IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 2 years ago

405 for me. And if someone under 100 doesn't like that insert I will switch with you.

1 week later
#303 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just got the invoice - After some serious thought, I have decided to follow through with the sale and will get it home and play it first before I judge. I can always sell down the road if need be. I hope this game works for me.

Is it weird that this made me really happy?

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha appreciate it. I think I made the right choice - got to get it in my home and give it some playtime before I judge. I feel like an idiot for my back and forth feelings towards this game. It’s the subways throwing me off!!! 10k is a lot of money to me and I just want to make sure I’m making the right decision. I know every single frame of the original film and I’m really hoping I love this pin. Fond memory of my dad letting me watch the original 78’ with him when I was 9yo and it scared the shit outta me. It’s been a favorite ever since and why I jumped on the presale from the get go. Shame on me for thinking of ditching it without trying it when I have such a low (and kickass) # and also when there are other fans who are further back in line waiting patiently. Fingers crossed - about a week to go.

Good decision. If you don't like it, you can always sell it. It's a safe investment.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Number 58 is finished and ready to be picked up. Will be heading to Benton on Sunday night to pick up on Monday. Boo yah.

Thats a LONG time from now. Drop everything and start driving now!

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I wonder what the consensus is for the 17 people - rather put money to GZ? Played it on location and didnt care for it? trading spots for lower number? Does seem like a lot of listings for a game that hasnt produced 100 yet.

I think people jumped without knowing much about the game. Folks wanted to make sure they got in on one and figured they could just sell the spot if they decided they wanted other games more. I wonder if this was the case with other games as well.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Just curious…do other manufacturers make the box and port for the sub? I’m certainly not against it, but I’ve never compared the sound improvement this would make in a pinball. If it’s a simple design, would it be easy to make/retrofit?

I don't think its necessary. Every speaker is built for a certain volume cabinet either ported or unported. Pinball cabinets are huge and are not sealed so air will escape from plenty of places. I doubt there would be any benefit from having a port. Having said this I'm no expert. I'm a broken record here but I still think external subs are the best way to go for kick ass bass.

#445 2 years ago

Yeah, I assumed all speakers going in to pinball machines were free air and not meant for sealed or ported cabs....

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ben Heck's already confirmed that the minimum duty cycle resolution of Pinotaur is only 1ms, just like JJP and P3Roc which also have heat problems in hold over time because 1ms is too chunky a duty cycle to keep the temps stable on hold.
So hold temps for all "the others" won't get anywhere near the magic Stern has in holds now with Spike microsecond duty cycles (almost no temp increase). They're the only one I'm aware of with that resolution in hardware so far.

Very interesting information. I had wondered why I never seem to notice flipper fade on Sterns.

1 week later
#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBall-Newbie:

#70 has arrived... Hopefully i have time to get it set-up tonight after the kids go to bed...
[quoted image]

I would not do anything but set the game up as soon as it arrived. I give you guys credit for being 1000 times more patient than I am.

1 week later
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

This is my first NIB game. The art blades seem to be a nice, scuff resistant material. Is this unique to Spooky, or is it industry standard?

I think its pretty standard. They will scuff and tear. Get yourself some art blade protectors. Works great when lifting the playfield.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You don't need them. Just be careful when raising and lowering the pf.

I think it's a wise investment. Good when working on the pins too to protect the armor. One little mess up and it will ruin your day... Just my opinion of course.

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

LOL Nice one Spooky!
[quoted image]

That is amazing! I love it.

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But sometimes your Tinder date really does look like the picture...

After 7 beers.....

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, why are they using the 4 way servo horn with these? It looks messy. If they need support, the clock hand or 2 way propeller-style horn would look a lot cleaner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will clip mine if its like that when I take delivery. Just like I did with my RC cars back in the day.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

The other servo arms are included in the parts bag

Nice!

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

#79 just arrived! Will be painful waiting for this weekend to have time to get it setup
[quoted image]

Dude! Get that out of the box before I get on a flight and do it for you!

#1562 2 years ago

Look who I found at the museum of pop culture in Seattle.

6CA3A168-E5B5-4B69-8155-1FDE7F93A108 (resized).jpeg6CA3A168-E5B5-4B69-8155-1FDE7F93A108 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice! Looks great. That was my other option. It would have been super tight, but I think it might have JUST made it. I really didn't want to lose the knife and pumpkin though.
My first option, which I tried when I set it up, was to take out a ceiling tile. I had just enough room to squeeze it in between a rafter and the ceiling grid. However, you could barely see it up there, and it was so close on either side that it would hit with normal nudging (well...my normal nudging, LOL).
I'm glad I could make my crate stand work, but yours looks great as well![quoted image]

I would have a hole in my second floor living room floor with a topper sticking up if it meant I couldn't fit that topper. lol.

#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

You can’t live with the crooked shooter housing but can live with that pulled out power cord right next to it? That would drive me nuts.

Man what an eye! Nice work there.

2 weeks later
#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is it under the laundry shoot or did you cut a hole in the ceiling to accommodate the topper? haha

I hope it was intentional for the topper. Love it!

2 weeks later
#2517 2 years ago

Stop complaining about shooter rods.....I bought one of these for my LZ...

led-zeppelin-shooter-rod-by-stern-pinball-991379_1280x (resized).jpgled-zeppelin-shooter-rod-by-stern-pinball-991379_1280x (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2922 2 years ago

Video of what my problem is. This is while in coil test. I play 1 game from cold. Seems to be ok. By game 2 it starts doing this. Driving me nuts

Are you able to bump up the coil power a touch to see if this helps?

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I mean...that works. I've played RZ. I'm pretty sure I never hit whatever is on the right side under the mini playfield a single time!

I'm glad I'm not alone on that! The lane all the way to the right is near impossible for my skills!

#3172 2 years ago

The tab you can see in the image needs to be screwed down further than the one you can’t see on the other side of the scoop. So I have 5 small thin washers on the farther and 2 on the closer tab. As you tighten it down you can see the shoot kind of twist down so it’s aiming into the lane. I can make the issue come and go now by playing with this spacing. With the shield removed you can launch the balls right out of the game so I now know it wasn’t a power issue or a settings issue. It’s not a pinotaur issue, a trough switch issue, connector issue etc. I literally checked ever single other thing it could be before I finally said I’m just going to disassemble the whole thing until I can see what’s going on. With the shield off it became obvious.

Dare I ask......is the power up high now? I always like to have the power adjusted so its as weak as possible without having issues to save my shooter lane. (until Cliffy is available)

1 week later
#3373 2 years ago

I’ve installed the IPS monitor and it looks great. The power plug is a little flaky and I have an issue with sound. Has anyone else experienced this? Like the volume seems way down? It’s like I’m getting no sub woofer

When I installed the monitor on ACNC, I had to pump the volume on the actual screen since the sound comes through the HDMI. Not sure if yours is the same.

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my new LCD installed. The blacks look so much better. I highly recommend this mod.[quoted image]

I have it on Rick and Morty and ACNC. Its totally worth the investment. Night and day.

1 month later
#4475 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

You're right; there have not been near enough posts from folks who are enjoying their machines.
Despite the initial problems I had with my machine, I have it dialed in pretty good now and I absolutely love it. I have a Jurassic Park Premium machine that I received last August and have been playing almost non-stop since I got it (about 2500 games now). But since Halloween arrived in February, my Jurassic Park has been sitting largely un-played.
The gaming on Halloween is such a different feel as compared to JP. The left side of the playfield is completely different from the right, which to me keeps things fresh and unpredictable. And again, the Sanitarium is level is completely different from the House level, requiring different types of shots. I am not a great player so it's a real thrill for me when I get up to the House and cross the bridge (especially in adult mode). The latest code really polishes the game play up a lot and I can't wait to see what comes in future revisions.
Part of the fun of owning machines, at least for me, is customizing them a bit. Check out the mods I've made / added to mine, including a graveyard, an authentic 12" stainless steel chef's knife, the getaway car from the Sanitarium, and some other stuff.
I think that this machine is getting a bad rap for stupid reasons and I don't understand it. This game is a real winner.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This post got me really pumped to get my game. Good stuff.

1 week later
#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Because Spooky sucks at code.
Service menu, game play, animations, etc. It is all the worst

2 weeks later
#5088 2 years ago

How about a little wax on the armor to protect it?

#5120 2 years ago

Few questions....since we are talking about the topper motor....does this come on often in game play? I don't see that it comes on often. Also, the Judith ball lock. How do I know when the ball will lock in there? Sometimes it locks and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out when its going to happen.

#5128 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It will only lock at the very start of each ball as skill shot.

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

#5131 2 years ago

I just had mine get stuck in multi ball for a heck of a long time before the flippers went dead to select the mode. Anyone have this happen? At least I got a good score. lol.

#5181 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Another example here, have 4 magnets sewn in with fabric between them & the machine to keep in place. Have custom theme towels on each of my games. Allows me to tuck my pinball games to bed when I'm done.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The magnet idea is a good one. I have these on all of my machines and some of them slide off constantly. I used magnets on top but I forget they are there, pull the towel off and then have to find the magnets! lol

#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where did you order them from? Looks great.

I used personalization mall.

#5192 2 years ago

I just think it was fitting to find this for this title. A little blood on it would have been even cooler. Haha!

334D860B-158B-4962-A5DD-633A207860C8 (resized).jpeg334D860B-158B-4962-A5DD-633A207860C8 (resized).jpeg
#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:I am just losing my deposit and running fast.

Yeah respectfully..... don't do this. These are going for around full price or just under. I get it with Ultraman based on what they are selling for but not Halloween. No reason to lose 2 grand.

#5451 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

PIZZA J !
967 Westminster St
Providence, RI
We’re got STH JP DP GZ TMNT AIQ GOTG Rush and Mando. All clean and playing very well, come on down and check it out. Great food and excellent beer program!
Also,
-NEPL ( New England pinball league)
starts up Sunday May 8th 6pm
-Belles and Chimes women’s leagues meets every second Tuesday 6pm
-CRAP league (Connecticut and RI area pinball haha) begins in July on Monday nights.

[quoted image]

Taking a trip to Cape Cod in July...may have to venture off and visit.

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I need to nab a Sopranos machine someday!

Such a great machine. I like that its fairly easy. Makes me feel like I'm a slightly above terrible player.

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haven't seen anything that interesting with it turned to on

Lies!!!

When do I hear "don't fear the reaper"? If I have to complete more than one mode I'm doomed. I suck pretty bad.

#5516 1 year ago

Thought you were making a joke.... I know I've seen some boobage during one of the modes. I didnt' think that would happen without enabling adult mode.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t know if adult mode is coded?

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone experience random shipping BS? My distro warned that some weird things have been happening. Shippers not calling ahead, damaged games without damaged boxes, unusual stuff.

If it's from Joe he sends that every time and has for a while now. I've had no issues but there is always a possibility. If there is any damage on the box or the tip and tell shows a tip, crack it open and make sure all looks ok before the driver leaves and before signing.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

They let you do payments? I plan on having it by the time it's up but just in case be nice to know.

Initial deposit and then the rest once its ready to be shipped.

#5614 1 year ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

I'm loving this game more and more, truly a great game!
Has anyone managed to get rid of the insane glass rattle? I tried electrical tape down the edges of the glass, and between the side rails and the channel, but I can't seem to get it to stop rattling like crazy with the audio...

Great question. I was going to look for a solution for this as well. My rattle only happens with the shaker though,....not yet with the audio. I know usually you can turn down the bass and it helps on other spooky machines.

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just a suggestion …
Do the two “coin cards” again, but without all the text on there. Just “Halloween” and the background picture.
I think they’ll look really good - and honestly, nobody needs to know about Koris Barloff and his mates on a coin card. TMI.
rd

How about we put Bowen's name but have it crossed out.

#5775 1 year ago

I cover mine for the dust mostly. All of my machines have voodoo glass and its so nice when they are perfectly clean.

1 week later
#5965 1 year ago

Please add staged balls in the next update! This would be so awesome.

2 weeks later
#6439 1 year ago

Damn what is up with R&L lately? I have no issues with them in the past and just this week between here and FB I'm seeing a lot of damage on Spooky games. Is Kaneda working at R&L?

1 month later
#7081 1 year ago

Installed new code. I feel like a few times I got the skill shot and it didn't count in my score. I may be just losing it though....

1 month later
#7986 1 year ago

Quoted from lpeters82:Spoiler alert, that's already in the next update.

Ain't life grand.....

1 month later
#10052 1 year ago

Is this latest movie really the last one?

#10056 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing the latest. Has to be better than the new Munsters movie I just watched. If you haven't seen it, please don't.

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dang, I really liked the Munsters! It felt SOO out of time, and was really nice to not have it be a super amped-up crazy remake. I thought it really captured the vibe of the show. I guarantee it will play better in B&W. That was clearly a mistake - and given the reception Werewolf by Night got, I bet Universal re-releases it in B&W.

Maybe it was me then. The reviews largely echoed my feelings. I could see how it would be better in B&W for sure. Glad you enjoyed it though.

1 month later
#11667 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I'm getting this error when trying to download the update file from Google drive.
[quoted image]

Same error. Is there a backup link? Mac didn't work and forced to use PC

#11983 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I did the update with the game in attract mode.Got a message saying all

I guess I was bored and just did a boot up time test on a few pins.
Hallloweens not that bad really.
Cactus Canyon remake-30seconds
Toy Story-57seconds
Godzilla-51seconds
Halloween-99seconds

Nice work. Don't forget to add "All classic games, >3 seconds"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.