IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdeslaur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4563 2 years ago

Options email: 2022-03-16
Invoice: 2022-03-28, #4849

#4566 2 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Options email: 2022-03-16
Invoice: 2022-03-28, #4849

Mine is a CE, and I didn't pick the butter cabinet.

1 week later
#4781 2 years ago

#380 shipped yesterday!

#4867 2 years ago

I haven't had time to investigate yet, but is the start button supposed to light up? Is there an ETA on a manual for this game?

#4999 2 years ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I haven't had time to investigate yet, but is the start button supposed to light up? Is there an ETA on a manual for this game?

Well, that would explain it

20220418_110828~2 (resized).jpg20220418_110828~2 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5613 1 year ago

I'm loving this game more and more, truly a great game!

Has anyone managed to get rid of the insane glass rattle? I tried electrical tape down the edges of the glass, and between the side rails and the channel, but I can't seem to get it to stop rattling like crazy with the audio...

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here is a post I did in the ACNC thread. Works mint. I’ll be doing it again on my HW.
<pasted>
Ok … ages ago I said I would build up a sub box and port the cabinet on my Spooky games, to stop the glass rattling.
Last night I finally got around to it.
Stage 1 - Port the cabinet!
~ The glass rattling is because the sub is creating waves of air in the cabinet, and the air has nowhere to go. A lot of bass comes off the BACK of bass speakers. That’s why pro PA bass cabinets are ported in some way - half the sound comes out the ports, not the front of the speaker as you’d think.
So - drill some holes! I chose a 2 1/4” hole saw and went to work. I drilled the holes at the rear of the speaker - reasonably close, so the sides of a sub box would cover them. (You want the holes inside the sub box, of course …)
Here is the result!
[quoted image]
The result of these holes - all bass rattle has gone.
I turned the amp bass up full. Still no rattle.
You know at the start of each ACNC ball - if you leave the ball in the shooter lane the background music has a pulsing bass … this usually shakes the machine like crazy. Now - nothing. Sounds cool. No added mechanical noises that we can notice.
Cosmetically, it just needs some mesh stapled over the holes (if you care about such things)
Cost of this mod …. $0.
A free mod in pinball! WTF!
Priceless.
Now to me, I’m happy with the result and I may leave it as is.
However - one day I may be bored and whip up a sub box to see what happens. My prediction would be that the bass output would increase, and the bass would be tighter, as the box hastens the exit of the sound from the cabinet (rather than it swirling around inside the cabinet). Maybe I’ll make one. One day.
So - go drill some holes!
Enjoy.
rd

Oh wow, that looks like it may do the trick.

Now I wonder if the wife would let me drill holes into her pinball machine

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A friend just received his HWCE and the two lower hedge Michaels fast shake on power up until after the boot up and then they will go back to fast shaking while playing. 1.06b is now installed and no change. Is this relating to the long wiring all being lopped up and zip tied or is there something else to check?
Thanks.

Mine does that too, I think it's normal. Do they come out when you get the ball in them?

2 weeks later
#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Fawzma is sitting across the table from me coding the autoplunge in right now! We'll likely throw a 1.07A up in the near future here with a couple fixes and this feature as well. As far as the game restart at the start button goes, this was implemented in a previous code update so it should be there for you. At the start of a new ball hold the start button for about 5 to 7 seconds and it'll reset to ball 1. In the patch we do, we will put this as an option in the menu.

Please add a feature to completely cancel the current game by holding down the flipper button and the start button. I really like that feature when non-pinball friends come over and they walk away after 2 balls...

#6078 1 year ago
Quoted from Newtothis:

I didn't even know that was a thing. What games does that work on?

Works on newer Sterns. Maybe the option is turned off by default, I can't remember.

1 week later
#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

I have purposely not watch any gameplay video yet which means i have no clue what i’m doing. I will catch up with that soon but the first gameplay is all part of my unboxing experience. [quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, where did you get the sticker with the signatures on it?

2 months later
#7754 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Just curious if the start button is supposed to light up? Mine did not come with a LED in it.

Mine didn't either, I had to put one in myself.

1 week later
#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea that's strange to happen to two people so close to each other
Do all the Halloweens use the same mini pc so far? Thought I saw someone mention not having one?

Mine doesn't have that mini pc, it's got some type of raspberry pi in it.

#8041 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Mine doesn't have that mini pc, it's got some type of raspberry pi in it.

I think this is what I have:

https://up-shop.org/up-board-series.html

#8046 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I thought these had pinotar boards or whatever?
Or does the pc handle something else?

I believe pinotaur is the driver board. The PC actually runs the code and drives the display.

5 months later
#12710 1 year ago

Could someone take a picture of where the Michael servo wires run? I forgot to take a picture before replacing the servos and now it looks to me like the wires are really visible and in the way, but perhaps they were always like that and I had not noticed.

#12714 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Here are a few pics showing how the Michael servo wiring is run. You can see that I used some split-loom tubing to conceal the wiring between each of the servos and where the wire bundle goes down into and through the playfield.

Thanks for the pics. That tubing is pretty nice, I'll have to pick some up.

2 weeks later
#13149 1 year ago

The two subwoofer connectors are just connected together inside the amp, there's no need to remove a wire going to the speaker.

LP-168HA07 (resized).jpgLP-168HA07 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#15007 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's is the question isn't it?
Seems like every 50 games one of these need replacing.
Be nice to find a replacement and be done for a couple years.

Michael #1 and #3 broke a few weeks ago. I replaced all 3 with genuine Tower Pro servos. I probably played 50 games, and now #1 and #3 are dead again.

If someone knows of a brand that lasts a long time, I'm all ears.

5 months later
#16440 4 months ago

m4tt could the next code update please fix the Mode Select animation? The animation still shows only 6 modes, then when the animation finishes all 9 modes are there. It bugs me every time when I play.

Thanks!

1 month later
#16541 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Hi folks,
Just posting this for those owners who have acquired their machines recently and may have broken or cracked ball deflector shields.
Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this redesigned, heavy-duty version. For all Spooky Halloween and Ultraman machines, these new deflector shields are machine cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.
I have 23 of these shield kits left and that will be it.
Here is a link to my ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/164797
Contact me via PM for further details. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I bought and installed this kit, it's definitely worth it! It was a bit of a PITA to install, but if you have to do it, might as well install this one so you don't have to do it again in a few months when the standard deflector cracks again.

1 month later
#16664 65 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Usually, it's the transmitter that fails. With some digital cameras/cell phone cameras, you can see the light from the LED on the transmitter just like any other LED. This is the first thing I check for when I suspect an opto issue.

Unfortunately that trick stopped working with newer models a while ago because they now use ir filters, supposedly to block pictures through clothes.

1 week later
#16706 57 days ago

Hate the monkey sound!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mdeslaur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.