Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Thought you all might enjoy the shirt design Tsskinne designed for his location and CE #14. .
I think it turned out really neat. . . had to share. . .
[quoted image]

Sweet .

1 week later
#271 2 years ago

Coming out of the Sox game yesterday (if that could be called a game ).

B347EF28-9B33-430F-B985-9693573DAA7E (resized).pngB347EF28-9B33-430F-B985-9693573DAA7E (resized).png
#317 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha appreciate it. I think I made the right choice - got to get it in my home and give it some playtime before I judge. I feel like an idiot for my back and forth feelings towards this game. It’s the subways throwing me off!!! 10k is a lot of money to me and I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision. I know every single frame of the original film and I’m really hoping I love this pin. Fond memory of my dad letting me watch the original 78’ with him when I was 9yo and it scared the shit outta me. It’s been a favorite ever since and why I jumped on the presale from the get go. Shame on me for thinking of ditching it without trying it when I have such a low (and kickass) # and also when there are other fans who are further back in line waiting patiently. Fingers crossed - about a week to go.

Your $ is safe my friend !

1 week later
#549 2 years ago

“Can you smell what Spooky is cooking ?”

D5D6C5FD-5E8A-4E88-9E8E-218F4FB65EAF (resized).pngD5D6C5FD-5E8A-4E88-9E8E-218F4FB65EAF (resized).png
#550 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm alive lol! We have been hard at it! Another killer Halloween code update coming soon with some things you have ALL been asking for!
We have nearly doubled the size of our crew. Couldn't be happier either as we have added many very good people to the team! We have settled into a daily rhythm finishing games. I believe we have tracked down and solved dozens of early issues and made improvements.
The new building specifically for final assembly and finish work has really helped. The crew are really loving having their own organized and well set up areas and plenty of room.
We will sit around 25 a week until Christmas and then bump up once again. I feel confident we will reach 40 games a week at our best quality to date next spring. We are feeling really good about our ability to deliver a great game to all of you.
Can't wait to keep adding content for another year to come! Bug will be doing some more videos to go with our code updates! Hope you guys are enjoying the game so far!

Sounds great Luke !

#710 2 years ago

Laid back with feet up !! Huge update but still just a toddler .Like I’ve said from the beginning …”Let Spooky do they’re thing .”This pin will be unlike anything out there .I’ve yet to play a pin with “suspense” at the helm (except the first code)and this will shake the hobby when complete .Happy Halloween to All let’s pass out some candy and await the night He ……..

#721 2 years ago

I hope all of you know how much we appreciate the interaction with us and this whole story .By the way ,What does Spooky employees give out for Halloween ? We went with the small chocolate mix and airheads (so ashamed).Next year this pin will be set up in the garage for all to enjoy I promise that .

#723 2 years ago

By the way ,We made sure Spooky’s presence was felt at Expo lmao

1D54DEF2-4FCA-4B94-BB23-D6471EE6F224 (resized).jpeg1D54DEF2-4FCA-4B94-BB23-D6471EE6F224 (resized).jpeg
#725 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This is one reason why Spooky is such an awesome pinball company. They release new code and immediately go to a main pinball site/thread to see how it’s liked, or what needs to be addressed. Then actively interact with the masses. True commitment and a true passion to make the best experience for the customer. And, it’s a weekend, after hours, and a Holiday. Thanks SpookyLuke!

Well put buddy !

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

For what it's worth that phenomena isn't limited to pinball. Back in the day there was a video game forum where actual developers posted and over time the same thing happened. People hated on them, hated on their games, hated on their pricing, hated on their policies, just endless hate. Result was the inevitable, the developers simply stopped posting and fled the forum. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the same thing happened here because why bother posting with info and insights when you'll just be hated on. Plus at some point it can actually become an employment issue if a thread/post you are involved in spirals negatively out of control against the company you work for.

Yeah but “cool hand Luke” is on the scene .He seems to take it all in stride .He’s a calming figure .I’ll bet we never hear him say “It’s the customers fault”.That still gets my blood boiling .

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

#63 checking in here. Totally agree, I love the game so far, and the code update from Halloween just cements that even more. I have more more confidence then ever that this is going to be a homerun. If you bought this game because you love the theme (grail theme for me) and weren't looking for a quick flip, I would say you have nothing to worry about. If you are still feeling nervous, try to find it on location and give it a play and I'm sure you'll walk away feeling the same.
[quoted image]

Awsome bud thanks for sharing what this thread is supposed to be all about .Congrats

#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Zen Studios X Spooky Pinball - Halloween Interview

They seemed to spend a lot of time talking about Jaws Anyway back to Halloween .

#961 2 years ago

Glorious !!!! This is more like it

#962 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

#78 going on the truck. Should be a great weekend!

Great to hear,Congrats !

#971 2 years ago

You have to ask yourself …..Do you believe in signs or coincidence ?

0CB96820-BFAB-4F0D-ADE9-396AF5A1F88A (resized).png0CB96820-BFAB-4F0D-ADE9-396AF5A1F88A (resized).png82FB020A-4E45-4739-BFED-220ABF9ED097 (resized).png82FB020A-4E45-4739-BFED-220ABF9ED097 (resized).png8C3B3F7F-B980-4E8E-9B59-7726C5F680F8 (resized).png8C3B3F7F-B980-4E8E-9B59-7726C5F680F8 (resized).png
#973 2 years ago

The stars are aligned !

#1115 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It’s a long one so here we go:
After playing it all afternoon, I gotta say this game is a fun one! Much faster than I expected and the subways (which were a huge concern) aren’t that bad at all. Maybe a tad slow from the pumpkin, but overall does not sour my opinion. Hoping they will stage balls down the road or something. It’s something different which is especially cool if you have multiple games in your lineup as I like variety. The left side was also a concern, but it isn’t bad. Do wish there was a tad more variety on that side or that maybe the middle hedge shot the ball back out or something, but it is what it is. Ramps are fairly easy to hit and the center ramp is a lot steeper. My screws do stick out and look shoddy, so I’m hoping to get an upgraded ramp that Luke mentioned above. Definitely can see those chipping away at the ball. Slings are fast and tight which I like and the flippers are very Stern-like. Fast and snappy which is awesome! The orbits are fast as hell as well as the 180 ramp to Sanatarium. Both of the mini playfields play great and are a lot of fun. *Have had my ball stuck in the bottom right of the sanatarium between the post and rubber multiple times now so I need to address that somehow.
As for cosmetics, the game is F’n stunning! The bare LED’s look great - and aren’t blinding at all. I see no reason why anyone would want to turn them down. Looking forward to seeing the light shows develop as we progress. Very cool possibility’s here. My #78 does have the hedge multiball insert “debatable” lighting style. It looks like the artwork is intended so as the insert is going behind the hedge so think what you will of that. Doesn’t bother me one bit and all the whining seems quite overblown when you are actually standing in front of the machine. If I must question something I guess it would be the lighting insert shape for the pumpkin nose - a hexagon cutout for a triangle nose does look kinda odd. Petty concern like the above I know, and that can easily be fixed by 3D printing a triangle within a hex plug. minor and I mean minor stuff here…. Decals are vibrant and look outstanding and I love the artwork. Backglass is vibrant and does have a little up close sparkle to it which is nice. Would have gone butter to complete the package if it were cheaper but I couldn’t justify $1K for it (pinball budget is blown as I also picked up a GNR LE this week (which is also badass))
Love the Gold Vein powdercoating, and also eagerly awaiting the knife handle shooter - will be a great touch. Also gotta mention the pumpkin side rails and lit speakers look badass. The whole package is stellar. Sounds good too as I believe this game has a bigger cab speaker. May add a klipsch 12”sub down the road too.
Perhaps I am biased since I love the original Halloween so much. To really love this game you gotta love the original film or else you just won’t “get it”.
This game will shine as the code progresses. There is so much that they will be adding that it will be a blast to see how this game progresses. Definitely Hoping for more modes. I’ll be enjoying the ride in this one as it matures.
***Would like to know how to put more than 3 initials in my high scores - can’t find that option in the menu.
I had my concerns, but those have all gone away. Different style game no doubt but I like it and to have #78 is the perfect icing in the cake. For me, it’s a keeper and Not going anywhere. Great Job Spooky!

Great to hear bud

#1158 2 years ago

Really ? Is this the first LCD era pin with boobies displayed in all they’re glory ?

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I tried to tell people the same thing. Ive seen both side by side and "looks wise". the decals look "sharper" and "glossier." Rubbing your hand on them they feel "sticky" whereas the butter feels well like butter. If rubbing your machine is your thing then well....butter is the way to go!

Lmao

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Got word that my #79 shipped out today. Should arrive with time to get it setup for my birthday. Can't wait to check it out

Congrats !Nice Birthday present there .

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Well to be fair, I won UM in a raffle with an early spot. And then I traded my late HWN spot for an early HWN spot. So no favoritism goin on over here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e538f588720ec4c16ec7ed05c20bdc620c776e2d-1636685352-1800"};
//]]>

The only problem is choosing which one to play [quoted image]

I’d imagine a very different vibe playing those .I was actually thinking UM as I loved the cheesy surfer music and clips .Then slapped myself as I’ve wanted a true horror pin since in this hobby .Your a lucky man !

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Also wanted to note on the flowchart we stuck to what's very attainable. Didn't want to embellish a ton and make it seem like we are making huge extravagant over promises. We have been really pushing the code hard and hopefully we just blow through it and keep on going.

2DBE0077-7F38-4A54-B92E-DD79FE854450 (resized).png2DBE0077-7F38-4A54-B92E-DD79FE854450 (resized).png
#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone else see the face hidden in this image? The metacarpophalangeal joints seem to make the eyes nose and mouth.

Creepy

879D2D00-6661-4CAB-A012-01A4B5FA03D9 (resized).png879D2D00-6661-4CAB-A012-01A4B5FA03D9 (resized).png
#1525 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:Why do people buy multiple subs when for $70 you can connect 5 pinball machines to one safely and easily?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/search?page=2&q=subwoofer+kit

Thanks my man.I was just wondering about this .Sold!

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

This is gonna look badass once the knife handle shooter arrives from spooky!
[quoted image]

Nice !

#1531 2 years ago

I work just about every day unless vacationing ,so that is perfect for us as it’s mostly just me and my kids playing one at a time or me solo .Have had some neighbors over but not enough to warrant separate units .It’s great there’s so many companies making great products for this hobby .Good Times for this hobby !

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This sounds suspect on a number of levels. Cointaker is not a Spooky distrib and the deposit for a CE was $2k

Maybe they’re buying up the ones dumped for a loss .

#1540 2 years ago

I was thinking of doing it with a couple late numbers .

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I doubt it, how would they profit from that? There have been no spots sold for $1k loss. Even if there were there wouldn’t even be $1 to be made for Cointaker

If they purchased a spot for 1500 and asked for 1000 down (I think that’s they’re norm) then get Spooky’s balance plus 1k then they’re up 500.

1 week later
#1646 2 years ago

Ok ,I’m fine if we’re not getting “don’t fear the reaper” ….as long as Bug,Luke,and Charlie film a video driving around Benton ,blowing a J while talking about Mr Riddle then post it here .The balls in your court boys . Legend status awaits you !

#1671 2 years ago

I wear these when I play my GnR .I’ve been very fortunate outside of that one .

5D3A43C3-F33A-4671-9536-2AFE264592C7 (resized).png5D3A43C3-F33A-4671-9536-2AFE264592C7 (resized).png
#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Halloween CE 132 arriving Monday with some Butter!

Nice iceman !

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.
Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

Thanks for doing the stream .Great job .

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would have a hole in my second floor living room floor with a topper sticking up if it meant I couldn't fit that topper. lol.

Lmao

#1985 2 years ago
B5699730-1498-4B10-9F17-8FEEC03C0EA6 (resized).jpegB5699730-1498-4B10-9F17-8FEEC03C0EA6 (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#8410 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Couldn't help it!

lmao .Now there’s a movie deserving of a pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.