Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12306 1 year ago

Sorry to be “that guy”, but I get my NIB CE buttercab this week and was checking out this thread. I went through the key topics, have inquired about the house/vine/scoop mod. Anything else pressing I need to know? Thanks for any suggestions you may have!!

Kyle

#12382 1 year ago

Shoot, I haven’t even opened my NIB and this lack of code/long updates makes me wonder if I did the right thing in buying this machine. Fingers crossed that Spooky gets it done in a timely fashion…

#12409 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I dont find pinside depressing at all. If you let your hobby make you sad, move on dude.

I’m only sad on pricing! My CE Butter Cab is on route…thank god I HAD two kidneys! Lol

I might have a spleen for sale…

#12421 1 year ago

Seriously….there really is only so much you can make different from game to game. I am a
Novice collector and there are MANY games/cross manufacturers that are extremely similar. Seems like a lame argument. Most cars have 4 wheels too…

#12465 1 year ago

Quick question:
Butter Cab CE #728 landed home yesterday. So far so good except the knife topper….keeps falling off the post. Is it supposed to be glued? No way to put a nut on the back end (it’s closed), figured maybe it is held with adhesive?
Thanks
Kyle

#12467 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Tiny tiny Allen Keyed Grub screw in the arbor. Gotta look close to see it.

Thanks. I see the hole and threads but am missing the little Allen screw. Sent a message to Spooky for their guidance. Much appreciated on the help guitardad!

Kyle

#12507 1 year ago

Has anyone found/added mini Jack-o-lanterns to their game? There was someone I saw in the marketplace that made a limited run…just seeing if anyone else was able to source some as I recently got my machine and missed his mod.
Thanks for any heads up!

Kyle

#12553 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Cross-posting this from the UM thread, as it all applies to Halloween too:
---
As we get closer to the next update (thanks for your patience) I thought I'd do a quick behind-the-scenes post. I'm hoping to do a few more of these as the updates are released over the coming months, feel free to ask questions, and I'll address in a future post if I can (some things I can't talk about though - I'll do my best).
There's a lot to programming pinball machines, so I thought we'd go into that briefly with this update. What's the process, what tools do we use, and what does the Ultraman code look like from a high level.
First, lets talk about "regular" software development, which often all happens in the one environment. Normally you'd make a change, save, sometimes compile the code, check the result. Repeat. And repeat... Depending on the language and application there are tools to speed this up, and there are lots of clever folks out there continually improving things, sometimes you can even make a change "live" and everything is instant, that's the holy grail of development.
Pinball machines and other hardware devices bring another layer of complexity, in that you can only do so much on your development machine before you need to get it running on the actual hardware to really test it. The whole process isn't as quick and there are a LOT of moving parts and variables in a pinball. For a start, if something isn't working the first question is "is it physically broken, electrically or is the software?!" Oh boy. We have a lot of test cases where the machine is put into a certain state and we can quickly jump to testing something specific. We don't have to play through a real game to get to a multiball for example. After we make more changes we can re-run those tests and make sure we didn't accidentally break something that was working.
So, what's in the Ultraman code? Here's some stats:
- 17,549 individual files in the project, it's about 3.5 GB
- 1,637 files are videos and sounds
- the longest C# code file is currently the Zetton wizard mode at 2871 lines
Here's a photo of my desk, yes, four screens is probably excessive, but you gotta have at least three =). Unity on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, playfield with switches and keyboard shortcuts on the vertical screen on the right, project management and music on the top. Tools used include: Visual Studio (C# code), Unity (engine), Git (version control), Beyond Compare (check and copy things between projects), Trello (project management), Miro (diagrams), Photoshop (images), Shotcut (videos), lots of USB sticks for update files(!)
Hopefully that was of some interest, the next update is really coming along, and we're doing everything we can to get it done and tested and released as soon as possible. We've got a lot of cool improvements in the pipeline too as we all work to make the game as awesome as possible.
Matt
Spooky
[quoted image]

I didn’t see the stress ball on your desk….
Thanks for the insight! I’m sure it will be great!

1 week later
#12599 1 year ago

I’m just learning this…is there an issue with the powder coating? Was it early runs or all machines?
Thanks in advance!

1 week later
#12709 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Playing on a standard too

What were the differences between the standard and ce?

3 weeks later
#13232 1 year ago
Quoted from Cento:

Last run of Pumpkin mods. Only 3 sets left. Available on pinside marketplace. There will be no more after this. Doesn’t include pumpkin on cutting board.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work. Sorry I missed out. If you ever get bored and make more, shoot me a PM.

1 month later
#13889 11 months ago

Can I be added to the list too?
Thanks!

1 month later
#14328 10 months ago

I love/hate this thread. I probably drank too much tonight. I’ve been in this hobby a lot longer than most. I am NOT a pinball player, shit, I barely turn my games on. Down vote all you want, I don’t care. I lurk, I follow. I got lucky my game plays flawless…or maybe it doesn’t and I just don’t know.
Buy it, sell it…who cares. Code will come. Bad build? Bad response from Spooky? Really?? Come on. I have owned many of the so called top pins. Sure they were from CG, but I still had them. I don’t believe they were as encompassing as Halloween. This game, the theme and everything about it I firmly believe is a home run. I added the house, pumpkin leaves and scoop mod from Andrew (amazing by the way). But Jesus, why all the complaints? We all know the risks. We all know the losses. How about trust that it will be better one day (I think it’s great now, and I’m still playing on the code that came with it). Just enjoy the game. If you’re not a competitive player, then who cares? Report the bugs and errors and trust that that they are doing their best to fix it. Again, I apologize if this offends anyone, but there are much bigger problems to focus our attention on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=hollywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.