20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icyjones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 2 years ago

That's awsome!

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Talked to Morgan today, #52 should be shipping this week

Exciting. I haven't been invoiced yet for #58, but have cleared my work day on the 25th for picking it up in Benton.

A small part of me wonders if I will regret not delaying for the "fixed" hedge multiball playfield, but it is small potatoes in the end.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

If it makes you feel better, I think we will all get a playfield with at least one “bad” insert that doesn’t match the playfield art… since I don’t think Spooky plans on fixing the hexagon nose pumpkin.[quoted image]

As a relative newb to owning games, and paying this much attention to inserts, are the traditionally a standard set if shapes, that are used across the board, or are custom ones common?

#293 2 years ago

#58 invoiced and paid.

#311 2 years ago

Great pics. Nice gaming space!

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Has anyone gotten shipping dates on this last round of invoices paid last week?

Nope on 58. But was just invoiced on Friday, so 1.5 days later seems early to me. I will be calling tomorrow to check on my ability to pick up on Monday, as I am heading to Benton after a work conference in Indy on Sunday. At least that is the current plan.

#378 2 years ago

Number 58 is finished and ready to be picked up. Will be heading to Benton on Sunday night to pick up on Monday. Boo yah.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Pace doesn't seem to be picking up at all. Naturally I have no idea what challenges Spooky is facing in ramping up production but it feels like 5'ish games a week (don't hesitate to tell me I'm wrong) and we're almost to November... At this pace, even a low #200's like myself is looking at 5 months still... Surely things have to pick up, right? It's not that I'm in a rush but originally I figured certainly by Thanksgiving at the latest but it seems like I'll be happy if I see my game before 2022...
Am I missing something? I sure hope so, I'd rather be wrong...
Jeff

Definitely more than 5 games a week.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Starting to wonder if buying this game was a mistake way too many going out for sale first spooky game for me starting to look like my last not to mention what Happened to 5 to 2 Halloween to Ultraman at this rate Ultraman will be done way before Halloween

Why would people selling their game before they even have it make purchasing seem like a mistake? Wouldn't playing it help inform your decision more?
Seems like a lot of speculation to me.

#534 2 years ago

On my way home from Benton. The night #58 came home. Morgan was great and gave me a tour.

PXL_20211025_142318498.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211025_142318498.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211025_142330944.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211025_142330944.MP (resized).jpg
#552 2 years ago

Due to lack of muscle help, have to leave Halloween CE 58 in the van tonight, take it to work with me tomorrow, and then unload and setup tomorrow. Maybe better for sleeping tonight, as I might stay up too late playing if it were set up tonight.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

Michael is home. I'm officially an owner. Can't wait to play all day.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the game room. Shame to have that sweet side are be hidden though for Halloween.

#581 2 years ago

Do I need to place this extra mylar now, or is it for future use?

#598 2 years ago

Has anyone dared load Ultraman code onto their Halloween or vice versa? Also, is this kind of talk ok?

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know if they won't help you, but Spooky has stated that there is a safeguard in place to prevent code swapping between games. I assume that has to do with the license being for a certain number of games.

Ah, I missed this being stated somewhere. I am mainly wondering so I can maybe make Halloween a little more kid friendly for my boys. My wife was getting a little nervous because she knows they well want to play it, after seeing it for the first time last night.

#615 2 years ago

It seems to be that they made 50 Halloween and 50 Ultraman. Then the previously stated ratio was going into effect.

#672 2 years ago

I will be contacting Spooky on Monday, but thought some people here may have thoughts.

Anybody else get a ball stuck here on the top playfield?

PXL_20211030_211331163.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211030_211331163.MP (resized).jpg
#673 2 years ago

And then I am having these weird issues with the drop down targets on each upper playfield, where they just pop up and down over and over. The sanitarium one, keeps the ball from popping up, and I have to reset the game. The top playfield one will eventually stop on its own.

#750 2 years ago

Called Customer Service about my issues, and AJ was responsive and helpful. I think my drop Target issues were a combination of wingnut/bolts that had fallen out of place, and a loose connector (someone here suggested that too.) I bent the metal guide where I was getting a ball stuck on the house playfield. I think this has fixed that, but still not 100 percent.

I also just updated the code to the one posted last night without issue.

I am a pinball fan turned recent hobbiest. This is my first NIB machine, and only my second total machine. I am having a blast with it so far. No regrets here.

#754 2 years ago

Could someone who has done the addition of the zip tie ends to stop the glass rattle post a pic or two?

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Here you go[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So any code overview by spooky? Maybe I missed it but excited to see the changes made like the knives that are on screen

Playing it last night on the new code, it seemed like the knives were there to keep count of the shots you needed to complete modes. It was helpful I thought.

There is also a Laurie's Health bar and Michael's Health bar that shows up over the house mode. Although it is a little buggy, because once it shows up, it stays on the display until a new game starts.

I was able to see the new kid Michael Clown Costume clip by hitting the super secret skill shot too.

Caught the Benton shout out on a call out, and also a funny reference to Michael being taught to drive in the asylum.

#884 2 years ago

The high score on the Code before the most recent update was like 48 million, but that included some ramp spamming, which is now fixed.

I didn't love some of the animations before I got the game home, but also wasn't losing my mind about them either. I have to say, they have either improved, or I don't notice them as much because of gameplay, because they seem a lot better to me, and pretty appropriate. They certainly can't just repeat movie clips constantly, so it seems necessary.

#963 2 years ago

Should I be reporting bugs in the code (bugs in Bug's code.....huhuhuh) to Spooky?

I have found that mode selection can be activated as the third ball drains, and then gets stuck in that mode selection/mode forcing a reset.

#1016 2 years ago

I am finding the shot up the stair ramp in the top playfield pretty hard to hit. Anybody with game agree, or do I just need to up my skills?

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It’s a hard shot, but I can routinely make it.

Gotta keep practicing then.

I am also getting a new stuck ball. Right behind the drop Target of the sanitarium when it is down. Will be calling service again tomorrow. The good thing about all this tweaking, is it is getting me used to messing around under the playfield.

#1026 2 years ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I can nail the ramp almost every time. That damn right orbit gets me...

Right orbit is tough, as is Judith Myers.

You mean the ramp on the House upper playfield, that you can nail every time?

I guess I still get excited to be on those upper playfields. I am able to control the shots on the sanitarium one pretty well, but have a bit to go on the other.

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

When the left riser or left ramp returns the ball to the inlane, as it comes to the flipper, flip almost immediately (maybe .1 sec delay). I can repeatedly hit the center ramp…until tommy says “you can’t go up there”, then I get to excited and miss the next shot. Usually can finish the next 2 shots to make it to the upper playfield.

Enjoying this shot talk btw, instead of code drama.

I can hit the middle ramp to get to the upper playfield no prob. I am taking the ramp that is on the upper playfield, to take it over to the "Micheal Balcony" that is tough to hit.

#1050 2 years ago

Everyone, I have accomplished a life achievement. I have seen nudity on a pinball machine.

Finally got that upper playfield shot to go across the balcony, and luckily during Bob and Lynda's demise mode.

I am having to nudge to the left as the ball comes around the orbit towards the flipper, and then as other have said, flip when the ball is just at the tip of the flipper. I think I have some more adjusting to do on the metal if that orbit to get it to flow better, and I got another stuck ball there today too.

#1052 2 years ago

I am a total newb to tweaking pins, but I would try to just tighten them lightly first.

As far as lifting the playfield, it is just like any other pin. Lots of YouTube videos have helped me.

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I meant lifting the upper playfield. You can’t access the screws to tighten without lifting some stuff.

Gotcha. Not sure about that. I would be calling service about it.

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hope so. Early sentiment on Stranger enabled me to get a resale LE with UV kit for $7500.

Damn, would love to find a premium anywhere. Got into buying pins too late for that.

At least I was able to get on the Halloween train.

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have emailed support for 3 days now and no response. I also have this ramp issue.

You can also call.

#1102 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:Just set it up - beautiful looking game. Love the powder coating - not as gold as I thought it would be which is nice- more like a gold/black texture. Fits well. My Topper has issues - the knife is not attached to the motor (looks like I need a very small Allen wrench) and it is also missing parts of the pumpkin plastics - just shot Spooky an email.

This happened to me, where one of the pumpkin slices was off, but we found the orange connection pieces in the box, might take a look.

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Do you have adult mode turned on in settings?

This. It is also a quick nipple too, doesn't linger.

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I did when I mentioned I was missing part of the topper. I have a package showing up from them today and hope it’s included as I am getting some rejects every now and then.

Same. Mentioned it in a separate service email and have a package arriving today.

#1218 2 years ago

How did you adjust this switch on the second/sanitarium playfield?

Also, what was happening that made you have to adjust it? I am thinking I need to as well.

#1250 2 years ago

This is my first NIB game. The art blades seem to be a nice, scuff resistant material. Is this unique to Spooky, or is it industry standard?

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think its pretty standard. They will scuff and tear. Get yourself some art blade protectors. Works great when lifting the playfield.

Where is the best place to find these? I am hitting a wall doing a generic search at some pinball supplies websites. Might be searching the wrong terms though.

#1258 2 years ago

Ah, right on. I was searching "art blades protector." Appreciate it.

As far as not needing them. Being a newb, I don't mind investing in them, since I haven't put the playfield up and down a thousand times yet. So I am sure I am at a higher risk than most.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

In theory that is correct, but I think they are trying to eliminate variables with the some of the updates failing. The most recent recommendations were to connect directly in the backbox. Personally, I don't think the USB extender is the issue, but it is always nice to eliminate as many variables as possible.

This makes sense, but I was able to use the extender to update mine to 1.02 before.

#1307 2 years ago

Right. Just giving a data point. Looking forward to 1.03.

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Did only Ultraman come with the USB extension cable?
This is a mod I performed on my R&M and TNA myself.
Kinda cool to see Spooky grabbed that and included it.[quoted image]

In my Halloween as well. Great and cheap addition.

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Installed the new ramp. Roughly 10,000x better. No rejects.
[quoted image]

I haven't gone to install mine yet, but how many screws are needed to put it in? Mine came with 5, but it only seemingly needs 2.

#1337 2 years ago

I bet it has the new one. Thought I saw another recently delivered with it on already.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Glad to see people are getting their games! Now Start practicing the skill plunge (Just like Metallica if set up properly)! Almost a full shot and don’t touch the flippers - ball will guide right up to the Judith Myers Tombstone and get locked. Cool stuff!

Oooh, I need to try this. I have been too focused on the "Dirty Pool Shot" skill shot for the highest point value. I am pretty reliable on that thought.

My two hardest shots at this point are the left orbit and the lowest Michael Myers Hedge.

I will take any tips for those.

#1478 2 years ago

I have loved playing mine. It is a real, "just one more game," situation whenever I do. Shots are fun. Call outs are great (especially about Lonnie....haha). I think the animations have come a long way and look cool. Movie clips are good. Can't wait for more of the code to be implemented.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Theme integration is great, and the team behind the game is passionate about improvements. They also listen to the community. I won’t be selling mine.
However, if IE Pinball was running 1.02, I understand. There are modes (Sanitarium, House Attack) that will not let you progress. If you make 3 center ramp shots, you’re stuck unless you drain. If you start Sanitarium, you’re stuck unless you drain.
I know future updates will squash these bugs, but they’re unfortunate and put a damper on an otherwise great experience.

I understand what you mean about the House Attack mode, but with Sanitarium, I thought if you get the multiball going, it ends that mode. Am I remembering incorrectly?

#1515 2 years ago

Can you load previous code versions? Or is it like most things, only can go to a higher number?

#1580 2 years ago

Hoping for maybe a code bump this weekend to 1.03......

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Doubt it, UM is up next.

I would normally agree, but 1.03 has been shipping on the new machines.

#1635 2 years ago

Great news on the update. Getting to the point where I can start to progress through modes skill wise, and the bugs are getting in the way a bit. Looking forward to it.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Mine is at 6.5 and the only hang up I've run across is if the ball is moving slowly on the house playfield it can get caught on the bottom just to the left of the post. Anyway to fix this? I have to remove the glass everytime to move it off. Nudging doesn't get it out.

I have had this happen to me as well. Have contacted support about it. They recommended bending the metal ball guide there to help. I did this, and thought I had fixed it, but will still do it. I am at 6.5 incline. I also saw the Spooky Boys at Pincinnati tonight, and they mentioned bending it more than I had. I haven't done it yet, but they said pretty much make that a straight line towards that post.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I streamed the update today for close to 3 hours. They ironed out a lot of the bugs. There's some stuff here and there. I sent a detail report of the issues to bug. You'll hear me call them out on the vod too if yall want to watch it. It'll be up for 2 weeks. I made a recording as well. If there's interest I'm sure I could post it on Youtube or something.
Here's the link https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1225281504

Were you playing on 1.04 or 1.04a?

In Death in the Driver's Seat, my right orbit isn't registering. I saw yours was. Did a switch test and seems fine. I am on 1.04.

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I am on 1.04A. The only difference that i know between the two is the judith lock. The one on 1.04 doesn't let it go from the lock. The 1.04a will do a ball search and bring down the target so you can continue play.
However, I noticed mine didn't register every time. It might be worth checking out that switch too.

I will update to 4a just to make sure. I am admittedly a pinball newb, but I went into the switch test today, And rolled a ball around that orbit, and it seemed to register. I will call tech support tomorrow too if it doesn't get sorted.

Wouldn't be too bad if that particular mode didn't get started on it's own so often at this point in the code.

#1882 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

So I was noticing it more on my left orbit, the conclusion I've come to is for the left orbit to register it has to hit the left orbit switch, then the right orbit switch, opposite for the right orbit. If I get a clean shot it hits both no problems, if I catch the left orbit weak off of a back hand shot it will hit the left orbit switch, then miss the right orbit switch as it loops around and not register.

Thinking you are right. There must be space for the ball not to hit the second switch, going either way, if the velocity and/or angle isn't there.

#1893 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Reporting back, I adjusted the switch last night to be much more sensitive so it requires very little pressure to activate and things are playing much better now.

Being new to pinball owning, what is the adjustment I need to make? If too much to type out, I can research on my own.

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from Midnighteric:

Anyone else having issues with 1.04b? If I miss a skill shot, it thinks the ball has drained and auto fires another. Very frustrating. Also, if I unlock the house and the ball drains to the pumpkin scoop, it still auto loads Death in the Driver’s Seat. I’m having the most issues with this current update.

I haven't had the first problem.
Someone said they think autostarting the lowest Pumpkin mode (usually Death in the Driver's Seat), is a feature currently. Not sure, would need Bug or Spooky to confirm though.

#1933 2 years ago

What scores are people posting?

#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If anything it is the position of the diverter. Are you saying your game is playing differently than mine? Can you easily make the upstairs house shot from the right flipper? I don’t want to go changing things if my game is playing as designed.

I would say that I can regularly hit the middle ramp shot from the right flipper. Not super easy, but very repeatable.

1 week later
#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes that is it. I tried it and no way mine would nice to that shot

Same. I can flip it up sometimes though.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great update, the game is starting take Shape.

I see what you did there....

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was having some issues with the three center drop targets either not dropping all the way or not dropping at all with a solid hit. No issues with the other drops.
I pulled the springs and discovered the center drops have a shorter spring than the other three separate drops. I switched springs and sure enough, the single drop springs worked great. I reached out to Spooky for new center drop target springs.
There was a similar issue with the Scolari brothers drops in GB fixed with new springs.
Edit: The good spring, as confirmed by Spooky, is a 10-364.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-extension-spring.html
[quoted image]

Mine don't drop with a solid hit sometimes. I will need to look into this.

#2370 2 years ago

I believe the place the ball gets stuck on the upper playfield that is being mentioned (at least for me), it where you are setting it in the video. Right at that post to the left of the flipper. I have tried to bend that metal, but not quite like you mentioned, so that is a good tip.

When I have some time, I look forward to trying some of the other things you mentioned (spinner position, flipper position, etc) as well. Thanks a lot!

1 month later
#3612 2 years ago

You can regain life for Laurie during house mode by hitting the targets.

2 weeks later
#4269 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone else lose the shot values on skill shot after 1.06b? The shots light but nothing on the screen?

Yes, happening for everyone I believe.

#4271 2 years ago

Played a good 2-3 hours on the newest code last night. Hadn't played for a couple of months due to studying for a professional exam. Man, this pin was kicking my butt since I was so out of practice. I steadily was getting the muscle memory for the shots again though. Got Jack O Latern multiball a couple of times. The new code is really improved, as others have said.

I also rebalanced it and adjusted the "House" playfield as per the posted youtube video, and it is shooting a lot better. Might still need some tweaks.

That right orbit is still a bitch, but can hit it sometimes.

I installed the knife shooter rod. Looks great, but a little rough on my hands playing that long. I might round off the edges to make them smooth. Any others think this too, or do I just have delicate baby hands?

#4416 2 years ago

I bent mine a little, to hit the switch with less pressure, and it helped a lot too.

Check this video:

#4417 2 years ago

I can hit the right orbit with much more consistency if I trap the ball on the left flipper and then try to hit it, versus an "on the fly" hit.

2 months later
#6212 1 year ago

You can request the Spooky team to sign the backbox. My machine was an early one, so they are just on the wood of the backbox, but is looks like they started doing these stickers instead.

3 months later
#9122 1 year ago

I was able to tighten them by a couple of loops, and have had more consistent drop target hits since then. CE #58. Wasn't difficult. Needle nose pliers for the win.

#9211 1 year ago

Can any one chip in about removing and replacing the armor on a butter cab? Just want to make sure there isn't anything I should know about it before going for it. Would had to ruin that sweet sweet finish.

3 weeks later
#10295 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I was able to see that - but people are saying there is another clip that is a "full" clip at the balcony. Just trying to learn the rules and features is all

That is not the case. The nipple flash seen is what is in the movie. I think some people think there is more than that from memory, but when you go back and watch the actual film, that is all there is.

Love completing this mode though. Very challenging but fun.

1 year later
#16675 54 days ago

Would any of you with a Butter Cab risk taking your machine to a show? I would like to share my Halloween at the Louisville Arcade Expo, but its a beautiful shiny butter cab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider icyjones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=icyjones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.