20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm keeping the sheet up to date, hopefully some of us start receiving final invoices soon (should follow butter email)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qmdtDvuk62JFZw37fpdjzsIlL39_C04ODX8jIrNOc/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is terrific. Thanks, Brerspidur

We have Game Spot #257...JDistel and CHewitt.

We appreciate the update

3 weeks later
#850 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Gotta say its nice being relatively new to the hobby and naive... Frankly, I don't care who does what as long as the end result is a fun immersing game that plays well.

Ditto. Been playing pinball all my life but just beginning to purchase a few games. Also feel like a newbie from that vantage point. Have played Halloween CE its first weekend (many times over a 3 day weekend visit) in the wild at IO in Madison, WI and again at Crazy Martins in Piqua, OH after the first update. Enjoyed the theme and the game immensely. I agree with John Floyd that I don't care who does what. So far I'm very comfortable with Spooky, their attention to their customers, and my confidence in a terrific game after all is said and done. Everyone has the ability to voice their opinions, but I'm not going to let anyone steal my "joy". Haha. #257 here and looking forward to a probable early new year arrival. Will be perfect for the Michigan winters and a diversion from cabin fever.

1 month later
#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

All.. I have a local charity here that I've already made a donation to and think I could support further? It places beds into homes where children are currently sleeping on the floor here in Indiana. I don't really want to get rid of my CE #14 but if I started the bidding at cost, 9k I could break even with the light route of it (due to shipping) and 2 kids would be off the floor for Christmas. I see one was listed in the vicinity NIB local for over sticker in a few weeks or shipped at buyers expense. . . Do you think there would be any interest local near Indiana at all here in Indiana to get at least an additional 2 kids off the floor before Christmas? After December 25th, this is something I wouldn't even consider doing. . . This is also something I'd rather do off the market place and the donation would transparently be made to Sleep in Heavenly Peace. Thanks for any thoughts or input. . . even if it is "this is impractical. ."

Just wanted to applaud your effort. That's what I call the holiday spirit. I have my own game coming but your forum post encouraged me to look up Sleep in Heavenly Peace in Indiana. I actually found a chapter in Fort Wayne where I have a lot of family (and where I visit Fort Wayne Pinball Wizard which does have a Halloween on location). I made a donation today and will encourage others to do so. It looks like an extraordinary agency that does wonderful work. Good luck with the effort. Thanks for sharing the information.

3 weeks later
#2413 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Halloween #207 & #208 shipped today for those keeping track

Terrific news. Can anyone advise whyat the latest options email that went out is? Thank you.

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from miyagiPins:

Another week or two until mine gets here.
Woooot!
Anyone buy other Halloween merchandise like shirts or anything to celebrate on shipment day??
Bake a Michael Myers cake or open a nice bottle of wine or whiskey?
Let’s talk how y’all celebrate this awesome pin showing up at your house.

Congrats, MiyagiPins. Thanks for bringing it back. Not certain how we'll celebrate Michael's arrival, but I'm certtain it will be a late night. W did pick up a few Halloween themed things in October at a Halloween (Holiday) merchandise store. Looking for ward to hanging them. I imagine that both whiskey and beer will be involved. We also have a nephew looking forward to its arrival so there will be non-Adult beverages available as well. Haha. Do you mind sharing what number you are? We are Number 257 and patiently awaiting teh game. Honestly, the wait has not been that brutal. It allowed us time to create a bit of a game room downstairs. Enjoy your celebration!!!!

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Congrats, MiyagiPins. Thanks for bringing it back. Not certain how we'll celebrate Michael's arrival, but I'm certtain it will be a late night. W did pick up a few Halloween themed things in October at a Halloween (Holiday) merchandise store. Looking for ward to hanging them. I imagine that both whiskey and beer will be involved. We also have a nephew looking forward to its arrival so there will be non-Adult beverages available as well. Haha. Do you mind sharing what number you are? We are Number 257 and patiently awaiting teh game. Honestly, the wait has not been that brutal. It allowed us time to create a bit of a game room downstairs. Enjoy your celebration!!!!

Halloween newspaper sign (resized).pngHalloween newspaper sign (resized).png
#2576 2 years ago
Halloween Newspaper Sign (resized).pngHalloween Newspaper Sign (resized).png
#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I got my girlfriend these for Christmas.
She has been saying someone should make a Halloween pin for many years. I always laughed it off and told her it would never happen. I figured the only Halloween pin we’d ever play would be the retheme that Colson is working on. [quoted image]

Very nice!

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

#207 on location in northern Ohio. Stop by and play it.
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St,
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
[quoted image]

Will do. Plan to stop by Southland Lanes a few times in early February during a trip to Cleveland. Looks like a great player's space.

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will do. Plan to stop by Southland Lanes a few times in early February during a trip to Cleveland. Looks like a great player's space.

Quoted from jakedistel:

Number 257 here. Anticipating an options email any day now. Starting to feel real now. Haha. From recent experience; how long between the options email and delivery? Patient Spooky direct customer here. Have an upcoming trip the first week in February and hoping that the two events don't intersect. Haha.

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

#199 here, Spooky communication occurred over Christmas holidays so this may not be as representative but here goes: I got my butter/no butter email 12/21. The invoice email came 1/3 with a due date of 1/18 and I paid it the same day. Was notified my machine was ready to ship 1/4, rec'd on 1/7. Played every day since...

Thanks for the info, zebpin! Enjoy!

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’m 317. I heard from Bug it shouldn’t be long!

Did you receive an options email yet? I'm 257.

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I haven’t. Have you?

Quoted from BriannaWu:

I haven’t. Have you?

I haven't. JesseJames may have just sent a question to bug. I imagine they are getting close to the mid 200's though for email options.

Quoted from Tablewicked:

Just paid my invoice for #241! You shouldn’t be too long!

Thanks for the responses everyone!

1 week later
#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Got email today from Morgan asking for cab choice....264!!! Butter all the way....

Hmm. #257 here and nothing yet. Anyone else around that number getting anything?

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

262 also got mail today. Mine went to the junk folder so if you have not checked there already....

Thanks. I'll watch the next few days.

#2838 2 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

262 also got mail today. Mine went to the junk folder so if you have not checked there already....

#257 got the options email today as well. Anticipation building. Going to be playing. Played the game last weekend again at One Well Brewing in Kalamzoo. Can't wait to play it in a home environment. Sold two 4 wheelers to make this purchase. Haha.

#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Bobbydevil:

What’s the time frame now from invoice date to shipping date for both butter and non butter cabs?

I'd be curious to know the same thing in terms of people's recent experiences. #257 and non-butter here. Asking because we will be out of town next week and hoping that our paths don't cross. Haha (do have a backup plan if that were to happen).

1 week later
#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

And wait and wait and wait …… (Neopren )
[quoted image]

I am trying to determine if this is a neoprene runner or a pinball game cover. It looks like the company is in France. Any other information? Definitely interested.

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Pinball game cover..... Good size i think.
It fits the Rick and Morty exactly....

Quoted from Svente69:

Pinball game cover..... Good size i think.
It fits the Rick and Morty exactly....

Thank you. Have found an email address and will be connecting for Deadpool and Halloween covers. Looks great.

#3414 2 years ago

Now have #257 at home. Amazing play. Totally different experience than in pinball bars/arcades. Feel fortunate to be able to have it at home. Sold two ATV's that were not being used to make the purchase and well worth the "sacrifice". If you have the opportunity to play it in a home environment or quieter location, do it. The sound is terrific. The audio quality amazing. Shaker is extreme. Blood collection is something that I have really come to appreciate and, for me, really is an example of how unique this game is. I love the ability to make a variety of "purchases" with the collected blood. It always seems like a bit of a shopping excursion when you have 3 to 7 drops as purchasing power.

So glad that this is part of a VERY SMALL current collection (3 and an multi-game arcade set-up)...definitely something that will be staying around. I understand that everyone has their preferences, but I really do not understand the naysayers and all the negativity. The music is great. The call outs are great. The codes keep improving. The game is stunning. Went decal, no butter, and am completely happy with it. Have not found any issue (yet) with the cabinet or playfield art. The knife plunger is a different feel, and though esthetically and thematically right on, certainly doesn't make or break the game. The husband and I differ on that a bit. He loves it. Haha.

Multi-balls can be a bit fast, but the chaos of that action just seem to feed the overall feel of that game; almosy creating a bit of "fun" anxiety. That anxiety resonates as you begin to better understand the game and become more immersed in the action. I am just now starting to have a better appreciation for that in the home space, but quieter locations where they don't have lots of pinballs making constant noise afford a simialr experience. Will never be a great player, and those that know the many nuances of pinball play may be able to find some current faults, but I can't imagine that Spooky and the Team will not be attending to those as the game progresses. Definitely looking forward to the next update.

For a rather average player, like myself, this is great fun and challenging enough to keep my interest long term. The husband is a very good player and shares that it is his favorite game by far. He can manipulate the play in ways that I have not yet learned but am certainly endeavoring. Have collectively played well over 100 times in other locations (starting with CE# 2 in Madison many months ago) and now have it at home. A quiet experience where you can really appreciate how the sound and the shaking totally accentuates this game. A definite favorite and keeper. Finally, let me give a major call-out to Spooky. Had a very minor issue and an email to Morgan (late on Friday afternoon) brought an immediate response and resolution by Monday. Amazing. You can't expect that type of support even when you visit a local brick and mortar. Team Spooky you're the best!!!!

#3480 2 years ago

Just to bring a morning smile; a young but innocent Michael wannabe who we have affectionately named Spooky Bobby:

Spooky Bobby (resized).jpgSpooky Bobby (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Typo at 1:10:27
‘PATIENT’ not ‘PATIANT’

Great catch. Had to watch it several times to see that.

3 weeks later
#4476 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.
Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.
The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.
Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.
I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely agree. Hoping that more folks start to rate this game that have a real appreciation for it, especially after the new code. I hate to see it sitting at number 66 in the top 100 machines. It deserves to be much higher when you consider a lot of the 65 games that come before it. Not a great pinball player myself, but I know a few who are. This game is hitting all the right notes for even those players that can accomplish much more than I can. Definite keeper in our small 3 game collection.

3 weeks later
#4976 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Got my house mod today
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

#492 has come home! First off I would like to sincerely thank all of the early adopters. Without a doubt, your bug findings and feedback have been invaluable in helping this game get better and better!
We’ve got about 80 games in already and it’s frickin awesome! I had some doubts reading some of the negativity towards the game, but so far it’s all been put to rest. The artwork is phenomenal! Kind of thinking I should’ve went butter but $1K was just too steep. That being said, the decals look great. There’s all sorts of awesome detail in the playfield, Jason’s art really is incredible. The animations are fine. Yeah… some aren’t great, but nothing bad enough to detract from the experience. Awesome to see so many movie clips, although I’ve drained quite a few times just watching the screen!
Gameplay so far has been a blast! Lots of variety with the modes and it’s going to be a fun ride as the code continues to evolve. Had a couple of bugs pop up; the 1st round of games we got Jack o’ Lantern Multi ALL of the time. Somehow it was discounting the fact that you needed to complete all of the Pumpkin modes before qualifying (I think that’s how it’s supposed to work) so every game we got to rock out to “Don’t Fear the Reaper”. The next time we turned it back on it was fixed. Also just had a never ending Hedge Multi, finally just had to let them drain after 10 minutes. Other than that, we haven’t noticed any bugs. We haven’t had the center ramp or pumpkin scoop rejections that I’ve seen reported, but we do have the jittery Michaels pretty regularly.
Music and sound effects are great! The only complaint I have so far is the weird monkey noises that will pop up at the end of a mode or ball drain sometimes. I’m not sure what the noise is actually supposed to be, but I hear a monkey.
There has been some bad. Topper motion doesn’t work at all. Checked all of the connections and still no dice. Lights work, no movement. I’m not too concerned though, I have full faith that Spooky will help me figure it out next week. I definitely would have hoped for better QC on a few other things; a decent amount of scuffs here and there (some pretty bad on the front of the head), some lifting of the cab decals in a few places on the edges, the art blades are all jacked up at the rear (Can’t see when the playfield is down, so not a big deal), my 1st hedge is quite a bit different from the other two, shoe prints (?) throughout the inside of the cab, a couple of stray zip ties loose in the subways, lots of debris in the bottom of the cab, fingerprints and debris inside the display screen. Each on their own not a big deal, but all together, it looks like the final check before these go out the door needs to be better. The only other NIB I’ve had was Deadpool, and other than the disco ball not being attached and rolling all over the place in shipment, it was in pristine condition, so it was surprising to see so many issues with Halloween.
Bottom line, if you’re still waiting on yours, you will not be disappointed! I’ve never played a more immersive game, it’s a true experience. Don’t let the haters scare you off, this game is fantastic!

From my experience, Spooky will be with you all the way. I agree that this game is fantastic. Also bought Deadpool NIB. Although Deadpool has remained in the top 2 games, Halloween has been a solid #1 for me. Like you, I find the game totally immersive (even with my limited skill).Hope folks start showing the love for this game in the ratings/reviews. Don't let the haters drag you down. AND if you EVER have the opportunity, try to play the game in a quieter environment where you can really appreciate all that it has to offer.

#5178 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Love the house mod. Here’s a video of it.

Looks great. Ours should be here any day! A great mod from all appearances. Great job Vimtoman.

1 week later
#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Thought you were making a joke.... I know I've seen some boobage during one of the modes. I didnt' think that would happen without enabling adult mode.

The documentary is great. Watched in anticipation of receiving game #257. Just made me all the more eager to get the game!

#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

These look great! I am working on a couple myself - if anyone is interested I print cards for games using a sublimation process to metal. Has a nice look on metal just let me know. I only do it by word of mouth and have some examples from people in posts here on pinside if you want to check them out.
$35 shipped per set - discount for additional sets if you are interested in other titles.

I would be interested in seeing the Halloween cards you might be working on.

1 week later
#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Haters will go flag it anyway - that seems to be how the grown men on pinside act with ratings.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1 day till the Top 100 updates. Go leave an honest review for the game if you haven't already!

I agree. I would love to see more ratings and reviews on this. Prefer honest and thoughtful reviews wherever they might fall. I have rated this machine high myself because I thoroughly enjoy it in terms of theme and game play. I am not a terrific player but have played the game with people who are. They have all enjoyed it. It really is a different game in a quieter environment that better captures the mood. If that opportunity presents itself you should definitely p-lay the game in that situation. Having said all this, I do respect and appreciate those ratings and comments that are lower than my own because many thoughtfully considered and well stated. These comments do help me understand different nuances in this game as well as what other game players might be looking for. I would think that pinball bar and arcade owners would find thoughtful comments helpful in determining inventory. What I can't understand or frankly respect are ratings for Halloween in the lower 600s and below that would have this game sitting in the game ratings list at #350 and below. Such scores just do not seem to reflect in any manner the game that I am playing. I know that we all have our preferences, and perhaps I have this game scored a little high, but I have seen ratings on this game in the 400 and 300s without comment. Come on! Haha. Thanks Mpdpvdpin for asking for more legitimate reviews.

3 months later
#8071 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Made it or I should say I designed it and had it made.
There’s a place on the web that you pick the fabric, size and design what you want on it and they send it to you. About $30.
I did a custom one for all my machines. I’ll post the link up next week if you want. I’ll see if I can figure out how to copy a design so you can change it if you want.

Looks great. Looking forward to the link. Thank you.

#8314 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Anyone know when we will start receiving our fang club membership?

I would be curious to know that as well. Looking forward to that Pilsner glass. Haha. No idea when the next release might be but also want to be prepared for it in case it's a game I might be interested in.

#8478 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Anyone know when we will start receiving our fang club membership?

I would be interested in this as well.

1 week later
#8753 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They've been shipping the stuff all month. Some members have already received the swag and posted it in the Fang Club thread. They just have a lot of members now, so takes a bit to get them all processed.

Thanks, RC!

#8805 1 year ago

My Fang Club stuff is on the way. Thanks for the responses!

9 months later
#15136 9 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

That looks awesome!! I showed my son and he thinks he can do it….Any chance your daughter did a how to you tube video….?? just to make sure he doesn’t cache the thing lol…she’d make more money doing that and linking projects…

There’s quite a few videos out there that can help you with this project. BK’s daughter does a great job obviously. The cost seems to be reasonable as it can likely be a bit time consuming. I think you can get a pretty satisfactory result. We did do our own and actually found it to be something that allowed us to accent the house and leaves exactly how we wanted using different modeling paints and colors that can be bought cheaply at any hobby store. Just look up painting, customizing, or paint washing action figures and you will find plenty of DIY videos. The application is the same. Here are a few that might prove helpful:

Again, BK’s daughter does a great job and if you don’t want to bother doing your own, I’d recommend the accenting. It definitely adds a lot!

#15137 9 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

It sounds like a good deal! No offence intended as you pointed out i don’t have a clue…my son paints models as a hobby…and wants to paint it, good or bad looks like its in his hands… he does paint great model figures So should turn out ok…probably not as nice as the one your daughter does buts the family bonding thing.

It is kind of a fun activity and something that would be a great family activity. There is a washing technique that can easily be done with kids that can show surprising results with colors over colors. Plenty of vids to help lead the way…believe me we are no artists here like BK’s daughter, but the videos I used helped a lot as will the ones I attached.
Just getting caught up on Halloween posts after the recent updates. Been a lot of content since the last time I was on. LOVING both Halloween and Scooby…have a 3 game limit here and have reached that limit…both in terms of space and $$$. No more ATV’s to sell. Uggh! A bit concerned to see what Spooky will come up with next. Haha.

2 months later
#15692 7 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Ideally you have a active small group of good players who are also good at recalling rules and flow, you have them beta test. I ffor example would not be a good candidate as I am neither a good player nor can I recall much of the rules and flow/timing of expected events.

Sound like me but still loving the hell out of both Halloween and Scooby

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakedistel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=jakedistel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.