone tear your games apart looking for them jk

#11719 1 year ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Getting this error message trying to download the update file. Kinda Ridiculous....
"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Possibly due to Scooby sales being open right now? They always take a hit on order day.

#11723 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I guess spooky will be too busy today to help me with Scooby coming out or are they closed on Friday?

They are officially closed on Fridays, but I'm sure they are all there working on getting the site store back up ASAP.

#11822 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

My lower LED strip went out exactly at the point yours did. Called Spooky and they shipped me a replacement the next day. I believe the root cause for my lower strip failure was that the zip tie was too tight. Some believe air ball strikes may cause it but my bet is on an overtight zip as it failed just after that point. Replacement took maybe 15 mins, to cut old zips and then replace the zips and guard/diffuser.

I put a diffuser on my Ultraman LED strips. Easier on the eyes and hopefully helps avoid these types of issues.

1 week later
#12139 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A lot of us used these as replacements and they work great. amazon.com link »

One of mine is wigging out, so I'm gonna go ahead and do all 3 with these. I'm guessing based on what I see under the pf, that I just need to cut some zips to give me some slack to remove the wireform. Then just replace all three and neaten up the wiring and then remove the slack and then zip tie again. Any pointers for a smooth replacement? Am I missing anything?

3 weeks later
#12395 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Can’t wait to try out the scoop mod! Shipping right now is a bitch, I’ve been waiting almost a month for it to arrive.

Ordered mine today, for Ultraman. He did warn about the postal strike. Fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=rc_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.